• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Prey First Look

L.O.R.D

there is several doors in the demo that need passcode to open.
and found code 7324 but it's not working on any door.

edit:there is another code,7621,but also does nothing,maybe those codes for doors in the full game.

edit:there is another code,7621,but also does nothing,maybe those codes for doors in the full game.

Like Dishonored games, some of the codes in Prey will be randomized per playthrough

Xe4

Banned
So I've been very positive towards the game, even among a lot of the negative reactions and pessimism in the demo thread, but I felt this was important to bring up for PS4 users. From a Prey demo impression thread on /r/games, user ContributorX_PJ64 posted this:
I have no clue how accurate that is considering I haven't played any of those, but there you go.

Yeah, I think those who played it on PS4 had a significantly more negative impression than those who did not.

It's anecdotal, but I thought it was great when I played on Xbox, which was a minority position. If they fix the input lag, I think that'll solve a lot of people's problems with the game.

Okay I am struggling to see how these graphics are bad, the art direction looks great.

Combat looks like System Shock 2 combat which if you've played SS2 it isn't the greatest but it has a unique feel, with layers of systems on systems.

For example fighting certain enemies like the machine mothers or whatever they were called, it would often be best to use AP rounds.

Maintaining your weapon was important, minor enemies can be killed with the almighty wrench or psi abilities to conserve supplies.

EDIT: Hah, this game even has the same problem SS2 had, an awful soundtrack. turning that off makes the game a masterpiece.

ktroopa

John makes mention of the "usual split" in this video. After the 2:10 mark.

Higher res may not help much at all with specular aliasing.

Sorry i should mentioned i was referring to the DF video analysis, yes i did read the article. It is covered in the video, though somehow i missed that.
Less shrooms for me :)

I was trying the PS4 demo and the input lag is just terrible beyond belief. It's unplayable imo and it's why I stopped playing. My first combat situation was just crazy because I couldn't aim well. In fact I think game steaming services such as ps now have a more tolerable input lag from my experience. I have no idea how they fucked up so badly. I was hoping to share the costs of the PS4 version of the game to save money with roommate, but if they don't fix it and add a PS4 pro support, I am not buying it. I am considering the PC version since I have a decent pc, but from the look of it and how there isn't even a demo for the game, and factoring in Arkane's history with pc ports I have very low expectations. If it turns out decent port with good performance on GTX 1060 I won't even hasitate to buy it because the game looks incredible.

KORNdoggy

the code you find on the quarantine cell wall is the safe code for the doctors office in the trauma centre (7324). the door however is locked. but you can open it with nerf gun arrows and a little physics. you can open way more doors in the demo then you would probably expect.

People are complaining about this games soundtrack!? Am i taking god damn crazy pills. Its fucking fantastic so far if the demo is anything to go by. I just wish the combat music knew when the actual combat ended

Top Bottom