• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

wmlk

Colin is going to complain about every small thing pointed against him. Even when he says otherwise, we've seen it happen again and again.

justjim89

God this playing the victim shit he's been doing ever since the joke is pathetic. You'd have thought Greg kicked him in the nuts and let the whole town throw eggs at him.

Ferny

I mean, I see his point tbh. Greg at the very least of all people should have stood by him some more rather than just that one little text document. You can save the company face, but still have the back of your friend thats been there for what, 10 years?

Just seemed a little weird to me.

Mezoly

I mean, I see his point tbh. Greg at the very least of all people should have stood by him some more rather than just that one little text document. You can save the company face, but still have the back of your friend thats been there for what, 10 years?

I think they were tired of him dragging the company into unnecessary drama. Also Greg knows Colin too well and he knows Colin's intentions of trolling.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Nvm... I'll take a break from here until this community heals. Frankly not a fun place to be a part of seeing what asinine shit people defend.

Calderc

Honestly don't think Cin came accross badly at all, and I'm not exactly a fan of his.

For the people looking for drama, he made two very important caveat's while talking about the fallout. One was 'not talking about people i'm really close with' while talking about losing friends and the other was 'not talking about about my business partners or anything like that'. Paraphrasing obviously, but he did make those points.

Nah, they are running a business. They run a business that partly requires them to be in good standing with people in the gaming industry. Colin had become Persona Non Grata in said gaming industry. He had to do something to save face.

And also, as Greg himself said "Friendship is being able to tell your friend when you don't agree."

God this playing the victim shit he's been doing ever since the joke is pathetic. You'd have thought Greg kicked him in the nuts and let the whole town throw eggs at him.

Yeah, that's what always bugged me the most. If you want to be a troll who "challenges" people. Fine. But don't play the victim later.

Vinc

I don't feel like Greg threw him under the bus in any way. He just expressed that he didn't agree with it. I guess Colin needed defending against people who called him a Nazi, but I don't think Greg was responding to those people. Colin saying "NOBODY was offended by the tweet, and everyone is just out to get me" is completely ridiculous, when the vast majority of people who simply didn't like the tweet just expressed disappointment at the inflamatory nature of the tweet. Colin himself said he expected such a response.

Negativity breeds negativity. I'm sad because I really, really enjoyed Colin's sociopolitical commentary on KF lately, when he was ACTUALLY being reasonable. Right now he's just being negative / salty, and that turns me off, big time... as it goes against what he often preaches. Maybe it's just yet another tone issue from him, but it's a problem he's had repeatedly and I'm just tired of it. I'll check out his show once or twice, but if it doesn't grab me- I'm out. Such a shame.

Icolin

Banned
So this exists.

C7tjKaXVMAApVxk.jpg
Source

C7pRbvtVYAEPnfy.jpg

Holy fuck Kevin.
Why don't they bring Kevin in to replace Colin?

And I'm being serious, he is completely different than the other 3. Tim is too much like Greg, Nick is cool but he always sounds like he is high as a kite (nothing against that I smoke regularly) but Kevin would be perfect I think. Dude is a complete goof

ST2K

Why don't they bring Kevin in to replace Colin?

And I'm being serious, he is completely different than the other 3. Tim is too much like Greg, Nick is cool but he always sounds like he is high as a kite (nothing against that I smoke regularly) but Kevin would be perfect I think. Dude is a complete goof

He knows next to nothing about games and has said as much.

He's not who they need.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Danny O'Dwyer on the next gamescast. Should be fantastic.

Nvm... I'll take a break from here until this community heals. Frankly not a fun place to be a part of seeing what asinine shit people defend.

Do you mean this thread? What are we defending?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Do you mean this thread? What are we defending?

I mean the people that still come in with the clueless routine "I don't understand the outrage!!!" and the people that scramble to defend Colin's right to douchebaggery,
that blame Greg and co for not standing up for Colin. Obviously this means I'm not referring to absolutely everyone in this thread there's a lot good people here. But I just can't take reading the nonsense that pops up anymore so I'll wait until this community grows out of the Colin remnants and becomes a force for the positive hopefully.

a916

Considering Greg makes abortion/racist jokes all the time, it's a weird thing for him to alienate him and just throw him under like that. It's one thing to shun the joke, but another to support the guy and be like "he's not a racist/sexist"

Ha I just finished that Rubin Report episode and was coming here to say I don't think how anyone could come away from that believing there's beef between Colin and the guys but I guess I'm wrong. He was making it sound like on that episode that what he wants to do and be is separate from Kinda Funny and he wanted to do his own thing anyway and it was a voluntary, amicable split.

Looking back now I guess the one thing against my argument was when he started crying and told that Rubin fella that he's his newest friend and defended him more than his oldest friends did.

Could be Brian Altano who took shots at Colin too saying something along the lines of "Ironic coming from KIndaFunny that is all guys...." Insinuating he's a sexist.

Maximo

I mean the people that still come in with the clueless routine "I don't understand the outrage!!!" and the people that scramble to defend Colin's right to douchebaggery,
that blame Greg and co for not standing up for Colin. Obviously this means I'm not referring to absolutely everyone in this thread there's a lot good people here. But I just can't take reading the nonsense that pops up anymore so I'll wait until this community grows out of the Colin remnants and becomes a force for the positive hopefully.

It will never fully go away take it from Jim Sterling he has said he has had multiple people the same people send him messages every...single...day of shitposting and hate. The hate and toxicity will always be there now these people become obsessive and don't care if anything else is a better use of their time, hopefully the community simply drowns them out and continues moving on as best as it can.

Greg is playing the big man, at least on the public face
Colin is playing the victim and sees the dollars rack in the patreon

Wonder what the hell happened behind the scenes.

Whatever it was can't be too terrible. Otherwise, he wouldn't be coming to back to do a podcast with them on Tuesday. If he really held animosity towards them, I'm not sure he'd have wanted to show up. I mean, would you? I'll wait until I see the episode to determine if I feel things between them are as bad as some people are saying.

Also, in the comments of one of the YouTube videos (Ask Kinda Funny Anything, which I assume was meant to be an Ask Colin Anything originally), someone notes that in the Joe Rogan Podcast, Colin said he did not want people attacking Greg and the guys (is that his first words on the matter?). One of Colin's supporters (presumably) replied by saying he doesn't take orders from Colin and would continue his attack of the guys. I kind of had some hope that if Colin asked people (mainly his supporters) to lay off their attack on the guys, that they would listen. Nope. What a mess.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm just kinda over it? Like I don't wish Colin ill will or anything. I'm just kinda ready for everyone to move on and do their own thing vs dragging this out?

How anyone watching anything Colin has put out can claim he is playing the victim is beyond me.

He is, in fact, the victim. Mob mentality going to work on him because of a harmless tweet.

So when is the mob mentality ok? In the other Colin thread a large number of people had their pitchforks out but they also wanted his "followers" to leave Kinda Funny out of it. Why is it ok to do to one but not the other? For the record, it's not ok to do to either party.

How is he not a victim when he sent out a sexist tweet(mild in every sense of the word and clearly a joke) and then gets labeled a racist and bigot to boot?

Weird mentality.

Maximo

How anyone watching anything Colin has put out can claim he is playing the victim is beyond me.

He is, in fact, the victim. Mob mentality going to work on him because of a harmless tweet.

So when is the mob mentality ok? In the other Colin thread a large number of people had their pitchforks out but they also wanted his "followers" to leave Kinda Funny out of it. Why is it ok to do to one but not the other? For the record, it's not ok to do to either party.

How is he not a victim when he sent out a sexist tweet(mild in every sense of the word and clearly a joke) and then gets labeled a racist and bigot to boot?

Weird mentality.

Perhaps you should read the thread or the huge thread we had about Colin, its tiring typing the same response to people who *Lol didn't read anything that has happened so here is my uneducated view on this topic", Its not just the joke but people seem to latch onto it.

Perhaps you should read the thread or the huge thread we had about Colin, its tiring typing the same response to people who *Lol didn't read anything that has happened so here is my uneducated view on this topic", Its not just the joke but people seem to latch onto it.

And maybe you should read my post where I referenced the other thread, thus, meaning I have been reading.

It's tiring for sure but not in your way.

StoveOven

Banned
Danny O'Dwyer sent out an update email to his patrons today. In it he mentioned that he's going to be trying to help the guys out when he can while they're transitioning. This probably just means that he'll be on podcasts here and there, but I saw this thread pop up and figured people in here might want to know this.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Danny O'Dwyer sent out an update email to his patrons today. In it he mentioned that he's going to be trying to help the guys out when he can while they're transitioning. This probably just means that he'll be on podcasts here and there, but I saw this thread pop up and figured people in here might want to know this.

He's on the next gamescast. I can't wait, love Danny.

I think it says something that Danny would have been close to the situation having traveled with them to PAX in the aftermath, has his own commitments and yet is going out of his way to help them.

Maximo

Danny is fucking great.

Visceir

Tim: "From my perspective people calling Colin a sexist/mysoginistic or whatever...that is such a small thing that I didn't even realize that was even an issue." -- there were multiple articles referring to Colin as such or even as a racist, the Colin thread on gaf was full of it. It was a character assassination and by no means "small thing", it's the main reason why they're getting the downvotes and bleeding patreon supporters right now.

jviggy43

The show is much better without collin for me. Entirely unsurprising to see these reactions from his fans and sort of really only adds to what Tim was saying when he asked if these were the types of fans he (Collin) wanted.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
It will never fully go away take it from Jim Sterling he has said he has had multiple people the same people send him messages every...single...day of shitposting and hate. The hate and toxicity will always be there now these people become obsessive and don't care if anything else is a better use of their time, hopefully the community simply drowns them out and continues moving on as best as it can.

I hope that too but not a fight have any interest in given that I can actually just partake in communities that aren't full of Colin man babies incapable of the concept of empathy.
Good luck to everyone else on pushing back against garbage like that and good luck to Greg, Tim, Nick and Kevin mending what they can.

Maximo

This will die soon

I like the channel better now

Personally do too only because the last few months Colin hasn't been involved as much and needed to be coax into engaging with conversations, really do hope they get a fourth member obviously its going to be hard and take awhile but would love someone to bring in a different personality and opinions.

It's quite odd that for a gaming-centric channel, the amount of videos of them actually playing games are few and far between. I really think they should breakout the "review/impressions" discussions they have on the Gamescast into them playing the game while discussing it.

I know they rolled back Lets Plays considerably since they weren't happy with how they were turning out (and I think the community agreed), but now it feels like we get maybe one a month and most of the time it's either sponsored or someone bringing their game to the studio. That's why I was so happy to hear that Greg was streaming before each KFMS, he was even committed to the point of switching out the game because it wasn't fun, but it seems like that was just for this week only, and they didn't even bother to put those on YouTube.

It would be great for them to have one livestream per week of them playing games, I think I would want to see that more than bringing back Lets Plays. It would give them more freedom to play whatever games they want to, not just what is big right now, also it can be a rotating seat just like KFMS so it will be different people each week.

Greg has stated they have loads of let's plays recorded but are withholding them until all the cry baby Cult of Colin members piss off out of the comment section. He doesn't want creators of great games to have their worked shat on by a bunch of man-children.

People are way too emotionally invested in guys that sit around and talk about stuff like what their favourite letter of the alphabet is and whether they're still great mates or not. Shit happens, people get older, get different goals and interests in life and sometimes grow apart. Those comment sections are fucking brutal, absolute lunatics.

Colin was the guy I certainly was most interested in listening to when it comes to KF stuff since I can certainly relate to some of his personality traits, but w/e, he's gone now to do things he seems to actually have an interest in, but I prob won't follow his next step much since I don't have a lot of interest hearing him waffle on about history and politics.

Yea those comments are no good. All the animals are out of the cage now.
But us delicate liberal snowflakes are the ones with the outrage.

Greg has stated they have loads of let's plays recorded but are withholding them until all the cry baby Cult of Colin members piss off out of the comment section. He doesn't want creators of great games to have their worked shat on by a bunch of man-children.

They should probably just turn comments off for a while.

Top Bottom