• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Only one area per planet

Gaz_RB

CqfEwxe.gif

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
How easy is it to delete fusion coils from Destiny maps?

We actually patched the beta on all platforms mid stride. Tweaked some smaller stuff, too. Halo's tools weren't as agile as we wanted them to be as more and more support opportunities came online. It's definitely something we are going to be better at.

Unfortunate that you are getting upset, is there any way you can nip this thread in the bud by giving us the rundown of what will be in the game released in September? (I know some things are subject to change but a general idea would be great, if you can do it.)

C Jones

Unfortunate that you are getting upset, is there any way you can nip this thread in the bud by giving us the rundown of what will be in the game released in September? (I know some things are subject to change but a general idea would be great, if you can do it.)
Everyone keep refreshing folks, this is it!!!!

Too late.

Can one of you whiners please describe for me their expectations? Put numbers to it. Tell me by using number-of-BF-campaigns as a unit of measurement or something. All I keep hearing is that their nondescript concerns aren't being met. How about sharing those expectations?

No. It's not whining when for almost 2 years Bungie is describing how many massive worlds we are going to explore.

Just like the E3 2013 video someone posted before where they said "you see those areas over there? You can go there and explore! We just won't right now because of time." Yeah, no people are rightfully raising questions because we're finding out 2 months before release that they were full of shit for the last 19 months.

If they had just been honest about what the game was this wouldn't be happening but then again the hype levels wouldn't be to the moon either. It doesn't help when in this same thread urk makes a long post but doesn't answer a single question.

Just because people are raising questions and concerns and sounding negative doesn't mean they're bitching or whining for no reason. We have PLEANTY of reason for concern and we're lucky this came out BEFORE we shelled out $60

(And before people go "well you obviously hate the game and aren't buying it so why bother", I actually went from "not buy at all" to "definitely picking it up sometime in the future." Now it's just about getting it at launch for $60 or months away on sale at $30)

I'm sure if he could he would.

SeanR1221

If you don't think the game is worth your time and doesn't have enough content at 59.99, don't buy it. Actions speak louder than words anyway. Vote with your dollar. I'm sure it's been mentioned but I have a feeling this will be like that MW2 Steam picture.

Anyways, I always just assumed it was one area per planet, so no less hype here. Were we ever told we'll get to explore all different areas of the earth, and that's why people are upset?

steam-modern-warfare-2-boycott.jpg

Fracas

#fuckonami
We actually patched the beta on all platforms mid stride. Tweaked some smaller stuff, too. Halo's tools weren't as agile as we wanted them to be as more and more support opportunities came online. It's definitely something we are going to be better at.

I know you probably can't answer either way, but I hope competitive MP has solid custom game options. I would enjoy a gametype with no supers and restricted loadouts.

Can you bring back Squad Slayer?

It still hurts man

Overdoziz

Banned
Can you bring back Squad Slayer?

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Does Borderlands have any player vs. player content? Maps designed from the ground up for competitive multiplayer?

The answer is no.

These things don't come at zero cost.

The answer is yes, nice try.

Destiny PvP sucks donkey dick IMO anyways. An incoherent mess is the best way to describe it.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes

I'm not upset. I'm about to pop a beer and celebrate. As you might imagine, what I'm probably not going to do is provide a list of ALL THE CONTENT IN THE GAME. Unless the beer is really, really strong.

Portugeezer

Will you patch the Moons gravity?

Irnbru

You don't have to sigh if you just clarify it all. Game's about to come out in a month, should we be anticipating more concrete details about planet content in a dev diary or something?

Or just wait for reviews?

Folks, there are probably ndas and such, can't be telling everyone on the internet everything becuase you're all acting like manbabies. Not you messofanego, just people in this thread.

Damn you Urk! damn your bungles.

I'm not upset. I'm about to pop a beer and celebrate. As you might imagine, what I'm probably not going to do is provide a list of ALL THE CONTENT IN THE GAME. Unless the beer is really, really strong.
Drink up!
Come back in a few hours. Also eat lots of salty peanuts.

I'm getting the game regardless, but for the people worried, is there more than say, just Old Russia to explore on Earth?

Principate

Saint Titanfall

What's wrong with strong beers just some legitimate hints here and there... pretty plz...

Hell, I'd settle for a PM then. I promise I won't blab! ;)

C Jones

Well I for one am shocked we aren't getting a complete list tonight.

I'm getting the game regardless, but for the people worried, is there more than say, just Old Russia to explore on Earth?

Yeah, even just answering this would ease a lot of people's concerns. Is Old Russia the only Earth area for the campaign? That could give us an insight to the other areas of the game without making a list of everything. Right now everyone is basing their info off the beta and that's what's worrying folks.

I think something as simple as: "there is more than what is outlined than in the OP" would suffice.

No need to detail what that may be.

100% this. Giving non-answers just screams "we can't tell and by that we mean we won't because we know it's right and don't want another 50 page thread of wtf.gif reactions on every gaming website from upset potential buyers."

Do I think this game will provide more content than any CoD game? Yup. Yet everyone lined up to hand over $60 Day 1 for that series year after year. And not to mention the map packs. Ooh, I can have Snoop in the game? Take my money...

This thread:
lulz57orm.gif

I legitimately laughed out loud at this

hennelol2.gif

Ramirez

He doesn't have the authority to give out all the information you goobs. If Halo launches are anything to go off of, different sites will probably get exclusive planet info in the lead up to launch.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
What is Urk trying to hide?

Why won't he just provide us the answers?

Did George Bush have a wireless earpiece in for the second debate with John Kerry?

People, Urk is a community manager, not a one man PR machine who decides when to announce major features.

Davenday

Seeing that this game is meant to have a 10-year shelf life, I wouldn't be surprised if there's only a limited number of maps/levels on initial release. It's a pipe dream if you're going to expect a lot of content from the get-go. They're going to milk it for what's it worth as DLC.

IMO, this feels like a non-issue. First day purchase on my end.

unbias

If you don't think the game is worth your time and doesn't have enough content at 59.99, don't buy it. Actions speak louder than words anyway. Vote with your dollar. I'm sure it's been mentioned but I have a feeling this will be like that MW2 Steam picture.

Anyways, I always just assumed it was one area per planet, so no less hype here. Were we ever told we'll get to explore all different areas of the earth, and that's why people are upset?

You realize that pic shows at least 17 pages and less then 1 page is filled with people playing it. I'm not sure what you think that pic is showing.

OverHeat

« generous god »

Send Me an address, a box full of fine liquor is on the way to get you talking :p

Did George Bush have a wireless earpiece in for the second debate with John Kerry?

People, Urk is a community manager, not a one man PR machine who decides when to announce major features.

So what you're telling me is that urk was the second gunman on the grassy knoll?

I read this as $60 base game, $30 expansion, $15 mission DLC, $10 weapon/armor DLC, $20 Planet add-on DLC, $5 dancing emote DLC, another $30 expansion, $15 multiplayer map pack and then all over again for Destiny 2! But hey, at least they have an event where I can get a free emblem! But then again that's probably just one emblem they chose from a $5 emblem DLC pack.

So much post-release content guys!

I could be wrong, but they hyped and described SO much content at release and post-release and I doubt Kotick and Co. will hand it out in free updates.

Destiney will be the ultimate nickel and dime simulator.

OverHeat

« generous god »
He doesn't have the authority to give out all the information you goobs. If Halo launches are anything to go off of, different sites will probably get exclusive planet info in the lead up to launch.

Microsoft was handling the PR if I remember correctly

Honestly curious as to why we can't get a rundown of what content will ship.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Like the "mp" was so great amazing in Borderlands. Destiny pvp is great and really fun.

Im not even trying to talk about PvP, Vire brought it up to defend that the game might not have as much PvE content as BL 1/2, the most similar game to Destiny out right now. Considering nearly 100% of the marketing for the game has been SP focused and "Go explore all these planets" and "You can even go way out there!" its a valid complaint. Not sure why he felt so hurt about he needed to make a thread to defend poor wittle Bungie.

Vire

I think something as simple as: "there is more than what is outlined in the OP" would suffice.

No need to detail what that may be.

Im not even trying to talk about PvP, Vire brought it up to defend that the game might not have as much PvE content as BL 1/2, the most similar game to Destiny out right now. Considering nearly 100% of the marketing for the game has been SP focused and "Go explore all these planets" and "You can even go way out there!" its a valid complaint. Not sure why he felt so hurt about he needed to make a thread to defend poor wittle Bungie.

I didn't make that thread to defend Bungie, it was an ongoing attitude prevalent on GAF that has been exacerbated since the Watch_Dogs fiasco and hasn't stopped since. If no one says anything, threads like this will continue to be a shithole because of people like you.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

TBF That boycott had several pages (17 in fact) this only showing the one.

DNAbro

drink up. Can't wait for the full game!

Im not even trying to talk about PvP, Vire brought it up to defend that the game might not have as much PvE content as BL 1/2, the most similar game to Destiny out right now.

And where exactly did you come up with that? When was it disclosed that Borderlands 1/2 has more content than Destiny? Stop talking out your ass.

SgtCobra

1 area per planet confirmed.
Destiny? More like Destinay

Still buying day 1, the beta got me hooked.

Moofers

Do I think this game will provide more content than any CoD game? Yup. Yet everyone lined up to hand over $60 Day 1 for that series year after year. And not to mention the map packs. Ooh, I can have Snoop in the game? Take my money...

This thread:
lulz57orm.gif

CoD Ghosts catches a lot of hell here, but that game delivered content in spades. The VS portion has more modes of play then any other series aside from Halo. The Co-op offers Extinction and Safeguard modes. Then there's a pretty fun campaign as far as CoD campaigns go. So cut the series some slack because using it as the go-to game to shit on is played out.

Because that's probably a massive list, plus some of us would rather discover it ourselves and reviews will mention this.
Surely it can't be hard to say:
* There are X unique environments in PVE, and Y in PVP
* There are Z public events
* There are A campaign missions
* There are B strike missions
* There are C raids

That's all I'm really interested in anyway.

Sojgat

Oh, hello.

Destiny's pretty big. It's the biggest game we've ever made, by far, and we're sort of known for making games you can play for months, years, and even decades if you're a little bit...dedicated.

With Destiny, we're looking to exceed what we've done before, not just in terms of scale - the Moon is our smallest destination - but in terms of scope and breadth of activities. That's true for day one, as you expect, but it also means we want Destiny to have super long legs.

If we're fortunate enough to have you playing months after launch, you still find lots of compelling stuff to do. That will manifest itself in a myriad of ways, from straight up content to cool activities we've yet to show off.

We think we did a decent job supporting Halo, post launch, but we were only ever able to cater to the competitive set. That left a lot of players out in the cold. That made a lot of the team grumpy. We wanted to do better. So, Destiny is philosophically built support every type of player, and all modes with ongoing activities and events. We look at it quite a bit like television programming, as opposed to a singular film, as we had in the past. We think it's gonna be pretty great, but we wanted to test out a bunch of our new stuff with Beta, to make sure we could flip knobs and levers live, reacting and responding with lots (and, ho boy, did we see LOTS) of players online and playing.

Beta was water wings. Level 8 is nothing. You barely scratched the surface, and it seems like some folks had fun with what was there.

If you did, good news. More soon.

MBlS7Wr.gif

Eoin

No ones really asking you to do that mate. It's cool there will be a ton to do in each location compared to the beta and i'm really looking forward to playing it, but this thread is mainly about there being only being one area like Old Russia on each planet. You could have nipped that in the bud with a simple nope without having to spoil anything, so your silence is kinda all the confirmation it needs.

Congrats on the Beta though and enjoy that beer.

Top Bottom