• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

dream

Haha, I've been shying away from games with virtual buttons but I like the theme.

I understand your concern, but I think most modern platformers play pretty well on the iPad now. Developers have kind of figured out how to make virtual buttons work.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
turrible night for chicago sports fan, hawks lose again in overtime, and the heat are thugging it up against the soft ass bulls. thibs needs to channel his inner kobra kai

I turned to the Hawks game just in time to see Phoenix score that OT goal. FML...

Why the fuck does Phoenix even have a hockey team in the first place?

Heel

I understand your concern, but I think most modern platformers play pretty well on the iPad now. Developers have kind of figured out how to make virtual buttons work.

I'll have to buy it and never get around to playing it then. Thank you dream.

Heel

Get Terra Noctis too, but only if it's 99 pence.

517015.png

517015.png

Heel

Bad MMA fans, it's worth noting that the promotion that brought us the streaming classic Winterbrawl starring Sherman Pendergarst are back with their promised "Holy shit, Yoshida!" main event next weekend.

Here's hoping they can afford to stream it.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
CaptYamato said:
How many languages does Reem know? I am sure I saw a clip of his speaking German.
It must be around 5 or so, but I'm not sure how fluent he is in them. Dutch, English, Swedish, German and now Spanish. Even if his command of some are a little basic it's still impressive.

JDS and Reem are showing how it's done, picking up languages at every opportunity to garner fans and dispel the myth of the intellectually limited cage fighter. The UFC is well on its way to becoming the leading sports entertainment platform of university language departments the world over.

I must thank Heel for the avatar. I will wear it with er... proudly. This sense of camaraderie truly elevates MMA-GAF to a higher level of class than most.

dream

Classy? Us? A group that fucked yacobod's avatar space on a technicality? A group that gleefully watches iPhone 3GS streams of Jens Pulver vs 50 year old marines? A group that has a member who is legitimately sexually aroused when Rush St. Pierre is dry humping his way to unanimous decisions? A group that includes someone who watches every PPV at "Buffalo Wild Wings?" A group that contains one, maybe two, PSP Vita owners? Classy? Us?

No.

What's that Star Wars quote? Something about a wretched hive of scum and villainy? That's us.

dream

Oh, I almost forgot our other good friend who used to be a prolific (and fun) poster until he joined the "work force" and became an American "salaryman" and now only graces us with his presence during coffee breaks, in between drafting TPS reports, and waiting for his frozen TV dinner to thaw in his one bedroom "loft."

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Class is a relative term, doubly so on the internet. The self awareness and tongue in cheek nature of much of this thread shine brightly enough to make it a beacon in a sea of intellectual dishonesty and self righteous ignorance. I fail to see how listing these appalling acts of human depravity as you did is any different to a member of a gentlemen's club gently ribbing his dining companion for his sexual perversions, or perhaps making light of his family's notorious history of Nazi sympathisers during a round of golf.

dream

This raises an interesting question. Who has the moral high ground: A Ultimate Fighting fan, clad in Affliction and Silver Star, double fisting his 40 ozs, screaming for blood and violence, and oblivious to much of the sketchier aspects of the Ultimate? Or a composite of the best of UFC-GAF who, having seen what lies behind the curtain, still continues to watch because of the hilarity of things like "Jim Miller" main eventing or Alistair Overeem potentially getting licensed to fight despite everything?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
That composite of UFC-GAF double fists 40s and screams for blood and violence too. The difference between the first and second person is the difference between a mark and a smark.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
No way. You must have missed the day when we all shared our expensive and distinguished tastes in liquor.
You must have missed how happy we were when Joe Warren was stretchered out. Sure we're more cultured but when it comes down to it, we desire the same things as the Affliction-wearing primate. Violence and alcohol to go along with it.

dream

The only guy I want to watch get stretchered out is Cowboy Cerrone. Other than that, I enjoy gentle submissions where the only thing that gets hurt is someone's pride.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Good placement by the UFC to put Jones and Evans on Inside the NBA, two people that can talk articulately about the sport.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Bad MMA fans, it's worth noting that the promotion that brought us the streaming classic Winterbrawl starring Sherman Pendergarst are back with their promised "Holy shit, Yoshida!" main event next weekend.

Here's hoping they can afford to stream it.

Yes!

Too bad i might miss it.

Have fun trolling the chat of family members and commentators.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

FUCKING HELL... I love watching Thai Fights. Those things get brutal.

That elbow, god damn.

I'm in Phuket right now doing full-time training and all of the coaches are professional fighters. I saw two of them fight on TV last weekend (one won and one lost, both by decision) and they are absolute wrecking machines. They were both back in the gym teaching and sparring the next day even with the damage they took.

The gym I go to also hosts fights every Friday. Since I'm training here for a month I get free tickets. Some of the coaches will be fighting, as well as some of the students. I'll try to make some videos tonight.

Oh shit guess what guys, Fedor will be fighting THE ROCK!

No, not THAT Rock, Pedro "The Rock" Rizzo.

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just landed in ATL so I'm on Worst Coast Time now like our good friend TheNatural.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter

Just landed in ATL so I'm on Worst Coast Time now like our good friend TheNatural.

Wow, is that confirmed? There's been all kinds of rumors about his next fight, in an increasingly crappy spiral of craptitude!

It must be around 5 or so, but I'm not sure how fluent he is in them. Dutch, English, Swedish, German and now Spanish. Even if his command of some are a little basic it's still impressive.

JDS and Reem are showing how it's done, picking up languages at every opportunity to garner fans and dispel the myth of the intellectually limited cage fighter. The UFC is well on its way to becoming the leading sports entertainment platform of university language departments the world over.

I must thank Heel for the avatar. I will wear it with er... proudly. This sense of camaraderie truly elevates MMA-GAF to a higher level of class than most.

Wait, he speaks Swedish? God status confirmed!

yacobod

Banned
Good placement by the UFC to put Jones and Evans on Inside the NBA, two people that can talk articulately about the sport.

LOL two black guys speaking articulately. that's racist.

dude that thread is weird.

an unemployed guy collecting government food stamps has to battle for his e-celebrity, THIS IS NEOGAF!

This raises an interesting question. Who has the moral high ground: A Ultimate Fighting fan, clad in Affliction and Silver Star, double fisting his 40 ozs, screaming for blood and violence, and oblivious to much of the sketchier aspects of the Ultimate? Or a composite of the best of UFC-GAF who, having seen what lies behind the curtain, still continues to watch because of the hilarity of things like "Jim Miller" main eventing or Alistair Overeem potentially getting licensed to fight despite everything?

group 2 is obviously worse. group 1 has ignorance on their side.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

I expect that to change from Pedro getting injured. Who could we bring in as a replacement? Ricco Rodriguez? Seth Petruzelli? James McSweeney?

yacobod

Banned
UFC's JBJ can use UFC145 to launch into superstardom, story at Yahoo. Apparantely he's represented by Ari Emanuel, of Entourage fame.

As much as the UFC wants to push him into the superstar role, I don't see him ever becoming a big ppv draw.

Top Bottom