• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

These 80s and 90s kids and their love for WWF.

JR Smith better not have a shirt on and have a bottle of henny in hand during the ceremony.

They'll probably throw a label on the Henny bottle that says "Lebron's secret stuff" in order to be TV friendly/not pay royalties to Hennessy

unless Nas got JR a Hennessy deal

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
So it's been revealed that Andrew Bogut has been following every major alt-right twitter account and is apparently one of those rabid anti-SJW people.

Last year, my obnoxious Warriors fan coworker used to talk non-stop about how great and amazing Bogut's twitter was, while I'd be totally zoning out.
He's the most annoying guy in the office and a low key Trump guy. It all makes sense now!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So it's been revealed that Andrew Bogut has been following every major alt-right twitter account and is apparently one of those rabid anti-SJW people.

Last year, my obnoxious Warriors fan coworker used to talk non-stop about how great and amazing Bogut's twitter was, while I'd be totally zoning out.
He's the most annoying guy in the office and a low key Trump guy. It all makes sense now!

u26xeiu.png

More reasons to hate the Warriors!

Good.

Fjordson

This was Bogut in 2013

"The public's image of NBA players is true," he says. "A lot of them get caught up in the hype and do video clips with rappers and all that crap. They want bling bling all over themselves and drive fast cars. But that's just the way the culture is in America - if you've got it flaunt it and if you don't, you can't."

Hmm.

More reasons to hate the Warriors!

Good.
He's a Maverick now.

Sandfox

Nobody claps at Kenny Smiths points. But once Jim Brown says dont kneel, its a standing ovation. Lol

*Live open court on TNT*
I stopped watching after they tried to shut Kenny down by saying everyone in the US understands that the country has issues and don't need be informed.

Mr.Sumal

I dunno, I feel like it's going to be a repeat of reliance on Kyle and Demar's heroics. The former moreso than the latter. I don't see us making the conference finals this year again.
I expect them to make it to the ecf again after all I don't expect Lowry and DD to shit the bed the first 2 rounds again. Because we lost Biyombo our defense will suffer and we will get swept by LeBron

I stopped watching after they tried to shut Kenny down by saying everyone in the US understands that the country has issues and don't need be informed.

Kenny almost lost it a couple times. But cheers to him.

Kenny is doing real work in his community, the others are providing lip service.

I'm tired of tv shows not forcing this issue down indifferent white people who are watching.

Everything doesn't need to have both sides.

Sandfox

Kenny is doing real work in his community, the others are providing lip service.

I'm tired of tv shows not forcing this issue down indifferent white people who are watching.

I think you need to show both sides to give a good argument, but that particular exchange was Illogical BS.

I think you need to show both sides to give a good argument, but that particular exchange was Illogical BS.

What kind of argument could PDs actually show that would justify the mistreatment of black communities.

A Ferguson PD officer cannot in good faith justify his precinct giving multiple tickets to almost every citizen, lol.

"Well, we had to. They black!"

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
NBA on TNT is the GOAT show.

Chuck just said Klay is better than Durant. And Steph is #5 in the world. Hahaha

ViciousDS

Banned

Exactly this isn't fucking south park where we have to appeal always to both sides. I'm a white dude and know it's a damn problem.....how the fuck has no one else woken up yet? ( Not saying some haven't..... but apparently it tries to get swept aside by almost every person on TV)

Shame on TNT for this.

I dont want to watch a back and forth.

Just call out racism, damn.

Its basically avoidance of actually doing something about the issue. I like how people keep saying we should have more dialogue what for this is not a new issue. Are you we gonna just keep talking while more people keep dying? Black people have been talking forever while the issues have been ignored.

Sandfox

What kind of argument could PDs actually show that would justify the mistreatment of black communities.

A Ferguson PD officer cannot in good faith justify his precinct giving multiple tickets to almost every citizen, lol.

"Well, we had to. They black!"
By that I meant we can't just act like all cops are the enemy. At the same time there are issues within the police community that obviously aren't being properly addressed, which TNT pretty much ignored.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Going to try to watch more basketball this year. I had a blast watching the playoffs last year. It's hard for me to care a lot about the slog of the regular season since we don't have a team in Cincy but I'm going to give it a real shot this year and try to watch as many Cavs games as I can since I'm in their media market. It helps that the Cavs are LeBron's team since I've been following him since high school.

By that I meant we can't just act like all cops are the enemy. At the same time there are issues within the police community that obviously aren't being properly addressed, which TNT pretty much ignored.

Lol this whole bs of trying to play both sides. This is not an issue with two sides. Its simple black people are asking just not to be killed or oppressed by police officers.

Lol this whole bs of trying to play both sides. This is not an issue with two sides. Its simple black people are asking just not to be killed or oppressed by police officers.

When the president is pussy footing on the issue, you realize how much influence these PDs have.

Policy Enforcers doing the lords work. Including racist behavior.

Spinluck

Injuring 2/3 and suspending other 1/3 of their only elite defenders with the MVP playing injured and Lebron playing like an absolute beast = it's possible to beat them. If there's no injuries, no one is stopping them. They're like the stupid version of a footy team I build on my 3rd year in manager mode.

Keep in mind the guy in the starting 5 that was completely open that shot 15% has been replaced by Kevin Durant.

oh

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Injuring 2/3 and suspending other 1/3 of their only elite defenders with the MVP playing injured and Lebron playing like an absolute beast = it's possible to beat them. If there's no injuries, no one is stopping them. They're like the stupid version of a footy team I build on my 3rd year in manager mode.

Keep in mind the guy in the starting 5 that was completely open that shot 15% has been replaced by Kevin Durant.
This is correct.

I love LeBron and I think he's the undisputed god. He fucking did something AMAZING last time. But that doesn't dispute the facts. It's not so much as an excuse as it is a reality. LeBron still deserves every bit of credit but the Warriors were hobbled, some things unlucky some things self-inflicted.

If the Warriors are healthy in the playoffs, no one, not even LeBron is stopping them.

Fjordson

Do people like Barkley because they laugh at him or...?
I think that's all it is at this point. Just to see what crazy shit he'll say I think. Because there isn't any actual analysis of worth coming from Charles Barkley.

I think that's true with most guys on TV though, especially former players. They're way off base 95% of the time. Best bball analysis these days is on twitter / certain sites like Nylon Calculus or certain writers like Zach Lowe.

Top Bottom