• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward ("Good People Die") - US 3DS/Vita release, fall

creid

Is there a good, thorough recap of 999 somewhere online? I really want to refresh myself on the story before VLR hits, and probably won't have time for a replay before then.

Is there a good, thorough recap of 999 somewhere online? I really want to refresh myself on the story before VLR hits, and probably won't have time for a replay before then.

It ships on 10/23 in the US :)

US PSN version also will be available on PSN on 10/23 as well.

ah... thanks

So that gives me a week to finish Ragnarok Odyssey, then move to VLR then AssCreed Lib.

I feel like thats not going to happen and my backlog will forever pile up

Amazon.co.uk lists release date and cover art for the PAL edition!
The release date is reported to be 16th November for both platforms.
Let's hope it's accurate and not just a placeholer!

Matches Tesco's guess, so I'm going to assume it's accurate for now.

Incidentally, Amazon UK's quick to pick up the 999 box art change, especially considering it was never released in the UK (although the featured retailer is from the US, which probably has something to do with it. Also makes the £4 postage look fairly reasonable).

UberTag

Finishing off my first-ever 999 playthrough this evening (just reached the Study) just in time for the VLR demo tomorrow. Can't wait to have my mind blown.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Finishing off my first-ever 999 playthrough this evening (just reached the Study) just in time for the VLR demo tomorrow. Can't wait to have my mind blown.

I'm hyped for you :D! I hope you have a blast all the way to the very end!

Also, I'm excited to see what people think of the Vita demo. Hopefully they'll like how it looks, sounds, and plays on it :3!

Why's the demo have to be PSN only, geez. I've never wanted a vita, but I wish I had access to one for a day just to play this.

We definitely pulled out all the stops to get both out, but alas, we won't be able to release it until a later time farther in the future :(

Well, it finally popped on ebgames canada's preorder list. It sucks I couldn't pre-order it for the watch, but not much one can do there.

GSR

It ships on 10/23 in the US :)

US PSN version also will be available on PSN on 10/23 as well.

The 23rd? That's weird, Amazon says the 24th and that I'll get my copy the 26th with one-day shipping. Well, I am getting the watch as far as I know, so I can't really complain, haha.

I'll just have to dodge any VLRey parts of the internet for a few extra days.

Rootbeer

Banned
I will be checking out the demo... never played this series, i tried looking up gameplay videos for the new vita version and i'm still confused and have no idea just what this plays like.

upandaway

Do you guys figure that VLR will be hard to find later on, or will it be a 999 situation? I don't really want to push my luck but I don't wanna get a copy when I don't even have a 3DS yet and no time to play.

UberTag

I'm hyped for you :D! I hope you have a blast all the way to the very end!
Consider my mind officially blown to smithereens. What a ride! Just finished perusing the entire Answers section of the 999 site to fill in some bits & pieces along with scoping out some VLR trailers on YouTube.

Very curious to see how this larger plan of Akane (June/Zero) & Aoi (Santa) manifests itself in this sequel based on Kotaro's hints. Definitely need more of those Kurashiki siblings. Loved the answer he provided on the safe/coffin combination being the true bracelet sequence of Nonary Game #2 divided by nine. Great stuff!

Also, I'm excited to see what people think of the Vita demo. Hopefully they'll like how it looks, sounds, and plays on it :3!
Will be diving in as soon as I get home from work this evening. Hopefully Grace Chen doesn't keep us waiting long.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Consider my mind officially blown to smithereens. What a ride! Just finished perusing the entire Answers section of the 999 site to fill in some bits & pieces along with scoping out some VLR trailers on YouTube.

Very curious to see how this larger plan of Akane (June/Zero) & Santa manifests itself in this sequel based on Kotaro's hints. Loved the answer he provided on the safe/coffin combination being the true bracelet sequence of Nonary Game #2 divided by nine. Great stuff!

Will be diving in as soon as I get home from work this evening. Hopefully Grace Chen doesn't keep us waiting long.

I'm glad you enjoyed the ride that is Zero Escape: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors :D

Hope you love the Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward demo later tonight ;)

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, I didn't know about that answers section. Interesting stuff. Now that I'm reading it though I feel like I need a synopsis of 999 again since I haven't played it in so long and can't remember all the details they're talking about here :/

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
From 999 Q&A
Since Junpei saved Akane in the alternate timeline, will Junpei find the adult Akane somewhere in the present after the Nevada scene? I would love for them have a reunion in the timeline that we experienced. They are such a cute couple and I was so sad that Junpei couldn't find her after they escaped.

I apologize for saddening you. Given Akane's circumstances, she had no other choice.

Noooooooooooooooo :(

Lusankya

No answer from Rising Star about the EU voice tracks, I'll ask again tomorrow.
Via Facebook:

Rising Star Games "We are working toward releasing Virtue's Last Reward mid November if things go to schedule. Our version is going to be English subtitles with Japanese voices.
-Samuel"

So no English voices for the EU version.

StuBurns

Banned
Via Facebook:

Rising Star Games "We are working toward releasing Virtue's Last Reward mid November if things go to schedule. Our version is going to be English subtitles with Japanese voices.
-Samuel"

What the fuck is this.

Eusis

That's the opposite of what I usually expect to happen. I might stick with Japanese, but neither will get rid of that VN weirdness of the main character going unvoiced. Bugs me way more in this than the likes of Bethesda games and DA:O, you actually MAKE a character in those, and in the case of Bethesda games it's kind of vain to try getting absorbed in a story, but your character has a set name, appearance, and personality, so him not talking to be a "player avatar" is awkward. Ah well, I guess I'll get used to it unless there's an option to turn VA off AND I don't like either voice track for whatever reason.

Via Facebook:

-Samuel"

What the hell? Maybe it's too much trouble licensing the American voices for use in Europe?

Bricky

Via Facebook:

-Samuel"

This has to be a joke, right?

FFS

Top Bottom