• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think around 15 minutes we'll be getting something. If not well my F5 key is gonna take a pounding today.

Also this sounds weird but when they add in the option for player 2 to rematch/go to character select, I'm gonna miss the thumbs up at tournaments. Added a friendly element to the proceedings that you don't normally see.

RE: Juri, as someone who wanted to main her when she came out, nothing disappointed me more than seeing the sheer mountains of an uphill battle almost every match up was.

Yeah, I dropped her, jumped on Urien.

"No it was b+HK, so you can't keep charge anymore."

Alternative interpretation: Now you can keep headbutt and knee drop charge while moving forward and now you can more reliably anti-air with s.hk while in mid-range since you won't mistime returning to neutral.

I think it's a buff overall.

Mœbius

I'm happy with the Urien step kick input change TBH as it should hopefully mean getting the standard kick anti air more consistently when backing up. Don't really lose too much in terms of no charge on the step kick since (for me at least) I usually only go into VT from it or follow-up the knockdown.

"No it was b+HK, so you can't keep charge anymore."

Alternative interpretation: Now you can keep headbutt and knee drop charge while moving forward and now you can more reliably anti-air with s.hk while in mid-range since you won't mistime returning to neutral.

I think it's a buff overall.
You're right, it definitely ups his ground game and his AA game just a tad. Small but useful change.

Also, Akuma can combo his taunt into CA. This is some EVO winning tech right here.

AWW YEAH gonna dive into it.

Aw damn it there's nothing here.

At least we're definitely getting a changelog before the 20th Dec update then.
Although I can’t get into all the specific change details just yet, as that’s subject to our comprehensive 2017 season changelog post due in the coming weeks, below are 3 areas we’re focusing on to give you a better idea of where we will address character similarities

IgMyx.gif

SSReborn

Coming weeks? I thought we were getting the changes today?
They said they would give us a sneak peak of the changes. Everyone was talking like it was patch notes though. I knew it wouldn't be the notes themselves, but I expected more to the "sneak peak" to be honest.

Producer

Well at least we know anti air jabs will get nerfed, and the ex dp change will stay. Also no oki off throws at least at mid screen, fuck you Necalli!

That throw oki nerf is ...... actually a nerf to FANG too.

But it's ok cause now his V-skill is gonna cause instant death on contact!!

Moaradin

We're getting patch notes before the patch comes out. There's no problem.

Just hearing confirmation that they're nerfing anti air jabs is good enough for me.

Yet EVERYONE understood they were releasing full/partial patch notes? Yeah, we don't deserve them. Their wording is so ahead of us!

They said that they'll announce a sneak peak at the changes for the next season. Now admittedly people got a little carried away but that was a little too sneaky for my taste.

molnizzle

Damn, was just coming back to this thread to ask if there was any word on the balance patch now that Capcom Cup is over. Someone fill me in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom