• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Vaulted relics are so confusing. The wiki says Carrier Prime and all the relics containing it are "vaulted" but I've managed to find 3/4 parts to make it, so it has to be available in some way right? All I need is the Systems and I can't figure out which of the dozen vaulted relics it's in are actually available in-game to shoot for.

Vaulted relics are so confusing. The wiki says Carrier Prime and all the relics containing it are "vaulted" but I've managed to find 3/4 parts to make it, so it has to be available in some way right? All I need is the Systems and I can't figure out which of the dozen vaulted relics it's in are actually available in-game to shoot for.

Once you have the relics it can still be used even if the item has gone in the vault.

So basically its the other members you are running with are using their relics that contain its pieces either because they want to get the pieces or they want something else.

VandalD

Did somebody say alloy plate?

Oh neat, small update today with a new weapon.

Jat Kusar in the chem lab.

WQzXCGb.jpg

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
SO I appear to have frames and weapons that have double mod capacity for some reason. I do not remember ever applying a catalyst or reactor. Is there an explanation for this?

VandalD

SO I appear to have frames and weapons that have double mod capacity for some reason. I do not remember ever applying a catalyst or reactor. Is there an explanation for this?
Any weapon or frame you don't craft and that is given to you directly will be boosted like that. So Frost Prime from Twitch Prime, any quest that awarded a weapon instead of the weapon's blueprint, stuff like that.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Finally got a discount for my daily login!

20% :(

So, I got a 20% off platinum discount for my daily reward...

Remind me what I should be using my Platinum on again?

Also, I can't craft any more weapons because I don't have enough slots... What do?

Buy weapon and warframe slots.

Catalysts and reactors are probably #2.

Should I always keep every weapon that I level to 30 for MR or can I get rid of ones that I don't like or use to free up space?

How much should I actually put into slots if I don't want to spend too much? Is there no getting around spending money on them?

So, I got a 20% off platinum discount for my daily reward...

Remind me what I should be using my Platinum on again?

Also, I can't craft any more weapons because I don't have enough slots... What do?

You just answered your own question actually :p

Buy slots as they increase your inventory capacity and are cheap (20 plat for a warframe slot and 12 plat for 2 weapon slots) compared to other things you can buy in this game but are not as important.

i would personally wait for a bigger discount and remove the maxed out weapons you don't care for and not a prime tbh but that's just me.

Or at least remove the weapons you know you can craft again at a later date.

Should I always keep every weapon that I level to 30 for MR or can I get rid of ones that I don't like or use to free up space?

How much should I actually put into slots if I don't want to spend too much? Is there no getting around spending money on them?

Use all of them and get to 30 then remove the ones you don't like. If you have any prime version then keep for now.

As i said above the prices are cheap compared to the other things that can be bought so you can use that to determine how much you want get. What you can also do is set a limit of weapons/frames you would want to keep and aim for that right now.

You can only buy them with plat so the main way to get around spending money is actually selling items to other players for platinum, then using that to purchase them. Just need to have items to sell and customers willing to buy

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So I have been having some good success with my Rhino warframe, and apparently the Prime version is going to be "vaulted" in the next few days? So I won't be able to get it at all?

LiQuid!

So I have been having some good success with my Rhino warframe, and apparently the Prime version is going to be "vaulted" in the next few days? So I won't be able to get it at all?

You won't be able to farm it yourself without spending plat on relics or the parts themselves after it's vaulted, but they will still be in game from other people. Expensively, likely. They're worth 300ish plat now while it's still being farmed. Once that's over the price will go up for sure.

Correct.

Actually it was already vaulted earlier in the year but was "unsealed" and will go back in the vault soon.

If you have acquired the relics with his pieces you keep them after it goes back in the vault and can run them to try and get the pieces.

You have other players who will either be doing the same thing (either for acquiring the frame for themselves to use or getting one or more "full sets" so they can sell) or selling the relics to other players for platinum

Any relics with his parts you get now will still be usable in the future, they just go out of rotation for the next set of relics.

Speaking of which this reminds me that it's my last chance to get Targis Prime for a while... To spend fifty bucks or let it slip away another year?

Any relics with his parts you get now will still be usable in the future, they just go out of rotation for the next set of relics.

Speaking of which this reminds me that it's my last chance to get Targis Prime for a while... To spend fifty bucks or let it slip away another year?

This Unsealed thing and charging you is some bullshit but hey

PatzCU

How often do they vault frames and weapons? I feel like I'll never be able to farm the relics needed to build prime weapons/frames before they are vaulted. I see that Rhino was out of the vault for a month but is there anything that isn't on a strictly 1 month rotation?

You just answered your own question actually :p

Buy slots as they increase your inventory capacity and are cheap (20 plat for a warframe slot and 12 plat for 2 weapon slots) compared to other things you can buy in this game but are not as important.

i would personally wait for a bigger discount and remove the maxed out weapons you don't care for and not a prime tbh but that's just me.

Or at least remove the weapons you know you can craft again at a later date.

Use all of them and get to 30 then remove the ones you don't like. If you have any prime version then keep for now.

As i said above the prices are cheap compared to the other things that can be bought so you can use that to determine how much you want get. What you can also do is set a limit of weapons/frames you would want to keep and aim for that right now.

You can only buy them with plat so the main way to get around spending money is actually selling items to other players for platinum, then using that to purchase them. Just need to have items to sell and customers willing to buy

Thanks man, this helps a lot.

LiQuid!

My friend is looking for a Mag Prime system which drops in those Axi R1's and I refuse to let him open them for commons. Feel bad for him but he's just going to have to live without it.

Shout out to Noisy Ninj4 (and his girlfriend) for all the good runs he's helped me with immensely so far .

Finally got some really good frames going. Ivara for Spy. Frost P for Defense and finally got the one frame I really wanted today Valkyr Prime and yea hes a blast! Working on making the Mios in the lab now and can't wait to see what hes like with it. Still need that Rhino P BP should probably get on it since prices are already going way up.

LiQuid!

I was running spy missions on Jupiter for like 3 hours trying to get the Ivara part from there. Public MM was on but it was almost all solo except for a few in a dude joined me and wordlessly, we just kind of stuck together and repeated that same mission for like 2 hours. He eventually gave up and I got kind of sad about it but then I felt even worse when 2 runs later I finally got the Ivara piece to drop.

I'm after some Mutalist Nav coordinates but I have a question.

Seems like Defense gives me the best chance at a Nav drop but the wiki says it happens on the B rotation.
Apparently rotations go AABC, am I correct in thinking I have to defend for 15 waves to get to B rotation and get a chance at a Nav drop?

I'm after some Mutalist Nav coordinates but I have a question.

Seems like Defense gives me the best chance at a Nav drop but the wiki says it happens on the B rotation.
Apparently rotations go AABC, am I correct in thinking I have to defend for 15 waves to get to B rotation and get a chance at a Nav drop?

Yes. Get to 15, leave, repeat. Tbf they realy should revise rotation patterns, makes no sense that you dont get, say, ABCBC after 20.

Thanks man, this helps a lot.

No Problem.

This game while cool can be daunting with the things you can do and the tricks you can learn and employ.

Shout out to Noisy Ninj4 (and his girlfriend) for all the good runs he's helped me with immensely so far .

Finally got some really good frames going. Ivara for Spy. Frost P for Defense and finally got the one frame I really wanted today Valkyr Prime and yea hes a blast! Working on making the Mios in the lab now and can't wait to see what hes like with it. Still need that Rhino P BP should probably get on it since prices are already going way up.

Congrats

And Its a girl :D

Yea shes pretty cool but its been a while since I've done some missions with her.

How often do they vault frames and weapons? I feel like I'll never be able to farm the relics needed to build prime weapons/frames before they are vaulted. I see that Rhino was out of the vault for a month but is there anything that isn't on a strictly 1 month rotation?

They vault every time they introduce a new prime warframe and that has been around every 3 months iirc. So as the next prime (which is Hydroid Prime) looms closer they will announce that a previous prime frame and their associated equipment is going into the vault.

The frames vaulted are based on their release order so with Hydroid Prime coming Trinity Prime should be the one that's going into the vault since the others before are already in.

It gets weirder with the whole "unsealing" stuff since its like a mini prime access where you have the chance to buy the frame and their items but also getting the relics to either use or sell. I'm unclear if the unsealed time-frame is consistent since they have done some changes (first they would unseal one frame but recently they have been unsealing 2 frames)

i mean
nearly all of us did the second dream. we know there's
no more gender to be assigned to an empty husk of chitinous spaceleathermetal than there is to your computer.

wrongway

Lol, I got a 20% discount yesterday too. Better than nothing I guess; just plunked down a little $15 so I could be more comfortable on the slot front.

Almost done with all my little Mk1 weapons, just down to the fist weapon now. Got going on the Syndicate stuff too, and man, the kill teams that enemy syndicates send after you are nasty (at my level?). One in particular sends these deathballs of the big Lovecraftian infested my way, and it's always when I'm just chilling out, leveling up some weapons. So far I haven't been able to clear them all since I just run out of ammo. At least they're easy to run from :D

Lol, I got a 20% discount yesterday too. Better than nothing I guess; just plunked down a little $15 so I could be more comfortable on the slot front.

Almost done with all my little Mk1 weapons, just down to the fist weapon now. Got going on the Syndicate stuff too, and man, the kill teams that enemy syndicates send after you are nasty (at my level?). One in particular sends these deathballs of the big Lovecraftian infested my way, and it's always when I'm just chilling out, leveling up some weapons. So far I haven't been able to clear them all since I just run out of ammo. At least they're easy to run from :D

Hahaha nice.

They are in preparation for the main course though so use them to improve :p

i mean
nearly all of us did the second dream. we know there's
no more gender to be assigned to an empty husk of chitinous spaceleathermetal than there is to your computer.

Maybe but i still refer to them what they originally are, plus its in line with the lore which includes Ballas' nuggets for the newest primes (even if hes a POS).

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Yea those syndicate hit squads are no joke. One of them spawned in an extermination mission and I had to abandon because I just couldn't kill them lol

I forgot just how fun this game is. Movement has definitely improved since I last played.

Love my Ember Prime, she totally melts face.

The visuals are vastly improved too, although I still get quite bad slowdown when grouped with 4 players on the original PS4. Does the game run better on PRO when it starts getting busy? If so that could push me over the edge to buy one.

Also, is there a clan to join? I was in it before but obviously got removed due major inactivity! Would appreciate an invite if there's space! PSN is Souldestroyer199

Rafy

Ok, does anyone have any clue on how to get split chamber? I've been after that mod for months (before I quit the game). If I remember correctly it used to drop from T3 defense missions but I don't think I have unlocked those planets yet.

Anyone got some links for weapon damage tables etc?

Back when I played before it was the Bows/Ignis/Dual Fangs that were beastly.

Much changed since? I know Damage 2.0 shook things up a bit with combining damage types etc but the stuff i've got is from way back when it was released.

Anyone got some links for weapon damage tables etc?

Back when I played before it was the Bows/Ignis/Dual Fangs that were beastly.

Much changed since? I know Damage 2.0 shook things up a bit with combining damage types etc but the stuff i've got is from way back when it was released.

This is the table for damage types and weaknesses. If you're looking for specific weapon damage, I'm not sure where you'd find it, there are a LOT of weapons.

Current melee meta is stuff with good spin attack damage, high critical chance/damage, and good status chance. In particular, slash status effects ignore armor and will be increased in effectiveness if they occur with a critical hit. Corrosive status is also good because armor effectiveness on enemies scales with level.

Dual dangs are... not so good. Ignis got an improved version, and bows are alright but kinda slow. The best primary weapons are shotguns right now.

LiQuid!

Got mine building too. Should be ready tomorrow.

Finally.

Awesome! I dunno if I want to build it or hold it and sell it later. I'm leaning build since I intend to whale on this game anyways when I get a discount, but man a few hundred plat would be real nice.

What do y'all consider the best colour palette? The Tenno one is nice and versatile, but I find myself lacking a lot of shades to make cool looking Warframes.

I'm considering one of the Lotus, or maybe Twilight or Clan(?) ones because I like the colours in those packs.

Awesome! I dunno if I want to build it or hold it and sell it later. I'm leaning build since I intend to whale on this game anyways when I get a discount, but man a few hundred plat would be real nice.

Try to get another set, you still have time :p

What do y'all consider the best colour palette? The Tenno one is nice and versatile, but I find myself lacking a lot of shades to make cool looking Warframes.

I'm considering one of the Lotus, or maybe Twilight or Clan(?) ones because I like the colours in those packs.

I've heard multiple people liking smoke

Twilight for the purples, Color Saturated for general nice colors, and Smoke for all white to black needs.

Alpha pack and beta pack are good buys. Both packs save a decent amount of platinum from buying individual palettes.
Alpha has nice muted to moderate colors that work well on both soft and metallic surfaces. Beta has very bold color palettes including smoke and infested. It also includes grineer colors, which have a variety of good metallics including fancy gold colors for prime equipment trimmings.

Baro also sells a couple palettes, so keep an eye out for them.

#fashionframeisendgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom