• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

blazeuk

Fuck me, i did the same for 2 days. Really wanted to get in on it. I signed up to get notified too and didn't get na e-mail. :(
How much was it?

£54.95. The email notification clearly doesn't work, at least for preorders anyway as I didn't get anything letting me know either. Did manage to preorder though since i've been refreshing all morning.

£54.95. The email notification clearly doesn't work, at least for preorders anyway as I didn't get anything letting me know either. Did manage to preorder though since i've been refreshing all morning.

Gah, so cheap too! >.<
I still have the German one pre-ordered, but that one will cost me about 20&#8364; more and on top of it has the ugly humongous German ratings logo on the box and game case. Fucking amazon, i wouldn't be so mad if i hadn't spent most of the last two days with the product page open, constantly refreshing and then it goes up just in the short time frame when i was busy with something else.

Edit: I checked their shipping costs and with shipping it would actually be just 12&#8364; cheaper than the German one, since i can get that one shipped for free to a friend's address. that isn't really the world, still annoying though that i have to pay more for the uglier box. At least i get the amazon DLC familiars, grumble.

WE update, the charge on my card dropped off my pending charges. Good times....

Oh shit, me too WTF! I preordered this in August last year! They put a hold on my card then, and i assumed this one was the actual charge.... WTF is going on?? I'm calling them, screw this.

Edit: I checked their shipping costs and with shipping it would actually be just 12€ cheaper than the German one, since i can get that one shipped for free to a friend's address. that isn't really the world, still annoying though that i have to pay more for the uglier box. At least i get the amazon DLC familiars, grumble.
UK one will still have ugly rating XD, it is the EU's collectors edition. Well you at least get the familiars.

UK one will still have ugly rating XD, it is the EU's collectors edition. Well you at least get the familiars.

Yeah, but it's way easier on the eyes. The German WE box is localized and has their own ratings logo on it, which is green and 3 times the size of the Pegi logo, which will be on the UK cases.

VS.

Normally i don't care, but on really nice looking sets like this one it bothers me all the more. It would be nice if the logo on the box was just a sticker, but i doubt it. I guess i'll get over it after a while, the most important things to me are the game itself and the book.

Peagles

Hmm, Shop To reinstated my WE order but with a warning that courier costs may be high.

£53.62 for Economy Courier, to be exact, ouch! Probly gonna cancel it then...

So it was up for 30 minutes or so.

How is it with Amazon, do they ever fuck up and email you that they accidentally sold too many and have to cancel the order?

Amazon will always email you at some point if they have no stock to cover orders.

Actually, today they are sending out emails for Hyrule Historia Limited Collector's Edition books to tell people they messed up

What a strange journey.

Called DR again today and they informed me that my order had indeed been cancelled completely both in their system and online for authentication issues. That being the case she explained she would be able to re-instate the order due to my past issues and thats exactly what happened.

She reinstated in, placed the order again and bam. Card was charged, confirmation email was sent immediately and now I just wait.

This game had better be worth it.

Rukes

The front page still gets no respect
Same here, called Digital River and they re-ordered the collector's edition for me through Namco!

LiK

What a strange journey.

Called DR again today and they informed me that my order had indeed been cancelled completely both in their system and online for authentication issues. That being the case she explained she would be able to re-instate the order due to my past issues and thats exactly what happened.

She reinstated in, placed the order again and bam. Card was charged, confirmation email was sent immediately and now I just wait.

The fuck? It was canceled?

Takuya

Banned
What a strange journey.

Curious, what method of payment did you choose?

charge still pending on my credit card..

Using the item in the shopping cart trick, I see that I am at "Order in Process"

Hopefully they ship it out sometime this week.. preferably today.. though I will continue to hope that they shipped it already but didn't update the status

Feeling less guilty about buying a copy locally yesterday at this point.

ryushe

Called CS just to make sure my order wasn't canceled and the lady I spoke with confirmed that my order is ready to ship. Now I can breath, haha.

Sushigod7

What a strange journey.

That's great they were able to do that at least. Certainly a mess on all accounts hopefully everyone's games shipped yesterday or are today so we aren't waiting a lot longer.

Pretty much hoping to god that they shipped yesterday and that I will get it today (I got the overnight shipping), I told myself I wouldn't deal with a company using Digital River again after the Marvel vs Capcom 3 Special Edition fiasco, but I wanted the Wizard's Edition too much. Now it is the same shit that happened then. Hopefully it doesn't show up a week after release like MvC did.

Pretty much hoping to god that they shipped yesterday and that I will get it today (I got the overnight shipping), I told myself I wouldn't deal with a company using Digital River again after the Marvel vs Capcom 3 Special Edition fiasco, but I wanted the Wizard's Edition too much. Now it is the same shit that happened then. Hopefully it doesn't show up a week after release like MvC did.

If it ends up taking more then a day or two I will be pretty upset considering the reason I paid for the most exspensive shipping was so I wouldn't have to deal with waiting on a package to arrive.

Not that there is much I could do with the anger since I was going to order the damn wizards edition regardless of how inconvenient it was going to be.

If it ends up taking more then a day or two I will be pretty upset considering the reason I paid for the most exspensive shipping was so I wouldn't have to deal with waiting on a package to arrive.

Not that there is much I could do with the anger since I was going to order the damn wizards edition regardless of how inconvenient it was going to be.

Yeah, depending on how long it takes to show up I will definitely be making a stink with Digital River's customer service to try and get the shipping refunded.

what a funny site

HdhzRlC.png

SeX56628.png

wow you guys need to CHILLAX.

when we ordered on the 17th, what did it say? Orders won't ship until AFTER 22nd. you guys have been whining about it for the past couple of days about how your CCs aren't being charged, etc. now come release date and your CCs get charged, and now you're whining about not getting it when they CLEARLY said they won't ship until TODAY?

as far as i'm concerned, Digital River has been right on time. what's with all the complaining about not getting it on release date (or god forbid, even earlier!) when they clearly said you won't get it until after the release date? goodness.

they said will start shipping on the 23rd (TODAY), and for those who picked overnight shipping, you'll get it BY TOMORROW. that's what it's supposed to be. what the hell are you complaining about? complain if the shipment doesn't come by tomorrow.

Sushigod7

when we ordered on the 17th, what did it say? Orders won't ship until AFTER 22nd. you guys have been whining about it for the past couple of days about how your CCs aren't being charged, etc. now come release date and your CCs get charged, and now you're whining about not getting it when they CLEARLY said they won't ship until TODAY?

as far as i'm concerned, Digital River has been right on time. what's with all the complaining about not getting it on release date (or god forbid, even earlier!) when they clearly said you won't get it until after the release date? goodness.

they said will start shipping on the 23rd (TODAY), and for those who picked overnight shipping, you'll get it BY TOMORROW. that's what it's supposed to be. what the hell are you complaining about? complain if the shipment doesn't come by tomorrow.

lol agreed

TentPole

Your mellow attitude has been noted. Now stop telling people to stop complaining over shitty service. DR does in fact have really shitty service and deserves to be called out on it.

Just because someone tells me beforehand that they are going to fuck me after I payed a premium price for 1-day shipping does not make it okay. I may have to take it, but I sure as hell don't have to take it with a smile.

LiK

Your mellow attitude has been noted. Now stop telling people to stop complaining over shitty service. DR does in fact have really shitty service and deserves to be called out on it.

Just because someone tells me beforehand that they are going to fuck me after I payed a premium price for 1-day shipping does not make it okay. I may have to take it, but I sure as hell don't have to take it with a smile.

I have to agree. If people wanna complain, let them. Tell us to relax when you receive your order.

Do you work for digital river or something? Your use of the word chillax in normal talk is delayed about as badly as there shipping, only years late.

On a slightly more serious note, when I paid extra money for next day shipping they weren't stopping me saying it will be the next day after we decide to send it and not the release date, are you sure you want to choose this setting? If I pay extra money for a service of course I expect for that service to be upheld.

The fact that they tucked a small line of text away on there awful site stating that it would ship sometime after the 22nd doesn't make them exempt from criticism particularly when there is bound to be plenty of people who don't see said text. I am an impatient person who paid extra to have them accomodate said impatience.

Cheska

Are the people who are getting they're orders cancelled ones who paid with a credit card/debit card? I paid with Paypal and payment was already finalized when I placed the order so I'm hoping no issues arise.

khaaan

I gave my credit card company a call and they said that a charge by Digital River was made last night and that it just hasn't shown up on my online account yet. If you haven't seen a charge yet or gotten a confirmation email, giving your CC company could at the very least let you know a charge has been made. I also hear from some people that their CC company filed the charge as a scam, so just making sure that isn't the case isn't a bad idea either.

Top Bottom