• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White PS4 September 9th Destiny bundle

It looks beautiful in that photo, but I feel like I might be making a mistake getting this, since every single thing on my TV cabinet is black. It's possibly going to look ridiculous and stick out like a sore thumb.

Nah, pops of color go a long way man. Spice that shit up :)

Silly question. I have this pre-ordered. Any chance GameStop will let me take out the copy of destiny and trade it towards the system?

El-Suave

Don't know if that info is already in here, but today I learned from a Youtube interview of Yoshida at E3 that Sony is going to sell the white PS4 in Europe without Destiny after the bundle has hit. Maybe that'll help those who don't want the game or avoid Gamestop (the bundle is a GS exclusive in Germany).
http://youtu.be/kWhpRnTvrio
6:40 min into the video.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Seriously considering getting this. I talked to the wife and asked her to try the beta. If she likes it, I'll get a second PS4 so we can co-op.

thenexus6

tumblr_m70fqcaAOJ1qb8d0uo1_1280.jpg

So much want.. i'd like a DS4 completely white not with the black touchpad.

A PS4 limited edition in this grey would be so awesome too

images

Silly question. I have this pre-ordered. Any chance GameStop will let me take out the copy of destiny and trade it towards the system?

um, no... It's apart of the bundle. That would be like taking out the controller and turning it around to trade it towards the rest of the system :)
Hell, was the game gonna even by physical in the bundle?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

lol this is funny. anyways, why would you want to do this even if its possible. You won't get proper value of the game if you trade it in at Gamestop. You should sell it on kijiji or craigslist.

and another issue, I doubt the game will be physical copy. It will most likely be digital code.

lol this is funny. anyways, why would you want to do this even if its possible. You won't get proper value of the game if you trade it in at Gamestop. You should sell it on kijiji or craigslist.

and another issue, I doubt the game will be physical copy. It will most likely be digital code.

Which is cool as well. One of those titles you'd just want on the HDD at all times ala FFXIV

The White PS4 Destiny bundle is popping up all over Europe today, but only as exclusive deals:

GAME (UK)
Gamestop (DE)

I wanted it at first, but now that you can only get it through certain shops, I'll hold out and wait for it to (hopefully) appear as standalone product later.

There should be some way for us white-PS4-bundle folks to upgrade to the Digital Guardian Edition.

I could buy the expansion pass for $35 but I wouldn't get the digital collector's edition goodies....hmmm how much do you think Gamestop would give me for the copy of Destiny that comes with this?

fuzzyset

Most of the times when games are bundled, the game isn't the normal retail version. The case usually has a "not for resale" disclaimer on it. So, probably not. Do we even know if it's a physical copy?

Hawk269

Not a chance pal. No way they would let you do that. Perhaps, buy the system and then trade the game in for credit/season pass or something.

njean777

Most of the times when games are bundled, the game isn't the normal retail version. The case usually has a "not for resale" disclaimer on it. So, probably not. Do we even know if it's a physical copy?

Like Gamestop gives a damn about that. I have seen plenty of "not for resale" copies of TLOU and other bundled games on their shelves.

I wish they gave a little extra for the destiny bundle mine is almost paid off so not going to cancel but still something exclusive would have been nice

chrono01

I want the Destiny PS4 bundle [for that white PS4], but would prefer the Limited Edition version of the game [for all of the additional content]. It' a bit surprising to not see the Limited Edition [even the digital one] being bundled with this console. :/

I'm not sure whether to wait and see if the white PS4 is made available later on [although there's no telling how long that will take...] or buy the bundle, pre-order the Limited Edition version of Destiny, and try to sell the digital code for the regular version.

I want the Destiny PS4 bundle [for that white PS4], but would prefer the Limited Edition version of the game [for all of the additional content]. It' a bit surprising to not see the Limited Edition [even the digital one] being bundled with this console. :/

I'm not sure whether to wait and see if the white PS4 is made available later on [although there's no telling how long that will take...] or buy the bundle, pre-order the Limited Edition version of Destiny, and try to sell the digital code for the regular version.

I'm in the same boat. However, the limited edition is now sold out so the decision is made easy. If you happen to find an LE, try selling your bundled Destiny copy in the buy/sell/trade thread here on GAF.

Another issue, however, if you haven't noticed already, is that the "Vanguard" pre-order bonus content is not being included with the white PS4 Destiny bundle...which is bullshit.

kidko

I'm in the same boat. However, the limited edition is now sold out so the decision is made easy. If you happen to find an LE, try selling your bundled Destiny copy in the buy/sell/trade thread here on GAF.

Another issue, however, if you haven't noticed already, is that the "Vanguard" pre-order bonus content is not being included with the white PS4 Destiny bundle...which is bullshit.

That's weak. Where did you see that?

That's weak. Where did you see that?

Amazon and Gamestop product pages. I've tried notifying some of the Bungie community managers but it's hard to get their attention. Haven't received any replies.

I've also created several cases with Amazon but they keep incorrectly assuming I need a beta code. It's super frustrating. Probably just an oversight, but I don't know if anyone realizes it yet.

Few weeks ago I traded in my PS4 towards the bundle, which was $397 in trade credit at GameStop. Cancelled my pre-order today, turned around and used all the credit for Amazon Gift Cards. Pre-ordered the system on Amazon instead. Yaaaay.

kidko

Amazon and Gamestop product pages. I've tried notifying some of the Bungie community managers but it's hard to get their attention. Haven't received any replies.

I've also created several cases with Amazon but they keep incorrectly assuming I need a beta code. It's super frustrating. Probably just an oversight, but I don't know if anyone realizes it yet.

Yeah, they've been real mum about it. I'm guessing Bungie didn't have much involvement with this bundle. Sony maybe just sprung it on them.

I'm dreaming that they'll come back and say oh btw, thanks for your patience, we've created this exclusive all-white armor for you!

I don't see why they wouldn't make the bundle have all the dlc or more.

Make it extra tempting to buy?

yeah, kind of feeling shafted but the white hardware is so sexy...it just sucks that I'm also a big fan of Destiny and would have wanted all the extra goodies.

So today, I just pre-ordered the white ps4 bundle, but I like having physical copies of games for various reasons. Does anyone know if this bundle will include the physical copy or a digital download?

So today, I just pre-ordered the white ps4 bundle, but I like having physical copies of games for various reasons. Does anyone know if this bundle will include the physical copy or a digital download?
Physical. The only unknown is whether we'll get an actual plastic case or a cardboard slip.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member

That's the million dollar question that nobody seems to have the answer to. I've even tweeted Sony and Activistion about it, just on the off chance they'd provide some insight (not yet).

chrono01

Yeah, I pre-ordered the bundle. It would be nice to see it getting some form of DLC, maybe something exclusive to the bundle, but either way I'll be happy with the console + game.

I'm glad to hear that the bundle comes with the Vanguard pre-order bonus, at least for those in the US. Amazon.ca still has no mention of it. :/

lindseybp

Japanese Destiny PS4 white bundle has the Destiny logo on the PS4. What gives Sony....why not do the same for the US bundles?

they'll probably make you open it before giving out the trade in value

Japanese Destiny PS4 white bundle has the Destiny logo on the PS4. What gives Sony....why not do the same for the US bundles?

custom HDD covers seem like a no-brainer. on the other hand the 360 ones flopped pretty hard.

FStop7

Banned

You could probably get a decal made easily enough.

That said, the white PS4 looks a lot better without the graphic, IMO.

mollipen

You want to sit there on release day like an idiot waiting for your console to download 50 gigs?

Why would that be a big deal? Not everyone is of the mindset that they absolutely have to play a game the first second it's possible to, or else they're going to die. I'd personally much rather have a digital code, as I'd actually use that. As it is, I'm going to have to find a way to sell my disc to someone else, so that I can switch over to the digital version.

furious

Banned

um, no... It's apart of the bundle. That would be like taking out the controller and turning it around to trade it towards the rest of the system :)
Hell, was the game gonna even by physical in the bundle?

I've done this a few times at EB Games (AUS). For example, I ordered the limited edition Halo as well as the Halo Console bundle. I didn't need/want that many copies of the games, and wanted to trade one back.

They have let me do it. It was definitely a trade, not a refund.

EDIT: To clarify, I traded the (physical) game in the bundle against the bundle itself.

Top Bottom