• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limbo of the Lost stole from Oblivion, Morrowind, UT2K4, Diablo, Silent Hill, more?

r09

Vorador said:
Ok, welcome here btw. :D

It has the same horrible voiceover than Zelda CD-i?. If yes, i might get a copy myself like you did, just for the lulz.

Almost, but Link's voice is impossible to top. :lol

I have to take a look at the bonus DVD. I don't even know what's supposed to be in there.

Vorador

Banned
Skiptastic said:
Doubt the people who made it will ever get funding from any company ever though.

I think the game was "self-funded", most indie devs work in their games in their spare times from other jobs, i think this was the case. The problem is finding a publisher who take your game seriously and willing to spend money/time into selling it.

For now on, the indie devs will probably have it much harder, thanks to these FuckWads >:-(

GameGamer

Skiptastic said:
Well, this game is destined to be infamous.

Doubt the people who made it will ever get funding from any company ever though.

They will make a lot of money after someone buys the movie rights to their story : P

Billen

Banned
I can't even begin what the room they planned this all in must look like. Imagine trying to fit all the pieces together. Probably more work than if they had learned to do it properly :D

Torquill

At the very least they could have taken some RL pictures of castles and shit. Isn't England full of that stuff?

I mean, a snow covered village? I think they can find one of those too in RL. Not too much more work.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Torquill said:
At the very least they could have taken some RL pictures of castles and shit. Isn't England full of that stuff?
Yep, England is just full of castles and fields.

Just like in story books.

Mash

cjelly said:
Yep, England is just full of castles and fields.

Just like in story books.

It's not that there aren't a lot of castles here, it's that the majority of the cool looking ones are hollow shells with like nothing behind the walls. Travelling the good ones here would have been beyond this developers budget lol.

Xabora

r09 said:
Almost, but Link's voice is impossible to top. :lol

I have to take a look at the bonus DVD. I don't even know what's supposed to be in there.
Lucky, my copy should be here soon. :D

Vorador

Banned
Seems like ALL the videos (ingame videos, trailers, extra footage from the making of) are badly encoded at 15 fps or something, he told me they're VERY jerky :lol

Seems like GAME UK has run out of the copies they had :(

r09

Actually, the only thing that runs at a decent framerate is the stolen footage from Pirates of the Caribbean. It's like watching those crappy CG FMV scenes from early CD games.

Brannon

Vorador said:
Sorry for the bump, but a friend of mine got his copy just this morning

lol-2.jpg

The quotes in the cover are so incredibly shameless :lol he says he's "afraid" of opening it just yet. :lol

Frothing demand... it's not on there!

Xabora

My copy just came in... slightly crushed.
Opened the box to 2... 2 cd sleeves for the game.

How the one with the game disc... has an Installer Key. :lol

End-User License Agreement (EULA)

This original software is protected by copyright law.
It may only be sold by authorized dealers and only be used for
private purposes. Please read the license carefully before using
the software. By installing or using this software product you
agree to be bound by the provisions of this EULA.

Software Product License
This End-User License Agreement will grant you the following
rights:

This End-User License Agreement is a legally valid agreement
between you and Majestic Studios.

By purchasing this original software you are granted the right to
install and use the software on a single computer.

Majestic Studios does not grant you any right of ownership
to the Software. Unauthorised leasing, public display, copying,
multiple installation or transfer, and any other process by which
this software or parts of it may be made available to the general
public, electronically or otherwise, without written consent is
prohibited.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Xabora said:

They have to protect their intellectual property.

r09

Xabora said:

Not only that, apparently the key is THE SAME in every copy of the game. :lol

Nishastra

Banned
54053LIMBOoftheLOST2008061711281298.png

I love the "cinematography". They really seem to love extreme closeups. Also, I've already heard the "Join us, join us, join us NOW!" sound that the Haunts from Thief make.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
When are we going to hear about the inevitable (and hopefully public) assreaming of the publishers/developers that is going to result from all of this?

It's been over a week!

Tntnnbltn

FlyinJ said:
When are we going to hear about the inevitable (and hopefully public) assreaming of the publishers/developers that is going to result from all of this?

It's been over a week!
When the publishers get back from their 'vacation'?

Roxas

"Cranny loved to cook with this stuff until an unfortunate event with a naked flame burnt her eyebrows off!"

:lol

Bernbaum

Quote from an interview with Steve Bovis:

Steve Bovis said:
Steve: All of the game (apart from initial background story and some character designs) had to be re-written, all the characters had to be created in 3D and animated, all the background scenes re-created, all the sounds, coding and music?..basically everything had to be redone or newly created for the PC version. This is not an old game that has been dressed up. This is the original concept, dusted off and re-created.

Source: http://www.quandaryland.com/jsp/dispArticle.jsp?index=795

Twig

Banned
When this is all said and done, I'd really like to see an in-depth analysis and interview with the "developers".

Should prove to be really interesting, heh.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I dunno about you guys, but this thread has inspired me to start making games.

Vorador

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
When this is all said and done, I'd really like to see an in-depth analysis and interview with the "developers".

Should prove to be really interesting, heh.

You know it will never happen :D primarily because the developers are "lost" in "limbo" since this clusterfuck was known.

Twig

Banned
Vorador said:
You know it will never happen :D primarily because the developers are "lost" in "limbo" since this clusterfuck was known.
Oh, yeah, I know. I was just waxing dream-like!

Egg Shen

Xabora said:
If an action orgy like Ninja Gaiden 2 has better prose for its inventory descriptions than a dedicated adventure title like this one, I can't wait to see what else lies in wait.

$h@d0w

This game is fucking terrible.

A graphic adventure relies on it's characters, environment and story to form an immersive world.

This game has none of those elements.

Tarazet

OK, so my mate just informed me about this. I checked Ebay and found one copy for sale. $61 with three hours to go. What the flying fuck.

I think those of you who bought it might be sitting on a gold mine.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Oooh, the geocities site was taken down?

Kudos to those that have finally confirmed that this game is real. I didn't doubt, but now those that did can finally gtfo!

Top Bottom