• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hulk Hogan sex tape included racist tirade - WWE cuts all ties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
Dude already earned a spot on my "All My Heroes Have Failed Me" list for the kind of egomaniac bullshit he pulled in WCW and TNA, but I still never expected him to go this low...
Yeah it's one thing to do political bullshit so you can make more money in the industry, but it's another thing to be an outright racist and vile person.
I highly doubt WWE would go scorched earth based on conjecture.

I doubt so as well. But regardless we still don't know the specific reason officially. It could be much worse than racist comments in fact (and I hope that's not the case).

Savitar

Hulk-Hogan-Mr.-America-wwe.jpg

A real American indeed.

I really wouldn't be surprised to learn that many of those real old school wrestlers are racist as fuck, that's how the business was(and still is but probably not to the extent back then)

He said the N word? Like Vince and all the oither fools running WWE doesn't say it. Hell didn't Vince say "whats up my nigga" live to Booker T less than 10 years ago?

Bob White

Stone Cold the GOAT. Supports gay marriage. Gives shout outs to the lowly fighting game community. And has the 2nd best finisher ever. 1st is the sharpshooter of course

I guess Vince is gonna be really thankful that Hunter managed to patch things up with the Savage and Warrior camps. If it wasn't for that, they'd basically have to pretend the entire Rock 'N Wrestling era never happened...

Kallor

Yeah I've known this guy was a scumbag from the very beginning, but oh boy, this seems like its gonna be worse than I ever expected him to be.

He said the N word? Like Vince and all the oither fools runnign WWE doesn't say it. Hell didn't Vince say "whats up my nigga" live to Booker T less than 10 years ago?

The argument could be made that it being said in jest on TV is a completely different thing from it being said in a racist tirade during a deposition. And what is said backstage is irrelevant considering no one has recordings of that stuff.

Savitar

To tell you how big this is the WWE still has CM Punk listed on their site. And they absolutely hate him due to him walking away and airing some dirty laundry on them.

For them to get rid of Hogan, yeah it's big....damn big.

This is must likely something really bad he did and not only said, for shame. Now we're never going to get the Cena vs Hogan at wrestlemania.

The tape has to be very very very bad if it's a perma ban. If it's a casual slip my bet is this will be temporary. Vince obviously doesn't give a shit about the act itself they just don't want the bad press.

The tape has to be very very very bad if it's a perma ban. If it's a casual slip my bet is this will be temporary. Vince obviously doesn't give a shit about the act itself they just don't want the bad press.

Of course Vince doesn't give a shit personally. We're talking about the same guy who thought multiple black guys were the same person because they are all black.

Not the biggest fan of Hogan. He is an asshole. From wrestler's opinions, Read Bret Hart's book and etc clearly the dude is a two faced coward. The way he manipulates the business as if he has leverage nowadays is laughable. Well WWE doesn't need him. His drawing power is gone he barely gets a reaction from events he appears in. He makes noise about how he wants to wrestle another big match probably for that payday. Just please. Can't deny his significance to pro wrestling. CM Punk said it the best in an interview, Hogan is in it for Hogan.

Christopher

Can some people be real with me?

How CRUSHED were you when you found out what a damn douchebag Hulk Hogan turned out to be behind the scenes? The poster for overcoming adversity, eating good, and doing the right thing was a fucking sham...

I remember honestly being crushed as I read about him online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom