• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

Welp. Looks like my Ryder Family Secrets quests is glitched. I have all the memories on all the planets and I'm still missing one apparently. There are no new dialogue options at either SAM node or Alec's terminal.

yeah. found this, others with same issue http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Ryder-family-Secrets-Can-t-access-final-memory/td-p/5948016

edit again: the quest doesn't say "on hold", either. It's just showing that I am missing one memory. Done all the Jean Garson stuff too.

Welp. Looks like my Ryder Family Secrets quests is glitched. I have all the memories on all the planets and I'm still missing one apparently. There are no new dialogue options at either SAM node or Alec's terminal.

Did you get the one
in the room next door to SAM
?
I did the first memory at SAM and got a scanner blip, and I went into that room and there was one just sitting in there.

edit: missed your edit, hope it resolves itself! I hate getting screwed by bugs.

SAM seriously doesn't shut up. Not sure if it's specifically Cora and Liam together but I had to split those chatterboxes up as well.

“Pathfinder, the temperature is dropping”
“Pathfinder, the temperature is stabilising, life support systems at 100%”

walking through a hallway of heaters has been one of the most mentally challenging tasks in this entire game

daedalius

Wife just started her playthrough, she seems to like it alright from watching me I guess.

Still digging the game, the pile-on is kinda sad, hopefully bioware can turn it around with some post launch support.

I still don't like alien puzzles though.

defiant04

Banned
How do you think this game would be rank 1-10 from a person who has no never played the the old mass effect trilogy?

Bugs and all...

Arklite

How do you think this game would be rank 1-10 from a person who has no never played the the old mass effect trilogy?

Bugs and all...

8/10 if you love WRPGs and focus on the meat of gameplay while forgiving the jank. 6/10 if you want a strong story and pristine production values. 7/10 is closest to the truth, read some reviews, they explain.

Lime

Someone found this message in the game - potential DLC maybe?

XEVFF0k.jpg

JoeBoy101

yeah. found this, others with same issue http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Ryder-family-Secrets-Can-t-access-final-memory/td-p/5948016

edit again: the quest doesn't say "on hold", either. It's just showing that I am missing one memory. Done all the Jean Garson stuff too.

I'm there too, but I'm seeing in places where it opens after
Meridian
. Have you completed the game?

Jyrii

Banned
Not sure if the base missions are bugged or just poor game design, but after I died against the boss on Eos, I had to start at the 2/3 point. I got so annoyed that I switched the difficulty to casual and just ran back to the boss fight.

Phamit

Not sure if the base missions are bugged or just poor game design, but after I died against the boss on Eos, I had to start at the 2/3 point. I got so annoyed that I switched the difficulty to casual and just ran back to the boss fight.

Yeah that was pretty annoying, could be solved easily by an extra save point

Yeah did the same. EA mentioned not saving enough in their list of bugs being worked on so not shre it's intended.

nOoblet16

Making my N7 armor is real tough when Milky way research seems non existent aside from mah perks

Don't bother making the N7 armour, you can but the entire set for like 1500 credits at the Nexus.
As for research points, I donno, I always had the most research points available for milky way compared to others.

Did you get the one at the top of that one tower in Havral ? It's the one I missed as well and thought for a long time that it was bugged for me.
If you do then you just have to wait until you finish final mission.

nOoblet16

You get that message after you finish the game...it's not really difficult to find, it's like the only datapad message in the room. You can also speak to a person about it. We've known about it for a while though

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I figured this was inevitable when Director Tann mentions that there's a Quarian ark with Drell and Hanar.

I for one, look forward to the prospect.

To be frank, I'd be really surprised if they have the time & resources(especially if the game doesn't sell as well as they hoped for) to
create 3 new races models(Quarians, Drells & Hanars) from scratch simply for a DLC
when they barely could create different looking Angaras(did they really had to all look like Jaal?), or hell, Asaris. Unless that DLC is sold for like 20$. Then it won't sell lol.

Lime

You get that message after you finish the game...it's not really difficult to find, it's like the only datapad message in the room. You can also speak to a person about it. We've known about it for a while though

I know but not everyone is aware of it and people who might be missing the species would want to know I figured :)

Royce McCutcheon

Don't bother making the N7 armour, you can but the entire set for like 1500 credits at the Nexus.
As for research points, I donno, I always had the most research points available for milky way compared to others.

Did you get the one at the top of that one tower in Havral ? It's the one I missed as well and thought for a long time that it was bugged for me.
If you do then you just have to wait until you finish final mission.

I like to craft augments and name my gear, my N7 gear is the Genji gear set from Final Fantasy

To be frank, I'd be really surprised if they have the time & resources(especially if the game doesn't sell as well as they hoped for) to
create 3 new races models(Quarians, Drells & Hanars) from scratch simply for a DLC
when they barely could create different looking Angaras(did they really had to all look like Jaal?), or hell, Asaris. Unless that DLC is sold for like 20$. Then it won't sell lol.

Angara had the most unique models, Jaal has different scars, and those aren't just paint like on humans, than Evfra which both looked different to generic models.
Also they could have started working on Quarians, Drell and Hanar a while ago while the bulk of the workforce focuses on pushing the game out the door.

It will definitely sell.

ArmGunar

A game like Mass Effect Andromeda is a mine gold for DLC, they can develop what they want to include into the game

But DLCs will be expensive, I won't buy it

Blunoise

Did we even know how much it sold? It seems to be doing good, the internet does not represent the world who don't care about reviews

Madness

I know but not everyone is aware of it and people who might be missing the species would want to know I figured :)

Yup. Plus if you finish Ryder Family Secrets,
there is some stuff about the 'benefactor' and the fact that Alec at least learns from Liara and Alliance and Turian SOS messages the Reaper• came and most likely killed everyone (Liara mentions the Crucible so we never know whether it was control, destroy or synthesis), but I wonder if it factors into the Salarian ark. They did leave after the others. Maybe their arrival will make the OG trilogy knowledge widespread, hopefully some Geth came aboard or tracked them as well. It also should give insight why the Quarian Pathfinder was shouting to wait.

One thing about the DLC, I expect it to be visually and technically solid since they most likely will give it more care after these launch issues. Maybe even delay to make it better?

Vico

I'm seriously loving the game, and I totally don't understand the negative reviews. Yeah, animations and faces are bad, and writing isn't always good, but it doesn't bother me at all for some reason. I even think some of the squadmates are interesting, for example Drack is much more appealing than Wrex or the other Krogan ever were for me. Complaints about sidequests are weird too, I feel like they were the same in the old trilogy. Most have an interesting story ; they don't necessarily introduce new gameplay mechanics, but even the sidequests in Witcher 3 (which is my Game of the generation for now) didn't for the most part. Only some of them are fetch quests, but then again even Mass Effect 1 had that.
Maybe it's my love for the franchise, and the fact that I've been waiting for it for 5 years, but damn this is a fun experience for me. I'm 22hours in, I think I still have three times that to go.

Though I just got to Voeld and I'm noticing weird freezes on a regular basis (as well as a game crash).

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Well ... best case scenario ..
this *could* be a good way to introduce OG characters into the Andromeda timeline either via DLC or future installments. The Andromeda initiative's launch takes place the year ME2's supposed to.

ME2 and 3 only have a year's gap between them and we can assume some of the OG crew could have been on the late deparching Quarian Ark if the ark held back till ME3's events all concluded before it launched.

Just wishful thinking and longing to see some of the old crew back :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Angara had the most unique models, Jaal has different scars, and those aren't just paint like on humans, than Evfra which both looked different to generic models.
Also they could have started working on Quarians, Drell and Hanar a while ago while the bulk of the workforce focuses on pushing the game out the door.

Really? I don't know, it could be because most conversations with Angaras so far are with minor npcs(so they have that weird zoomed out camera angle), but it seems they all share the same face, especially the females.

But eh, it's not as bad as the Salarians, where you can't see the difference between male & female (until they start talking) to begin with.

Really? I don't know, it could be because most conversations with Angaras so far are with minor npcs(so they have that weird zoomed out camera angle), but it seems they all share the same face, especially the females.

But eh, it's not as bad as the Salarians, where you can't see the difference between male & female (until they start talking) to begin with.
I mean, that's actually canon. Salarians have like 0 physical sexual dimorphism, at least, none that a non-salarian would notice (other than voice). So the while the one-model thing is still an issue, the male vs female isn't.

Sidenote, reading up on their culture in the codex, Tann having the position he's got with a female assistant/secretary tells you a LOT about him.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The asari to me are a glaring example of something seriously fucking up with the toolset during production, or a pipeline issue.

Top Bottom