• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer for The Division (3 minutes)

KORNdoggy

Can it be played entirely solo, though?

Apologies if this is common knowledge; I've not been following this one very closely.

you can. but you still need to be online to do so. which is dumb. i'll probably be skipping it for that reason alone. i don't like buying games that will ultimately turn into a coaster at some point in the future.

Theorry

Holy crap... this is the first time that this game has looked even remotely interesting to me, and it looks AMAZING!

Did we know about all these abilities and gadgets before? Makes the gameplay look very class-balance based, which is fantastic. Looks like the gameplay of Fuse in a better MMO style form.

The NPCs and social environments look fantastic and interesting as well...

Seriously, this has gone from complete zero to Day Zero for me. I may even pre-order it just because of this trailer... I'm floored.

Yes. Its uses the holy trinity of MMO's.

Tecnniqe

Banned
This video contains content from Ubisoft, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

:(

So 8th March is the release huh?

Beta on 29th seems more real by the day.

-------------------------------

Also for a few frames im sure i read "K9 unit"
Companions confirmed?

komplanen

I wondered but at this point, only 2 months from release, why would they fake it to this degree? The trailer was pure gameplay.

Does this also come to PC? High end PC footage if so?

It's coming to PC and my guess is that's where the footage is from.

How many players per team? Was this footage PC or console? Looks awesome and probably my next buy. Can't wait to play with my brother and friends.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Holy crap... this is the first time that this game has looked even remotely interesting to me, and it looks AMAZING!

Did we know about all these abilities and gadgets before? Makes the gameplay look very class-balance based, which is fantastic. Looks like the gameplay of Fuse in a better MMO style form.

The NPCs and social environments look fantastic and interesting as well...

Seriously, this has gone from complete zero to Day Zero for me. I may even pre-order it just because of this trailer... I'm floored.
Yea ever since the first demo we've seen a very rpg focused game with lots of abilities.
018729.jpg

looks more like this now
20151116222919a0e96ehuqlmuriek.jpg

I wondered but at this point, only 2 months from release, why would they fake it to this degree? The trailer was pure gameplay.

Does this also come to PC? High end PC footage if so?

its probably offline rendered at some insane resolution at a super low framerate with various ini values pushed far beyond what ingame settings will allow. several scenes and assets probably dont even exist anymore at that level of fidelity. and SLI probably wont work well/if at all. thats also so far beyond what the consoles will be able to display. if the game releases playable at that level on a high end pc, the gap between it and consoles would be so much bigger than anything we have seen. do you really expect this from an ubi title? lol. like they are going to invest that much money and work into the pc version.

Theorry

How many players per team? Was this footage PC or console? Looks awesome and probably my next buy. Can't wait to play with my brother and friends.

4 players max in a squad.
I am sure thats PC footage, I mean the Xbox One version of the alpha looked good but not like that. Alpha looked really like this on Xbox One.

JampackedReliableJohndory.gif

Looks sooooo good!

4 players max in a squad.
I am sure thats PC footage, I mean the Xbox One version of the alpha looked good but not like that. Alpha looked really like this on Xbox One.

JampackedReliableJohndory.gif
That gif is from the xbox one version? Wow looks crazy good imo

Lasty95

Well.. and coming from Ubisoft, the DLC content is eminent, so yeah, is like Destiny.

It's clearly borrowing Destiny's alluring structure, but won't have the god-tier mechanics.

It looks like a pretty by-the-numbers 3rd person shooter from that trailer.

Here's hoping it adds up to something special.

Crossing Eden

its probably offline rendered at some insane resolution at a super low framerate with various ini values pushed far beyond what ingame settings will allow. several scenes and assets probably dont even exist anymore at that level of fidelity. and SLI probably wont work well/if at all. thats also so far beyond what the consoles will be able to display. if the game releases playable at that level on a high end pc, the gap between it and consoles would be so much bigger than anything we have seen. do you really expect this from an ubi title? lol. like they are going to invest that much money and work into the pc version.
This was most definitely realtime footage. Not to mention, this is Massive Entertainment, who has a fantastic track record with pc. This is technically their first leading title that's not exclusive to PC.

ViciousDS

Banned
Looking solid.
However, I heard bad things about the pvp. How important is the pvp in this game? Am I going to be forced to participate in pvp?

PvP with the information we have is basically the end game atm, and if you want to do end game atm.....its PvP only. We have no info on raids or any PvE content.

Everyone kept comparing the dark zone to DayZ and crap when its not even close to that. DayZ had tense moments...you could lose everything, here you lose a piece of contaminated gear out of a chest or off an enemy. You die....you respawn in 10 seconds, run out and kill the dude who hit ya and fly off....this shit is just a gank fest for kids to troll. I will play the beta to see if they changed systems to make it better. But as of right now the Dark Zone is an utter bore fest to me and I see no reason in bothering with it.

Bradach

Looks fine but then again so did watchdogs and that turned out to be boring.

I'll wait for lots of reviews and GAF impressions on this one.

This was most definitely realtime footage. Not to mention, this is Massive Entertainment, who has a fantastic track record with pc. This is technically their first leading title that's not exclusive to PC.

their track record is kind of irrelevent now that they are part of ubis multiplatform game-by-numbers web of development. well see soon enough. i mean thats a 720p video and even when played fullscreen on my 1440p monitor theres little to no aliasing in the vast majority of the footage.

IvanJ

Banned
Still very interested in this game. Looks great, I just hope it has a hefty single player component, I really don't care for the cooperative side of gaming in general.

Staf

How 'much' of an RPG is it anyway? I still have a poor grasp of what kind of game this really is. Will someone like me who likes RPGs and action RPGs but dislike multiplayer like this at all?

Tecnniqe

Banned
I dont speak Italian, but watching this trailer about 2 times now made me purchase the gold edition on steam, cause why not.

I may have fucked up

Mozendo

Still very interested in this game. Looks great, I just hope it has a hefty single player component, I really don't care for the cooperative side of gaming in general.

From what we've been told, playing the co-operative stuff solo is as close as you'll get to single player. Not surprising since this game was made with co-op in mind.

salromano

Has Ubi said how big the map is?

Like, can I go to my block in Brooklyn? Or is this restricted to Brooklyn Bridge-area Brooklyn?

Theorry

How 'much' of an RPG is it anyway? I still have a poor grasp of what kind of game this really is. Will someone like me who likes RPGs and action RPGs but dislike multiplayer like this at all?

If you want you can just play the whole game alone like a RPG. Only in the base hub you gonna see other players walking arround. Or in the darkzone wich is the pvp section of the game.

Crossing Eden

their track record is kind of irrelevent now that they are part of ubis multiplatform game-by-numbers web of development. well see soon enough. i mean thats a 720p video and even when played fullscreen on my 1440p monitor theres little no aliasing in the vast majority of the footage.
Except that other Ubisoft studios have little to do with the development of the game aside from asset creation. Massive Entertainment lead the development of the engine and the game itself. Only four studios are working on the title.
Ubisoft announced that Ubisoft Reflections was co-developing the game and was responsible for developing the map-design, character-design and the online components of the game. Red Storm Entertainment, a subsidiary of Ubisoft which was co-funded by Tom Clancy, was also working on the weapon-design of the game. Ubisoft Annecy was also announced to be one of the co-developers of the game on 8 May 2015.

People should really stop trying to throw a blanket across the entire company as if their studios aren't one single entity. It's like saying, "I know this is by Bioware, but i'll completely ignore that and their past games, EA, EA, EA."

Adam M

Technically yes. But you'll have a harder time.

Exactly, I don't have buddies and I'm afraid that I can't finish the game by myself. They will just hunt me down in groups :D Maybe If I wait a month or two then with fewer playerbase I have a chance, unless if the game will be total hit then just more people will play it :D

Crossing Eden

Exactly, I don't have buddies and I'm afraid that I can't finish the game by myself. They will just hunt me down in groups :D Maybe If I wait a month or two then with fewer playerbase I have a chance, unless if the game will be total hit then just more people will play it :D
Players can't outright attack you outside of the Dark Zone.

ViciousDS

Banned

Dark Zone is the PvP area....you can avoid it......till probably end game and then you will be forced to use it

Top Bottom