• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Cave |OT| Choose your own Adventurers

zroid

Banned
Presumably this will go live at midnight on Wii U, so it should be the first version available, if that influences anyone's decision of which to buy :p

Presumably this will go live at midnight on Wii U, so it should be the first version available, if that influences anyone's decision of which to buy :p

I forgot was the PST or EST? They might come late hope not, but don't jinx it. :D

Capcom seems to think MonHun will be late for eShop, like Nintendo would allow a screw up like that?
yes they would :(

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Does anyone know if you can play this entirely on the Wii U gamepad?

Quotes from the web seem to suggest "NO". It's very light on WiiU features, using the gamepad only to select characters for use on the full screen.

From Joystiq

...you can see how the WiiPad plays into the game. It's essentially a glorified character selector and camera controller – by tapping on a character, you'll jump to them; by tapping on a character twice, you can switch the camera focus to them. In The Cave, characters cannot move independently off-screen.

TriGen

So who is everyone starting with? I'm going with the hillbilly, knight, and the twins.

I've been thinking about it but I'm still unsure. The hillbilly and the twins seem to be the ones most talked about pre-release, so I might actually hold off on them on my first playthrough. I will definitely go with the knight, though. Along with the knight, maybe I'll do the time traveller and...the monk or adventurer (the scientist for whatever reason is the one I'm feeling the least). So not totally sure, but that's how I'm leaning right now, it could change when I go to the select screen.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I think I have to wait and hear what you guys think, I started out surprised that there was any adventure game pedigree to this at all, but my expectations for that have been taken down for it being that kind of game.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I have no idea about characters or abilities or whatever. As usual I've gone blind in to the game. Too many other adventure games to play before it, yet I will set aside some time to play The Cave simply because it is Double Fine and Gilbert.

Yet I can't help but be more excited at the fact that I am about to play Kentucky Route Zero and The Walking Dead. Hopefully I will finish KRZ's first act before The Cave is released in a few days. The Walking Dead can wait.

TriGen

Just saw on wikipedia that Sega is publishing every version except the Wii U one. That's a neat fact if true.

Labadal

I was going to get the PS3 version, but I might get it on PC instead. Whatever platform I do end getting it for, it will be day 1.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone knows if the game plays on the GamePad?

Quotes from the web seem to suggest "NO". It's very light on WiiU features, using the gamepad only to select characters for use on the full screen.

From Joystiq

...you can see how the WiiPad plays into the game. It's essentially a glorified character selector and camera controller – by tapping on a character, you'll jump to them; by tapping on a character twice, you can switch the camera focus to them. In The Cave, characters cannot move independently off-screen.

zroid

Banned
It's strange, though. Being light on GamePad features should make a game more likely to have Off TV play. Maybe Joystiq just missed something?

If the touchscreen functions are not needed to play, then apparently it's just a few lines of code that lets the primary display switch screens.

It's strange, though. Being light on GamePad features should make a game more likely to have Off TV play. Maybe Joystiq just missed something?

If the touchscreen functions are not needed to play, then apparently it's just a few lines of code that lets the primary display switch screens.

Perhaps the budget for the game was tiny, so they only had time to get it running(tbh it actually coming out on the Wii U is enough for me).

Perhaps the budget for the game was tiny, so they only had time to get it running(tbh it actually coming out on the Wii U is enough for me).

I thought it only took a line of code to get a game streaming on Gamepad?

Anyway has anyone checked the eShop?

The Cave has moved into position with the "New" listed if you press the "See all" bar at the bottom it is listed first, most games getting ready to launch always seem to move from last listed to first spot... "BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2" is now the last game on page 3

No Front Page graphic yet, and I don't like the icon we will get for this game :(
Still day 1

I'm trying to decide which platform to get it on ( I have all of them). Anyone have any insight on what the superior version will be?

Apparently it has an old school point and click mode like Ron Gilbert's classics, and you'll be able to deck it out with all those fancy IQ enhancements. At least that's why I'm getting it on Steam.

Hmm, I didn't know that. That is very interesting.

Let's do this!

ijczqdwwTyRhW.png

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I've managed to go almost 100% media blackout on this outside of a few random tweets from Ron Gilbert.

Can't wait to see what it's about.

Alur

Pre-ordered via GMG, but think I might just trade that copy and grab it on XBLA. Haven't decided for sure. I've been really looking forward to it the last couple weeks.

Top Bottom