• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last time you bought a game for $59.99 (Full Price)

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I spent $59.99 on Mario & Sonic at the 2016 Olympic Rio Games back in January as it was a small print run and I figured I may as well snap it up while I could.

I go half through game sharing all of my games on xb1 and ps4, and get an amazon discount for all my switch games. So uhh... idk Mario Maker?

Tbf I am purchasing Destiny 2 Digital Deluxe for $90 or $100 or whatever it is.

Tevious

Technically, I preordered Battlefront II just a couple weeks ago for $59.99, but I suppose that doesn't really count because I only buy PSN Cards at a discount (10% off) and only preorder games when there is a Spend $100 Get $15 deal on PSN.

Even BotW I bought with discounted eShop cards.

AGITΩ

About 7 years. First because employee discount, then because of Gamers Club Unlocked (which is better than employee discount). So unless its a collector's edition im getting or a game thats retail exclusive...wait make that 5 years. Xenoblade Chronicles was originally retail exclusive to GameStop and Nintendo.com when ot came out west, so I got it from Nintendo.com because i didnt want an open gamestop copy.

Zelda
Mario Kart 8

I did not do this in a long time but I reached that phase in live where there is more money than time so I don't care about game prices anymore

Manu

Last month, NieR: Automata, worth every cent though.

I also paid more than u$s 60 since games are more expensive around here.

Floody

Horizon Zero Dawn, before that Yakuza 0 and before that was Dark Souls 3. Next will probably be Yakuza 6, mostly due to supply issues forcing me to go digital.
Haven't regretted any, I doubt I will with Y6 either.

I do often. Last ones for me that weren't Indie digital titles were Persona 5, Dragon Quest Heroes 2, Prey and Horizon off the top of my head.

$60? Oh you sweet summer child. Full-priced new games are $80 CAD here in Canadaland.

And it was Nioh (actually paid $100 for the special edition with the season pass included).

Stupid question - I'm sure, but if you live in Canada , cant you just buy the games of the PSN and thus paying normal prices a.k.a $59.99?

Been a minute. Wanted to say back in March, when I got Gravity Rush 2, Rise of the TR, and Watch Dogs 2, but I spent $120 for all 3 in a buy 2, get 1 deal, so they were really bought at $40 a piece.

Get most of my games through Amazon Prime now too. Damn. I really don't know.

But the next one will be Destiny 2. I'll be getting it through PSN, so I'll be paying at least $59.99, probably more (DLC season pass etc).

ghibli99

Forza Horizon 3 (PC/XB1). Bought it digitally for Play Anywhere. Don't really use the feature much... should have just bought it physically for XB1 for $48 GCU.

Caffeine

Purchased: Oct 28, 2011 @ 1:26pm
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (ROW preorder) - $59.99

I rarely ever spend more than $40 since then on a game for pc.

Justinh

hrmmm... I honestly can't remember, and looking at my amazon history isn't helping much (I buy like... everything from amazon).

If marked-up old games are still applicable and we're not just talking new games here, I apparently paid 95-ish for a copy of Outrun 2006 Coast-2-Coast for OXbox back in March.

I have so many games that I still haven't played that I bought a while back that I don't generally buy games when they're new anymore.
It's the one good thing about having a back log I guess.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Stupid question - I'm sure, but if you live in Canada , cant you just buy the games of the PSN and thus paying normal prices a.k.a $59.99?

No, the prices are adjusted. Though for some games, sometimes, they aren't? I remember seeing Bloodborne (regular version) showing up as $19.99 CAD and it was $19.99 USD for my American friend too.

But anyway I bought Nioh on PSN, and regular was $80 and deluxe digital (the one I got) was $100 so yeah...

Injustice 2, I believe. Before that No Man's Sky (woof). It's pretty rare and only happens when I impulse buy something on PSN.

Probably Infamous Second Son. There were like 2 games near the launch of the PS4 that I bought at a full $60 but after that I started to either wait for sales or pre-order at a discount.

Zelda I bought with both the Amazon pre-order discount, and some Amazon credit I saved from Christmas so it ended up being like $22 in the end.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Well I've never paid full MSRP that we have now ($59.99) but the last time I paid full MSRP for a game was $54.99 when Doom 3 came out August 3rd 2004.

So that makes it almost 13 years.

Because of GCU and because I am mostly a PC gamer now.....shit, I can't even remember....maybe 4-5 years ago? I think the last game I bought that was 59.99 was GTA V on Xbox 360. Which is before I had GCU.

Top Bottom