• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Info on new Yakuza game coming in about 2 months (Sony pre-TGS conference?)

DKHF

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/2...ys-wait-two-months-something-new-yakuza-game/

Yakuza series general director Toshihiro Nagoshi teased in the latest Sega Nama live stream that he'll have some happy stuff to share about a new Yakuza game in about two months. [Thanks, Hachima.]

Nagoshi-san couldn't share much else on the new Yakuza game that he's working on, but he says that he'll be able to say ”something" if we can wait just about two more months. He also added that he believes it'll be about stuff that'll make people happy to hear.

When asked to clarify if that means he'll have more than one thing to say, Nagoshi replied by saying that they'll have all kinds of information that they'll be saving up and revealing.

Sony's pre-TGS conference is sometimes in early September and Yakuza titles have been revealed there before so that seems like the place this game will be revealed.

I'll pre-order the moment it's available.

yakuza-zero-money-slap-animated-gif-ps4-game.gif

Kiwami 2 would be amazing, as I didn't get into the series until Yakuza 0 released earlier this year. I'll definitely get Kiwami, and a remake of 2 would be very welcome. :D

Harmen

when you first dont get yakuza for years but then getting bombarded with it:
tumblr_mzh0hqMANs1qfaa86o1_400.gif

Yeah, feels good after years of being pissed off at SEGA for ending EU releases after Dead fucking Souls.

Though obviously Kiwami and 6 need to to decently in order for whatever comes next to come over here.

Laplasakos

I am right there with you. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite franchises.

Truly an underrated franchise. I think the name Yakuza hurt the potential of the franchise in the west a lot. They should have go with the literal translation ''Like a Dragon''.

I think it will be a remake, like Kiwami 2 and maybe 3. Sega said it was considering that , and it seems yakuza 0 has been selling well. Kiwami already sold over half million copies in Japan/Asia

Pachimari

If they announce Kiwami 2, then I will jump in and start playing 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2 and then 3, 4 and 5 on PS3. Make it happen.

Kiwami 2, please. I'd be happy with it using either the 60FPS Ishin/0/Kiwami engine or the Yakuza 6 engine; just give me that HD Ryuji.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The best thing about Kiwami 2 would be that they'll use the Yakuza 6 engine, not the hold over PS3 engine. Holy shit can you guys imagine punching a tiger in the face in THAT fidelity !!!

tumblr_mvao5mn8hk1s3tm4svt.gif

If a new Yakuza gets announced at TGS this year, that one reveal will automatically make the event an improvement on last year's.

RSchmitz

The best thing about Kiwami 2 would be that they'll use the Yakuza 6 engine, not the hold over PS3 engine. Holy shit can you guys imagine punching a tiger in the face in THAT fidelity !!!

tumblr_mvao5mn8hk1s3tm4svt.gif

Would they use the new engine though? I remember them saying that one of the reasons they did Kiwami was because it was pretty cheap and easy to do while they worked on 6. I don´t think they have enough assets to reuse with the quality the new engine requires.

Would they use the new engine though? I remember them saying that one of the reasons they did Kiwami was because it was pretty cheap and easy to do while they worked on 6. I don´t think they have enough assets to reuse with the quality the new engine requires.

I assume they will use the same engine they used for Yakuza 6. Why would they do back to that older engine just because it is a remake of 2? I don't think we have to worry about that.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Kiwami had to run on the PS3 so they had to use the Zero (previously Yakuza 5) engine. I sincerely hope at this time if they're doing a Kiwami 2, it'll be PS4 only and they won't be tied to an older engine.

On the flip side, the 0 engine did run at a very sweet 1080p/60 FPS on the PS4. Yakuza 6 is 30 with dips and 900p on PS4 (and 1080p on Pro).

Does 6 end Kiryu's story?

Yes and no. The door isn't closed lets put it that way.

Yeah I'm not falling for that again. That last Sega Stream felt like a troll.

Damn straight. After that stream, Shenmue 3's expected but still disappointing delay and a E3 that didn't have as many big surprises as previous years I refuse to get hyped and let down again! I'll start getting hyped only when the game is announced.

Assuming this news is trustworthy, I can see either a live stream tease (like what Ishin got) in August followed by showings at TGS, or they just announce it at TGS as per usual (which would seem somewhat likely).

Carrie1138

Neo Member
Kiwami 2 would be awesome. Yakuza 7 (starring Akiyama) would be awesome. A new historical game would be awesome. I just want to know which it is!

Top Bottom