• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

Niosai

I made a couple of BotW ones based off of RedSwirl's template. If the dimensions end up changing I'll update these if anyone wants.

v45iFGT.jpg

DkJ8QxD.jpg

gbfIGr1.jpg

4Fk7BYR.jpg

XwTEUyp.jpg

Yazuka

I have a faint memory that I've asked something like this before, so I'll hope you'll have some patience with me.
Is there no way to buy or get the real coverart for games? I get a lot of promos for PS4 but I'd like to add them in a case and have them part of my collection.
I just got Horizon and I'd love to get a hold of the original cover art for that or at least something similar. Same thing for when you buy a game and they give you a steelbook, I hate that I just want a regular cover...
Is there no place to turn too?

This might not fit here, but I'd rather ask here than start a whole new thread.

mpau25

Wow, glad to see this thread still kicking!

Does anyone have a minimalist cover design for Wild GUNs Reloaded on PS4? For some reason, the spine font really annoys me.

Nia

I made a couple of BotW ones based off of RedSwirl's template. If the dimensions end up changing I'll update these if anyone wants.

Where did you get that artwork? I've never been able to find a clean version of the Gameinformer cover.

Niosai

Where did you get that artwork? I've never been able to find a clean version of the Gameinformer cover.

This is the highest res version I could find, and the version I used for the cover. I found it awhile back on a Zelda fan site and can't remember the exact source.

Edit: Also, the cover I made has this image upscaled in Photoshop, which sacrifices quality slightly at that high of a resolution but shouldn't affect it if it were to be printed.

DNC

Neo Member
I made this alternative and minimalist covers to replace the horrid Day One cover. Is ready to print. I chose the japanese logo instead of the american. Kanjis look way more classy.

The minimal one is at 200 pixel/inch cause the art of Noctis and Luna is not big enough, but it can be printed without problem, the quality remains. If someone could get a bigger version i could make one at higher quality.

Nr5HHaP.png

COVER: https://www.mediafire.com/?ud0qvqzytmk93hk

Fr9Rg5Y.png

COVER: https://www.mediafire.com/?ud0qvqzytmk93hk

Both of them are great, dude!

But... isn't both the same links? I would love to print the first one, but the download link is the same XD

Seik

Banned
I'd like to print a custom cover that I found on reddit.

It's for the Switch version of I Am Setsuna, except it's in English instead of Japanese.

I'm struggling to find the dimensions to print it, can anyone give me some advice?

I decided to make up a Nintendo Switch Template today that was as close to the official one as possible. It's really nice that you can print one on a standard 8.5x11 page, so I made myself a mockup Super Mario World box.

I've uploaded a 300dpi and 1200dpi template with all sorts of layers for Switching.

300dpi Template: http://kuso.ge/misc/switchTemplate_300.zip
1200dpi Template: http://kuso.ge/misc/switchTemplate_1200.zip

The font I used for the spine is Soin Sans Neue Bold, but you'll have to get that on your own, or use a different free version. Enjoy!

I'd like to print a custom cover that I found on reddit.

It's for the Switch version of I Am Setsuna, except it's in English instead of Japanese.

I'm struggling to find the dimensions to print it, can anyone give me some advice?

The dimensions I came up with from my measurements are 208x160.5 mm. If you wanna send me the I am Setsuna boxart you've got, I could work up a printable version in my template.

Brofield

.....aaaaand now I want an HD remake of SMW for Switch

Hell, I'm hoping a talented artist can recreate the SMW artwork for Super Mario Odyssey to make use for custom cover art. I want the red-eyed rabbits and Bowser in the suit from my avi making an appearance!

Also, do you think it's possible too that people can start making artwork for the inside case for covers that won't already have it (i.e. Lego City Undercover)?

Son Of D

Where would be the best place to get these printed in London? Want to make a Zelda cover as well as Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5.

ASaiyan

Banned
Ooh! This thread is huge and old, so I don't know if it was already mentioned, but there was a custom design community called VGBoxart.com that I was very active on back in the day.
Some of my favorites that I made myself:

Persona 3
Okami
Patapon
Wind Waker

I know I printed off the P3 one, and I might have printable files of the others lying around if someone really wanted one, lol.
As a bonus, here are two poster designs I made for Ni no Kuni and Half-Minute Hero that I really like. (Shame this site no longer exists.)
Oh yeah, and the submissions are under three different usernames because I got bored of whichever one I was using a lot, lol.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Ooh! This thread is huge and old, so I don't know if it was already mentioned, but there was a custom design community called VGBoxart.com that I was very active on back in the day.
Some of my favorites that I made myself:

Persona 3
Okami
Patapon
Wind Waker

I know I printed off the P3 one, and I might have printable files of the others lying around if someone really wanted one, lol.
As a bonus, here are two poster designs I made for Ni no Kuni and Half-Minute Hero that I really like. (Shame this site no longer exists.)
Oh yeah, and the submissions are under three different usernames because I got bored of whichever one I was using a lot, lol.

Damn that P3 one is nice as fuck

RedSwirl

Anybody willing to make some templates available in GIMP format? Thinking about trying to move over to it from Photoship totally. I already have for basically everything except making covers.

Fukuzatsu

All the links to the full PS4 template I could find in the thread seem to be down (though the minimal one is still up). Does anyone have a link to it?

Seik

Banned
Hey all, here I am again!

I just ordered the Japanese physical edition of Spelunker on Switch.

Anyone with a (very) kind soul could make a custom 'American' case for it? I have the the US Logo...Ideally someone would need to place it on top of the Japanese title, translate what's written on the back and change the rating logo down there for ESRB.

(Will edit once I find the back of the case.)

minna-de-waiwai-spelunker.jpg

W5VOK4Q.jpg

ASaiyan

Banned
Hey all. I recently bought Spec Ops: The Line on GAF's glowing recommendation, but unfortunately the used GameStop copy did not come with any case insert. So, I decided to try my hand at something I hadn't done in a while and make my own!

If you like it you can click below for a glorious 300dpi version and print it yourself. I must say I'm quite pleased with it. And if anyone could point me towards some printable case art for XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PS3) or Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars (3DS) that'd be great, because I'm a little burnt out after making this one! Lol.

Blowdrum

Neo Member
Are there any working links to templates for Steam/XB1/PS4? Wanna get back into making custom covers but most of the older links I have bookmarked aren't working anymore.

Tried printing out Valkyria Chronicles 2 cover on glossy photo paper since I have the ugly PSP essentials cover but it came out really bad. Guess my printer isn't good enough or something.
Edit: Nvm I'm dumb, gotta go in the settings and say I put in a different type of paper

sleepnaught

Anyone recommend printers for under $200? I've been trying to print off new covers for my Sega Genesis games, but every print shop in town wont do it because of the Sega logo. I left no option but to print them myself, but I know absolutely nothing about printers. Help!

Wow that Sonic Unleashed one is amazing.

Really proud of that one. I always look for the highest quality and highest-res pieces available. Was always shocked they never used that for the actual box. Instead it was used for the back cover.

I added the white glow around the logo myself. :)

Note: Check the gallery page itself for the original sizes on the download button. Some are VERY big.

Can I take the opportunity to share my boxes? Making boxes has been a hobby and I'd love feedback!

https://goldmetalsonic.deviantart.com/gallery/

Most of my others are just taking existing boxes and adding a case. SA3 is the only legit original work of mine (in terms of construction of existing assets I mean).

dude, these are amazing! Make some more!

You should consider doing them without the ESRB logo, though. Minimalism is the way to go!

Does anyone have the templates for a PS4 cover, 3D/angled version?

Like the box at an angle with the light glare on it, and the disc coming out of it?

(I don't even know how to upload an image to show what I mean, sorry).

I just need to do a game cover mock up and I'm struggling to find the right template anywhere, any help would be massively appreciated!

Edit: Also, does anyone have an up to date screen grab the PSN console storefront? I can't find one online and I'm not by my PS4 to check if you can screenshot/share the store front. Thanks.

Squalliczek

Neo Member
Hi. I repeat the question, looking for cover for Batman: Arkham Origins. Front Covers PS3 logo on the side only PS3 logo and inscription Arkham Origins. Anyone of you has the cover. Thank you in advance and best regards.

Top Bottom