• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

When I play tempo rogue I don't mind seeing that 4/3 bearshark cause I usually have shadowblade. A 3/2 for 3 weapon just destroys that thing and any tempo hunter hopes to have out of it. When I play warlock, the thing dies to hellfire or defile, granted sometimes the thing gets a hit in or can be played to make warlock's life awkward.

I don't think it's a big deal tbh because any tempo based deck, like shaman (FTT), other hunters with bow, even pwar, or as mentioned rogue, can easily deal with it and result in a tempo loss.

Hycran

Banned
When I play tempo rogue I don't mind seeing that 4/3 bearshark cause I usually have shadowblade. A 3/2 for 3 weapon just destroys that thing and any tempo hunter hopes to have out of it. When I play warlock, the thing dies to hellfire or defile, granted sometimes the thing gets a hit in or can be played to make warlock's life awkward.

I don't think it's a big deal tbh because any tempo based deck, like shaman (FTT), other hunters with bow, even pwar, or as mentioned rogue, can easily deal with it and result in a tempo loss.

Bear Shark is good against Priest and Druid. Every other class can handle them in some way shape or form.

Sande

Bit of an odd ruleset for a brawl when you don't even have to alter the best deck in the game all that much.

Edit: Although TB is wild so maybe not the best. Best standard deck.

I think this card is just... so good.

62903.gif

Ripenen

Bit of an odd ruleset for a brawl when you don't even have to alter the best deck in the game all that much.

Edit: Although TB is wild so maybe not the best. Best standard deck.

This one felt pretty phoned in but eh, they can't all be winners I guess.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This Brawl is a repeat. It is based off of the Challengestone Tournament that Kripp ran once.

Hycran

Banned
I think this card is just... so good.

62903.gif

On Firebat's super deck Doctor he removed it from his deck list. I tried this and immediately regretted it. It's great against priest and makes an immediate effect on the board when resume ones from Guldan. One of my favorited far and away. Powerful but fair.

"It's Hearthstone dude, you don't think we can win? You haven't played enough of this game, we can win. It's just not likely."

From Kripp playing his current OktoberBrawl deck. Just thought it was funny.

In other news, I was able to push my Hunter deck into Rank 10, my usual stopping point. Usually feel pretty good about self made decks that reach that point.

On Firebat's super deck Doctor he removed it from his deck list. I tried this and immediately regretted it. It's great against priest and makes an immediate effect on the board when resume ones from Guldan. One of my favorited far and away. Powerful but fair.

Yeah, I loooove me some Firebat, but some of his Deck Doctor videos are a little puzzling to me. Like, I understand that people are asking him to make their decks more viable, but that usually means removing all of the "fun" flavour from them and turning them into boring meta decks with a couple of unique cards. True, this makes them more effective, but the knock-on effect of that is "Here, let me just remove everything interesting about this submission." But, it's a rock-and-a-hard-place scenario, so I get it.

Also, someone recently posted a comment along the lines of, "Deck doesn't have Pirate Package? Add it! Deck does have Pirate Package? Remove it!" Oversimplification, obviously, but it was a trend in the last few Deck Doctors and made me giggle, at least.

rahji

I have a problem: I have the "play 75 murlocs" quest but I don't want to complete it because of the nerf and also because I would like to play with other decks. Should I really reroll that quest and give the 100g because of that? I really have no motivation to complete that quest now.

manhack

Yeah, I loooove me some Firebat, but some of his Deck Doctor videos are a little puzzling to me. Like, I understand that people are asking him to make their decks more viable, but that usually means removing all of the "fun" flavour from them and turning them into boring meta decks with a couple of unique cards. True, this makes them more effective, but the knock-on effect of that is "Here, let me just remove everything interesting about this submission." But, it's a rock-and-a-hard-place scenario, so I get it.

\

I've been thinking about the line between fun and competitive a bit lately. I know there are different types of players (Spike, Timmy, Johhny and variations), but I do feel like we spend a lot more time on the Spike side than the crazy, wacky, combo stuff.

I'm also amused by the people in twitch chat who watch toast, dog, Savjz, Kibler and say stuff like "This deck is terrible, change decks pls"...like you really want them to only play a tier 1 decks?

wiibomb

I have a problem: I have the "play 75 murlocs" quest but I don't want to complete it because of the nerf and also because I would like to play with other decks. Should I really reroll that quest and give the 100g because of that? I really have no motivation to complete that quest now.

oh no... don't do it, we are still in the full refund period, you can craft the warleaders, complete the quest quick and then just dust them and nothing is lost.

and if you are still in such a hurry, I can help you complete it. don't miss on that 100g

TankUP

I'm also amused by the people in twitch chat who watch toast, dog, Savjz, Kibler and say stuff like "This deck is terrible, change decks pls"...like you really want them to only play a tier 1 decks?

And then you go into the chat of a tryhard streamer who is going for a decent rank and the entire chat is "why are you playing that brokeback deck, play something fun, this is boring."

Twitch chat is dumb.

wiibomb

Do we know if we will get another batch of cards in the Holiday season or will Blizz wait for next year?

batch of cards comes in the form of expansions only, and they come about 4 months inbetween each other, so going by past and recent releases, December is next expansion.

We will probably know about it until blizzcon.

Tunoku

"It's Hearthstone dude, you don't think we can win? You haven't played enough of this game, we can win. It's just not likely."

From Kripp playing his current OktoberBrawl deck. Just thought it was funny.

In other news, I was able to push my Hunter deck into Rank 10, my usual stopping point. Usually feel pretty good about self made decks that reach that point.

Congrats, could you share you list? Would be rad. I’m struggling to get above 12 not having access to Grandmother or the Pirate package.

Tunoku

Good point. I got recently blown out by adapting my Macaw with Deathrattle and it was a bad idea. Most lists stopped running Rat Pack too.

Pooya

So is this aggro rogue meta?

One thing I don't get is why people didn't play it this much before. I don't see how it was much worse before the nerfs. It should have been good against druid/priest even then. Suddenly some streamers played it, although it was a deck that was out there for a month on v/s then and they kept saying that it's the best performing rogue deck. HS players are a bunch of sheeps ;b

Also people wanted to remove prep and auctioneer, well here it is. Best rogue deck doesn't play either. Actually people have found better results with sprint than Auctioneer. Auctioneer tax on your deck is too high in this meta to matter.

I played keleseth rogue before the nerfs. It had real middle to bad match ups vs aggro druid/jade druid because of innervate and rather meh match up vs shaman which sort of remains the case but I think it's very winnable based on who gets early tempo.

The thing about innervate is... in tempo matches a big part of the result is who actually spends their mana more efficiently. If everything else is the same, the guy who goes first wins because they usually have initiative and more stats on board to use. And innervate basically guarantees that to happen, because you're playing like a 6 drop worth of stats on turn 3 etc.. Turns out now that aggro druid doesn't dominate every tempo match up despite having big bodies.

I don't think the pwar match up was bad though.

Tagyhag

You guys ever feel like the AI really wants to win? I just lost 10 in a row against Skelasaurus as it kept getting 10 drop after 10 drop.

Around the middle I almost had it...and it gets Reno.

manhack

One thing I don't get is why people didn't play it this much before.

I think aggro druid, pirate warrior and murloc paladin were just better aggro deck against the field so there was no point to run a lesser aggro deck. There were a ton of viable decks before the nerfs, but there was no point running them if you wanted to maximize your win percentage and that is what most people do.

HS players are a bunch of sheeps ;b

Sad, but true. The age of tempostorm, Vicious syndicate, HSreplays, metastats and big streamers have made the meta game stabilize super fast. At least for the top end.

Miletius

Sad, but true. The age of tempostorm, Vicious syndicate, HSreplays, metastats and big streamers have made the meta game stabilize super fast. At least for the top end.

I imagine it's the same for any game right now -- as long as it's big enough to attract eyeballs on a website there will be things like the things above. Call it the Wowhead effect if you like -- or Diablo fans? Or maybe the Curse effect.

Congrats, could you share you list? Would be rad. I’m struggling to get above 12 not having access to Grandmother or the Pirate package.

This is my current list;

It works out alright, but you can get pretty screwed with draws. Sometimes it feels really awkward to play. Then in other games, everything falls into place.

Also, if you don't have the legendaries, I feel like the deck can still work out fine. Huhuran is probably the biggest one to miss since it's another Deathrattle trigger, but I would advise you not to craft her since she'll rotate soon. Black Knight could just be another Deadly Shot and Rexxar is there for fun / extra long games.

Sorry if you were looking for a cheaper / easier Hunter deck.

One thing I don't get is why people didn't play it this much before. I don't see how it was much worse before the nerfs. It should have been good against druid/priest even then. Suddenly some streamers played it, although it was a deck that was out there for a month on v/s then and they kept saying that it's the best performing rogue deck. HS players are a bunch of sheeps ;b

Also people wanted to remove prep and auctioneer, well here it is. Best rogue deck doesn't play either. Actually people have found better results with sprint than Auctioneer. Auctioneer tax on your deck is too high in this meta to matter.

wellthereitisx4oc2.gif

Myself included ;)

Top Bottom