• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: First Battlefield 4 teaser coming this week [Up: Partial Box Art Appears]

Lakitu

st5fu
Wasn't that accompanied by the GI cover where we got some details on the game? I hope we at least get some details... preferably multiplayer stuff.

Oh...so its modern times AGAIN? Well, might put away the dreams of a sequel to 2142.

Since they put in that teaser in End Game, i guess you can expect a 2143 DLC like vietnam for Bad Company 2?
And they did sorta the same with karkand so it's a pretty safe bet we will see something like that imo.

People like modern times more, it's just a fact. So releasing 2143 dlc is the smarter thing to do i guess

watchdog

Battlefield 1944 would be Day-1 for me. BF3 still feels too fresh, so I'll really need to be convinced that BF4 is something special to even consider picking it up.

Even though I know I'll probably be picking up the next Battlefield I would still prefer if Dice set it in another time period. I think a visit back to WWII would be pretty damn impressive using the capabilities of the Frostbite 2 engine.

friday

In keeping with the same setting and gameplay style of 3, what could they possibly do to make BF4 interesting? I loved 3 but I honestly don't really see the point for 4.

Salsa

still having fun with BF3 and endgame, but im really eager to see a trailer for this cause I cant see how they can improve the visuals of PC BF3 at this particular point

I mean, I know they can and will, I just dont know in wich way

Hopefully i'll be blown away

Hopefully it isnt just BF3 PC quality on consoles

RoKKeR

Again, taking this from JRB, the BFO manager who posted the accurate description of the BF4 cover before it was leaked.

https://twitter.com/jrb1x/status/312566465091997696
1Bm.png

Who really knows what's up at this point. I still think we'll get something today though, official or not.

XPE

Will it be a proper trailer with actual gameplay or will it be something vague like the original BF3 trailer I wonder.

Zeknurn

Still modern? Meh.

Take me back to 2142 already, Dice.

BF1942
BFV
BF2
BF2142

Four completely different settings in four games.

BFBC
BFBC2
BF3
BF4

Four modern military shooters in a row.

Yeah it's time for something different EA DICE.

Binabik15

If I can't c4 buildings, drive a tank through a wall or use a underslung grenade launcher to "open the door" I'm not interested.

Vehicle health wasn't done as well in 3, either, IMO.

Screw it, just give me BC3 and not BF4.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
If I can't c4 buildings, drive a tank through a wall or use a underslung grenade launcher to "open the door" I'm not interested.

Vehicle health wasn't done as well in 3, either, IMO.

Screw it, just give me BC3 and not BF4.
If they're gonna go backwards then they might as well just make BF2 HD.

Mascot

You want the whole game leaked?

Of course not. Some screen shots, maybe a camera phone video... those are leakworthy. Box art? Not so much. Certainly not worth a mini viral campaign on social media. Give us something of substance, a bone we can gnaw on.

Of course not. Some screen shots, maybe a camera phone video... those are leakworthy. Box art? Not so much. Certainly not worth a mini viral campaign on social media. Give us something of substance, a bone we can gnaw on.

they already said march 26th, it is all over the internet, you havent been paying attention.

Actually kind of looking forward to this. I'm really not an online guy, much less so an online shooter guy; but BF3 was freaking excellent...

Since they put in that teaser in End Game, i guess you can expect a 2143 DLC like vietnam for Bad Company 2?
And they did sorta the same with karkand so it's a pretty safe bet we will see something like that imo.

People like modern times more, it's just a fact. So releasing 2143 dlc is the smarter thing to do i guess
Yes, but there's also a pterodactyl in End Game.

And dinosaurs in every expansion. Yeah I know there's a difference in one poking fun at fans while the other being related to a past game, but I wouldn't put it behind DICE to be trolling us.

Top Bottom