• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windjammers launching August 29 on PS4 and Vita

I was really hoping to have an online tournament but it looks like that will have to wait for the time being. I had my first ranked match yesterday and I had some awful input latency. I turned that shit off so quickly.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Consistent 200 ms lag and I run on 100 average mbps internet.

On my end; this is really bad and DotEmu stays being DotEmu
Your download speed doesn't have anything to do with your ping times. The amount of data being sent back and forth in an online multiplayer game is actually relatively small.

Havok1313

I don't think a lot of people are playing, sadly. I'll be matched up with the same person over and over sometimes.

I haven't had any more connection issues tbh. I think if you're having problems it might be because you are getting matched with people far away? Who knows.

I don't think a lot of people are playing, sadly. I'll be matched up with the same person over and over sometimes.

I haven't had any more connection issues tbh. I think if you're having problems it might be because you are getting matched with people far away? Who knows.

Great so the online will be dead if its ever patched. Ffs

Yes Boss!

I have no scanline option in the Vita version (did update it). Shows in the PS4.

Am I doing something wrong or is there not that option on Vita?

belinho

Online play is completely broken for me. Disconnected every time after selecting a character. Very disappointing.

This situation is apalling. During the BETA I contacted them more than once about that error, but gave them the benefit of the doubt since the BETA only lasted a weekend, I think, so I thought they couldn't implement any change in that small timeframe. But come oficcial release day, this is just unbelievable. A lot of people reported the error at the time. Knowing your game won't be played by that many people, how can they release it with something that makes it completely unplayable is beyond my comprehension

Small user base, smaller than it should be due to price, plus online issues, means dead online at launch or shortly after.

Another lost chance to do things right with old ips

Feels like we can just cut and paste this post for every single old-school multiplayer game released on modern consoles.

Looks like par for the course for DotEmu. This wouldn't be so painful if they would actually learn from their mistakes, but they have a long trail of half-baked never-fixed ports in their wake. Give me a working PC copy of Raiden Legacy and I'll consider buying something from these devs again.

totowhoa

Banned
Fuck I wanted this game to work online. I'm not playing it local. What's bummer. Gonna hold off and see if it gets better :/ I was worried about this

Bedlam

I remember reading statements from the devs about how they wanted to get the online part right with this game. Shame how things have turned out... :-/

I was determined to get this on release day because the game looks fun and tight as hell from what I've seen on GB. Now it's become a sale purchase at best for me... Again, shame. This looked so promising.

Neverfade

I assume these morons stuck to their guns and didn't add an option to turn off round time limits?

No sale until I'm not buying an inferior version.

delSai

Who's your main, and have you found a noticeable advantage for rolling either power build or speed?

I always go with Miller, sometimes i mess up, mash X to get to the next match and get Mita tho lol.
I never really worried to much about stats and advantages, i just picked who i thought had the right movement. Everyone seems viable tho. Just go with whoever you think has the best super and speed. Maybe you're better with the slower guys, i dunno. I sure as hell am not lol

Very sad that there doesn't seem to be a lot of people playing this. I keep getting matched with the same people. Game is fantastic and I've been playing it for years and I'm excited for online with it. Definitely taking some getting use to with a controller over a stick but I love it

Steiner

Banned
I always go with Miller, sometimes i mess up, mash X to get to the next match and get Mita tho lol.
I never really worried to much about stats and advantages, i just picked who i thought had the right movement. Everyone seems viable tho. Just go with whoever you think has the best super and speed. Maybe you're better with the slower guys, i dunno. I sure as hell am not lol

I've been having some luck with Scott (USA), but I actually really like Mita sometimes for her ability to get all the way across the court in a snap when I need to make those quick saves. I'm not a huge fan of her special throw, though. Miller is consistent pick for me as well, though his "Sideburner" special is kind of predictable.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Is are there good videos or guides to controls? The one included is good in covering the basic, but I'm finding it tricky to be deliberate between the Sonic shot and the setup for super moves.

Alphahawk

Was thinking about picking this up, however looking at this thread it seems that there aren't enough players online to justify the price.

stryke

Should put it on PS+.

Online is abysmal, haven't been able to play a single match since launch. It's disappointing because during the beta online was great (for me at least).

Opa-Pa

With how much excitement there was around this, I expected an OT and a small GAF community at the very least... Weird.

I got it anyway and it's a blast. Local co-op and even arcade mode are enough for me, but yeah, bummer.

Havok1313

Should put it on PS+.

Online is abysmal, haven't been able to play a single match since launch. It's disappointing because during the beta online was great (for me at least).

I really wonder what they messed up. Online is still perfectly fine for me, besides the small pool of players.

With how much excitement there was around this, I expected an OT and a small GAF community at the very least... Weird.

I got it anyway and it's a blast. Local co-op and even arcade mode are enough for me, but yeah, bummer.

Same, pretty surprised myself.

nampad

Always wanted to play this game after seeing it on a gaming show. Got to say it really offers everything I wanted from it gameplay wise, so much fun.
Sucks that the online is already dead.

No. 8-way controls only, just like the arcade.

Thanks, thought so but somehow the game felt different when I used the analog sticks.

Take off? Lol, it's a neo geo rom supposed to be able to be played online at 14.99.
Glad I played (well not managed to play) the beta so it's an easy pass. Fix it and throw it on ps+ or let it die.
Never even going to consider buying something from these dotemu guys again.

The game is fantastic, one of my favourites on neogeo together with turf masters and super side kicks 2/3. It's such a shame really.
And even if it was working, you need a lot of new players to keep it fun online, you wouldn't stand a chance against good or even experienced players.

Top Bottom