• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostbyte

I'd imagine that Nintendo will brief developers on the final specs at GDC.

Cannot wait for the leaks ^__^

Some certain French developers or excited journalist will probably have loose mouths, right?
3AQmK.gif

Wow, that sucks.
My military service starts that day. I'll probably miss most gaming events this year.

Hope everything goes well!

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Considering Cristal Dynamics, Namco, Kojima Pro cold reception I doubt that 3rd parties will go all out with a Nintendo console.

Namco said they were deciding on whether to put a new Ridge Racer on Wii U or just Unbounded. I'm pretty sure they'll support Wii U.

The lack of Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Rising is very disappointing. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but is it possible they could be trying to mislead people due to NDAs and then announce the games at E3?

frostbyte

Namco said they were deciding on whether to put a new Ridge Racer on Wii U or just Unbounded. I'm pretty sure they'll support Wii U.

The lack of Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Rising is very disappointing. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but is it possible they could be trying to mislead people due to NDAs and then announce the games at E3?

Wouldn't they just say no comment instead of 'we're not doing a wii u port' or in Tomb Raider's case 'if we were doing a wii u version, we would've created it differently'?

Vinci

Danish
Wouldn't they just say no comment instead of 'we're not doing a wii u port' or in Tomb Raider's case 'if we were doing a wii u version, we would've created it differently'?

I would think so. I have no doubt that many 3rd parties will get caught with their pants down on the Wii U the same as they did with the Wii. Don't fret too much about it. It won't happen with all of them.

You sober, that would be new :)

whoa easyy there peal. II thought of something sick though, of initendo would use the controller when mario goes down a pipe you know ;like the game mvoes on to the controler. probablytought of already but whatever OI thought it was pretty cool.

AzaK

So.. I'm about to go to bed, then wake-up, and then drive deep into the middle of nowhere for the weekend (i.e., visiting in-laws in the middle of squeal-like-a-pig Mississippi).

Before I go, a question to all:
if you were given a gift - one item of information about the Wii U, be it an internal component, a launch title, the planned launch date, the pricing, etc... what would that one item be?
GPU. The rest I'm comfortable with so would be nice to know this.

I don't expect an huge game changing secret feature - I'm totally fine with the controller.
I think NFC tech was the feature. We heard of a 'secret' then a couple of days later heard about NFC.

Did anyobody notice in this one UPad looks like a Nunchank from a side view?
No, I though it looked like the profile of a rather sexy duck.

No one's gonna buy MoH when you can buy TS4 and Metroid Space Federation: The Tale of Anthony Higgs by Retro Studios at launch.
Forever hopeful aye Ace? :)

Guys stop talking about math and shit,. I'm drunk riht now,. can't even handle that.

so anything n ew?
I guess you missed the full spec reveal then?

Cookychan

Banned
whoa easyy there peal. II thought of something sick though, of initendo would use the controller when mario goes down a pipe you know ;like the game mvoes on to the controler. probablytought of already but whatever OI thought it was pretty cool.

INNIT-tendo.
The chav Nintendo.

I crossed 300 posts, I'm still a junior. Maybe I got the timing wrong. Iunno

I guess you missed the full spec reveal then?
wat!?! what was it was assiasinbg right int he end? ZELDAAAAAAAAAAAA. Forreal though I know acebandawg was joking bu who the hell would even buy medal of honor when you can buy timeplsiters. Would take a pretty crazy person.

INNIT-tendo.
The chav Nintendo.

I crossed 300 posts, I'm still a junior. Maybe I got the timing wrong. Iunno
no idea what yuojust said but I'm pretty sure Ir respect it.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
INNIT-tendo.
The chav Nintendo.

I crossed 300 posts, I'm still a junior. Maybe I got the timing wrong. Iunno [/SPOILER
You have to have been registered on the site for a certain amount of time as well. I believe three months.

Edit: how much exactly did you drink pyro? Lol

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions

Yes, well Crystal Dynamics pretty much said Tomb Raider wasn't happening, but afaik nothing has been said about Metal Gear and Castlevania coming to Wii U. I think there's a slim chance it could happen. Kojima's comments were about Project Ogre IIRC.

One of the reasons I think there's a chance is because the Contra teaser was rumored to be coming a Nintendo system.

D-Pad

Four Swords Adventures did this didn't it? Everyone plays together on the TV but when you entered a cave the action moved down to the GBA screen.

You have to have been registered on the site for a certain amount of time as well. I believe three months.

Edit: how much exactly did you drink pyro? Lol
the sad part s this is my trying be myest to type normally. I made the mnistake of mixing shit.

Whatever. Also I'm wiliing to go on the record that no good games will ever come from the cryengine engine or fostbite engine that ISNT from crytek and ea (or whatver). Book it.

Four Swords Adventures did this didn't it? Everyone plays together on the TV but when you entered a cave the action moved down to the GBA screen.
I dono I played 4 sords for like 2 mins, not intothe whole forced coop thing. Just awkward otherwise.

Fredrik

But it's a quite intelligent approach, rather than many do which is just quick ports ready for launch, that barely use any strength of the system and end giving the wrong impression to the developer/publisher. Just look at the disaster of Splinter Cell Double Agent on Wii.
To me this is a bad sign. A sign that rather than making sure that WiiU will get all top third party games it will just get some of them instead, and while it may get the best version in some occasions it will certainly get the worst and weirdest version that nobody really wants in other occasions.

And the thing is, they really don't need to make the games from the ground up with WiiU in mind to make sense on this console, they could just free some space on the game screen by lifting some info, a map or inventory down to the Upad and it would automatically be the definitive version at least for me. Aiming by moving the Upad around or other "popular" WiiU exclusive functionalities that may take some extra development time to perfect may work in some games but not all.

for all those wanting something from GDC:

i swear u guys are as bad at finding loopholes in getting news then Patcher is at making predicitons. do u honestly think they're gonna give final specs? why would they give final anything b4 a big show like E3?

i swear u guys are as bad at finding loopholes in getting news then Patcher is at making predicitons. do u honestly think they're gonna give final specs? why would they give final anything b4 a big show like E3?
IT'S JUST AN INVESTORS BRIEFING GUYS, WHY WOULD THEY SAY ANYTHING WORTHWHILE

*fast forward*

THURSDAYTON.

nuff said, thats why.

Is this drunken posting a one time thing? Or will we always get hilarious Pyromaniac from now on?

no joke I read this post like 8 times then scroled up and down over and over trying to find out who the hell pyromaniac was so I can see what was so fnny.

needless to say I'm going to sleep now. one time thing, engagement party of cousin, meh.

linko9

Just caught wind of this Timesplitters & Dead Space rumor. I pray to god it's true. Any idea how reliable the rumor is?

TriGen

People are just getting excited because there is suppose to be some behind closed doors stuff and if the Wii U is shown behind closed doors at GDC then we will have major leaks before E3. You can't show any journalist something and not have it spill.

antonz

Just caught wind of this Timesplitters & Dead Space rumor. I pray to god it's true. Any idea how reliable the rumor is?

Pretty reputable sources are saying crytek has a closed doors showing of something Wii U at GDC. We will either get lucky and someone with loose lips will say something or we will be waiting til E3. Crytek has openly discussed the fact UK is the studio that was experimenting with the devkits.

TriGen

I am very hyped for the Wii U, the only thing that im premptively dissapointed about regarding launch/launch window is that Nintendo doesn't usually have a game from one franchise come out for two platforms in one year. What I mean is Paper Mario, 2D Mario, Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 2, Kingdom Hearts 3D, are all coming out for the 3DS, and while that's great for my 3DS all those games above I want more then any game that's been speculated about for the Wii U.

I really hope Nintendo has a few big first party games in that launch window because even though I'll pick up the Wii U day 1, multi-plat games never get me excited for a new system, third party support is obviously huge for a consoles long term success but when it comes to launch window purchases I can't get excited for games that are available for older consoles I already have, I guess I'm not a graphics whore so a game being a superior version doesn't really draw me in.

I'm still holding out hope though based off Nintendo's comments about how important good first party games are at launch, I remeber when they said if Mario had been available earlierfor the 3DS sales would have probaly picked up quicker even without a price cut. That's what I'm holding out hope for, that just because the 3DS is getting all these exclusives that doesn't mean the Wii U won't have multiple exclusives at launch.

So anyway based off speculation what seems to be the majority guess when it comes to how many exclusives will be in the launch window?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Not sure if already posted but Nintendo and Crytek booths are right next to each other at GDC. Link.

Yeah it's been said a couple of times. AMD is also right next to Nintendo. Together the layout actually creates the tri-force. This is one of the main reasons why we expect some new information.

TriGen

The one on the left looks infinitely better.

Hopefully that's how the newly unvealed Wii U controller will look at E3 this year.

I agree, the old design looks better, I wonder why they bothered to change it for E3 2011 in the first place when they were obviously going to change a lot of stuff by E3 2012 anyway. They could have went with the old design last E3 and seen the reaction and then changed it later if they wanted.

+Aliken+

Wait but which is newer the one on the left or the right?
If the one on the right is the E3 version when was the original version shown (if it was shown earlier)?

I started thinking bout the ratio of eyeball imagination to hands experience and my mind blew. K guyz im going to sleep night. Hopefully alberto gets unbanned tomorrow and reveals some shocking information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom