• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pathetic Enemies you shouldn't die to, but still did anyway....

Timeaisis

Yeah, Bloodborne crows...They ended a no death run :'D They barely move, flail about linearly ,but they still killed me (at least)once XD

latest

What about you ?

Great pick, OP. I know I shouldn't get hit, but damn sometimes they're unpredictable.

IrishNinja

you can't really argue with any of the souls series votes; yeah, there's some with easy patterns, but especially on new game + you can get your shit fucked right up quickly by seemingly weak guys

54442-sega_ages_fantamfrwj.jpg

Everything in Fantasy Zone.

Everything.

yeah, this is also an excellent choice right here

Goldboy

I die from random torch zombies in DS so often it's become a running gag between me and my friend.

That's okay, his running gag is any rat.

Don't feel too bad, I've completed Dark Souls dozens of times and I still fear those goddamn torch hollows and their insane damage output.

Lork

Don't feel too bad, I've completed Dark Souls dozens of times and I still fear those goddamn torch hollows and their insane damage output.
Yep. "Random shitty hollow with a torch" is secretly one of the most dangerous things in all of Soulsdom.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I died to a crab in Dark Souls 3 once.

Not the big crabs. Those tiny little crabs in the water.

I was fighting two guys, had beaten one, was at low health but felt confident I was about to finish off the other... and then I suddenly died.

It turns out one of those little crabs had snuck up on me while I was fighting those guys and nipped me in the foot.

Yep, I remember those fuckers got me good once. And I hadn't saved in a while. Went back to that river and burned them all to hell. From a distance, anyway....

The worse part is those little bastards killed me right after I killed a dragon. I nuked them from the map and deleted their corpses with the console.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I knew people would mention Souls games, but the basic enemies don't count. They're there specifically to teach you not to underestimate any enemy. So they're not pathetic. Actually, some of them will kill you quicker than later enemies given half a chance.

Erevador

I died to each of these bosses 50+ times each, most I died to any bosses in any Souls game I played (demon's, dark and dark ii).

I beat Ornstein and Smough on my third try, and beat the Demon's Souls Maneaters on my first try. but the rats, bro
It's funny what bosses give different people trouble in Souls. I destroyed Ornstein and Smough on my first try and was surprised to learn people found them so hard, but equally shocked to hear other people skated right through Quelaag.

I fought that spider woman fruitlessly for DAYS.

HeelPower

I dunno man.

I am certain these guys consistently killed many players.

Their shielded variations can be pretty tough I think.The first one in undead asylum is pretty hard to kill at first.

Great pick, OP. I know I shouldn't get hit, but damn sometimes they're unpredictable.

In my recent playthrough I am consistently getting hit by them.

In my first playthrough I had 0 problems with them.

Very weird.

Widge

I did have a habit of doing the 1-1 bridge on Demon's Souls late game with a large sense of overconfidence before finding that I was actually in dire straits to the flailing bastards.

Keikaku

Gonna have to say Goomba's in general. They're basically terrible enemies that you mostly just breeze through; that's pretty much their whole purpose. However, every once in a great while, when I'm on low health or something trying to kill one can suddenly turn into a much more harrowing affair than it should and I inevitably die >.>

Justinh

Oh, I don't need to heal yet. It's just one of these guys.

WdK1kWE.png

OMG! I didn't expect him to jump then!

(*or... he knocks you in lava)

i don't know how, but my all my team in tales of berseria died in 2 second against a bunch of normal monster that i never had any problem before....

I lost 1h30 of gameplay, not that big of a deal, but i was mad and sad at the same time

Davey Cakes

It's funny what bosses give different people trouble in Souls. I destroyed Ornstein and Smough on my first try and was surprised to learn people found them so hard, but equally shocked to hear other people skated right through Quelaag.

I fought that spider woman fruitlessly for DAYS.
I skated through both O&S and Quelaag easily, the former on the first try.

NG+ was a different story, but only for O&S, where I took many tries and had to beef up my strategy. I actually had an easier time with Quelaag there, though. She's pretty basic.

I thought I was the only one who got overwhelmed by some of the hollows, though. DS loves to let you know not to underestimate ANYTHING, really.

Allen Poe

I think I died to one of the basic enemies in the starting prison in Dark Souls 1.
Some bats pushed me to my death in Nioh
My 11 year old niece can legit beat me in UMvC3 if she's using easy mode (does that count?)

I have died plenty of times to the grunt-type enemies in games. A lack of concentration, because of what they are, usually contributes to this. If anything they are more problematic than tougher enemies because of this.

Recall

Playing Smite and after an early invasion you survive a mass team fight with a few hit points left and get took out by a random Archer minion.

not_like_this_matrix.gif

Cheerilee

Slime from Dragon Quest/Warrior 1.

They're not a threat but... it's the start of the game and I'm working my way towards my first level by killing the slimes around town, and I'm starting to get worn down and I should probably step into the inn and rest, but... the inn is so expensive (even though it's literally peanuts) and I'm just like one or two slimes away from a promotion. I can kill one more slime before I rest, just one more, I'm sure I can do it. Nope. I'm dead. I should have quit while I was ahead.

pa22word

Those piggies were tanks. They damn near got me too. I wouldn't have been ashamed if they did, they weren't messing around.

Og ds2 pc with the framerate weapon durability bug meant that they were a true nightmare, with most people were reduced to fists by the time they killed them, especially if they were going dex lol x_x

Mohonky

Decided to see what the big deal with WoW was once. Came across a pig, it killed me. I uninstalled and never bothered again.

Timeaisis

I dunno man.

I am certain these guys consistently killed many players.

Their shielded variations can be pretty tough I think.The first one in undead asylum is pretty hard to kill at first.

In my recent playthrough I am consistently getting hit by them.

In my first playthrough I had 0 problems with them.

Very weird.

It's gotta be their ungodly sounds. What a fright fest.

The first boss in Metroid Prime 2, on hard mode. What's it callled? Dark Grasshopper with Claws, something like that.

Granted, it's a boss, and it's hard mode...but it's just a big insect. And yet, it killed me on (I think) my first hard mode playthrough on the Gamecube and Wii.

It's embarrassing. The rest of the game, I was fine. Not saying I didn't die any more, but those deaths weren't humiliating.

Top Bottom