• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skulldead

At this rate im going to receive my oddworld card before the game... i send like 3 email every 2 weeks because youve cancel my triple pack and i choose a option you gave me. And ive got 0 news about shipping. Still hold firewatch in hostage at the same time. Can you give update about this.. Im usualy patient.. but this is ridiculous.

blazeuk

Hey guys do we know if the hold system is back in action yet I would love to use it for some of these lower runs,

I think they said they were looking into other methods of dealing with it since the hold service was going to cause tons of extra work for them, I'm not sure we'll see it return in the same way it's currently being used by some of us.

I was actually thinking about the hold service the other day when combining orders and that worry of my order now becoming quite large. Last time the new LRG box arrived it was only sealed by a single circular piece of tape which had broken - I'm guessing it might have just been the cold weather that caused it but the games could have easily just gone missing in the post, hopefully the large orders are much more secure.

Shizuka

Will there be another release next Friday or the one after it? Because if not, LRG could start shipping those orders that have been held for these weeks.

Anyone interested in buying my LRG Silver Case preorder? I will only charge exactly what it cost me.

Silver Case is the game that soured me on all future LRG releases. And after reading this news, I literally don't even want my preorder.

I feel so bad for them. They got totally fucked on that release

Ventara

Yeah, LRG really got the short end of the stick with the Silver Case. Not saying buyers shouldn't be angry, just that that anger towards LRG would be misplaced. It's not like they wanted to screw over buyers, and if anything, I feel they're probably doing their best to work things out with Suda51.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone interested in buying my LRG Silver Case preorder? I will only charge exactly what it cost me.

Silver Case is the game that soured me on all future LRG releases. And after reading this news, I literally don't even want my preorder.

Why would this ruin all future LRG releases, when this was a decision made by the Japanese side of things?

Yeah, LRG really got the short end of the stick with the Silver Case. Not saying buyers shouldn't be angry, just that that anger towards LRG would be misplaced. It's not like they wanted to screw over buyers, and if anything, I feel they're probably doing their best to work things out with Suda51.

Yeah I feel quite sorry for them. From what they've said, they were also surprised by the NISA PS4 announcement. The timing was terrible as well, just shortly before their pre-orders closed. I guess the printing delay could have been avoided with a bit more experience but quality is definitely more important than shipping on time.

Yeah I feel quite sorry for them. From what they've said, they were also surprised by the NISA PS4 announcement. The timing was terrible as well, just shortly before their pre-orders closed. I guess the printing delay could have been avoided with a bit more experience but to me quality is definitely more important than shipping on time.

Fixed.

If I were a scalper (i.e. a core part of LRG's customer base), my main interest would be making a quick buck. Constant delays would hurt my "business model".

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Fixed.

If I were a scalper (i.e. a core part of LRG's customer base), my main interest would be making a quick buck. Constant delays would hurt my "business model".

Oh noes! Then you can't sell it on eBay within that 30-day policy!!!

As a collector, and someone that opens them all anyways, I'm a pretty patient person (which I guess can be a rarity in the gaming world). Heck, here I am also worried on the Summon Nights set from Gaijinworks, as well :p Those are always a wait!

Oh noes! Then you can't sell it on eBay within that 30-day policy!!!

As a collector, and someone that opens them all anyways, I'm a pretty patient person (which I guess can be a rarity in the gaming world).

Yup, same. It's why I don't really care about the delay. It's also why I wish they did preorders with a large window to get your order in like this for all the games instead of the normal way. But since resellers are such a large percentage of their business it isn't ideal for them to do it that way.

Carnby

Why would this ruin all future LRG releases, when this was a decision made by the Japanese side of things?

A combination of too many releases in a short time, my "gotta have them all" mentality causing me to buy something that I didn't want in the first place, and then immediately learning after purchasing this will be an all around inferior version.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
A combination of too many releases in a short time, my "gotta have them all" mentality causing me to buy something that I didn't want in the first place, and then immediately learning after purchasing this will be an all around inferior version.

Immediately? It's like 4 months later.

I can understand being soured on it, but it's really not on LRG that the devs decided to put more content in the PS4 version.

Carnby

Yeah... but you said superior version.

It was only revealed a couple days ago that the PS4 version was getting some extra content now. Which would make it superior.

Considering that LRG specializes in console and handheld gaming, and I am their target audience, it's safe to say it being a PS4 version alone makes it superior.

mollipen

One comment I'll make on Curses & Chaos is that the cover art is super dark. As someone who has worked in print mags for a long time, I know how tough it can be to print darker artwork and get the balance right (while also factoring in the paper type).

Obviously it's not my call, but my suggestion would be to try to do more brightly-colored covers whenever possible. Brighter colors pop far more and you have less chance of having details all wash together—which I think is especially important for physical releases that are meant to feel "special".

Dark covers are dangerous business, is what I'm saying!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Considering that LRG specializes in console and handheld gaming, and I am their target audience, it's safe to say it being a PS4 version alone makes it superior.

Ah. You should have just said you would have preferred a console version from the start.
I don't care personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom