• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT7| Tough Love

PixelatedBookake

I finally got her number and...she rarely respond my texts �������� I mean come on �� why you act like you like me in real life to only to ignore me on whatsapp ��

But I guess sometimes it happens.

Try only texting her about future dates/ scheduling. That way you can save your good convos for when you're in person and if you don't get replies back you can move on easily.

Meifu

I think this was the last nail on the coffin.

I couldn't stand this anxiety anymore so I called her and decided to keep insisting until she answered me, I tried several times till she turned off her phone.................. but it seems she regret it because two minutes later she finally called back. We talk for about 10 minutes and she was only saying sorry over and over and over again, but everytime I asked her "What the heck is going on!!?" she only sighed and said sorry over and over to the point she started crying, I started crying too saying "it's okay, seriously, just tell me exactly why you have been acting like this with me this whole time!?" I even told her that I can't barely concentrate on my daily activities because of this. She only said that she feels impotent and very sorry for having me living with all this uncertainty, but that is not because of us. Suddenly she said she needed to hang the phone but that she will message me back in an hour or two... And surprise, it's been almost 4 hours since she said that and she hasn't message back. I called her few minutes ago and another surprise, she turned off her phone and it seems she also deleted fb messenger (or probably blocked me, fml). Seriously, if I wasn't that worried with this, now I am at the fullest. And very pissed off too to be honest.

Thank you for your advice. This definitely will not end well but I gotta be prepared for the worst now. When I was talking to her, she said very vaguely that we can talk on saturday but judging by the way she said it, it probably was just for the sake of saying something.

Yeah I seriously cannot believe the amount of mistery and suffering with her. Like, come on, this is starting to get mentally dangerous for both of us when everything can be solved if she just had a few minutes to talk! I guess soon I would be another lonely soul on the "break-up season" thread.

Thank you very much for your words of support, guys. It's going to be a looong night for me with this situation. This weeked is going to be a decesive one. I still have hopes that this is just her going through a very very difficult depressive state but that perhaps she still wants to continue on this or she really will end everything, even though I would feel like shit knowing she is going away but still feeling pretty down. I'm just hoping for the best even if the best doesn't look too bright right now.

Jesus man, thats rough. Definitely time to dump/ end it, b/c like everyone else is saying thats over already, no point in stringing it out

Sygma

Know only the truth, there are no leagues. Twice in my life when I've been with different women I've been told "How did HE get HER!" and "No offense mate, I'm proper jealous your shagging a bird that fit". You do it by not losing your shit because she's attractive, not treating her different and in fact ignore her looks. Sure there will be a lot of thirsty dudes trying to one up each other for her attention. Don't play the game, just ask for the date and take the L if she says no.

Exactly, it's just perception. Of course if her instincts are more attuned to the social etiquette, in that case you take the no and move on to the next one. If you as a dude are chasing the gal you're doing it wrong anyway

Sygma

I finally got her number and...she rarely respond my texts �������� I mean come on �� why you act like you like me in real life to only to ignore me on whatsapp ��

But I guess sometimes it happens.

Slap yourself for two seconds.

First of all you let her call. When she does you make a plan and carry on. If she's not interested about meeting up "ok cool, well let me know when you change your mind" and get out of the phone.

Save the convos and all of that for when you ll meet in person, phone is really just to set dates. Stop texting all day etc it makes you look desperate

Also to the oblivious ones, when a girl is contacting you, always ask her out and nothing more

Too many creepy lurkers stalk GAF to save pictures of people for whatever the fuck they're doing for me to do shit like that.

Same. I've seen people dig up posts from like 6 years ago, last thing I need is someone posting my pic in an unrelated thread to prove a point or some shit.

Or worse, a friend or employer finds my account lol

This weekend I have three dates with three different women. Alas, I was not able to schedule them all for the same time and at the same restaurant. My dreams of reenacting that classic sitcom plot will have to wait.

Pie in the sky dream is to have to pretend to be an elderly British woman on one of them.

Try only texting her about future dates/ scheduling. That way you can save your good convos for when you're in person and if you don't get replies back you can move on easily.

I always have a small conversation before ask anyone on a date, I will wait to see if she answers the last message to ask her out.

And take the L or the W.

Llyranor

I couldn't stand this anxiety anymore so I called her and decided to keep insisting until she answered me, I tried several times till she turned off her phone.................. but it seems she regret it because two minutes later she finally called back. We talk for about 10 minutes and she was only saying sorry over and over and over again, but everytime I asked her "What the heck is going on!!?" she only sighed and said sorry over and over to the point she started crying, I started crying too saying "it's okay, seriously, just tell me exactly why you have been acting like this with me this whole time!?" I even told her that I can't barely concentrate on my daily activities because of this. She only said that she feels impotent and very sorry for having me living with all this uncertainty, but that is not because of us. Suddenly she said she needed to hang the phone but that she will message me back in an hour or two... And surprise, it's been almost 4 hours since she said that and she hasn't message back. I called her few minutes ago and another surprise, she turned off her phone and it seems she also deleted fb messenger (or probably blocked me, fml). Seriously, if I wasn't that worried with this, now I am at the fullest. And very pissed off too to be honest.
Is this how normal humans communicate? Why is she deflecting without giving you a short 1 minute answer?

Thank you for your advice. This definitely will not end well but I gotta be prepared for the worst now. When I was talking to her, she said very vaguely that we can talk on saturday but judging by the way she said it, it probably was just for the sake of saying something.
Why does it take a whole day (way more than that, really, since you've been waiting for a while) to formulate a one-minute answer.

Yeah I seriously cannot believe the amount of mistery and suffering with her. Like, come on, this is starting to get mentally dangerous for both of us when everything can be solved if she just had a few minutes to talk!
Re-read this quote five times and then break it off with her.

Is she in Guantanamo? She absolutely has a few spare minutes in her day. She just can't be bothered to spare them for you. Again, she would rather like things on fb than help alleviate this mental anguish you're going through from not knowing what's going on.

She would rather like things on fb than help alleviate this mental anguish you're going through from not knowing what's going on.

she would rather like things on fb than help alleviate this mental anguish you're going through from not knowing what's going on.

That new stranger things bar is by far the best place in town for finding fun girls.... it sucks you have to wait so long to get in though.

Adam I'm sorry to hear about your situation, honestly I think you might need to end it if she can't genuinely communicate with you. Communication is one of the most important aspects of a relationship along with trust. I've struggled with depression, I've had friends struggle with it and dated women who struggle with it including my current girl and I'll never negatively judge someone because they deal with it. However I find that it's no excuse to ignore the people you are closest too, depressed or not that's no way to treat your SO, you are obviously unhappy about it I think you need to make your stand on what you really want.

Ernest

Banned
... It's one possible timeline.

Thanks for the comments. It's good to get some outside perspective just so I don't get too acclimated in my own bubble.

Speaking of which, what ha been people's experience here with dating vegans?

I don't mean what it's like to date vegans, but, to use videogame parlance, what's your "encounter rate" with vegans in the dating world?

Me, while the % of vegans in my personal life (friends, family, co-workers, etc) is roughly 2%, but out of the women I have met while dating, it's close to 50%. That's a huge disparity. And nothing wrong with being vegan, nor dating one (though I do love going on dates to tasty restaurants and sharing a wide variety of things), it seems that single women, especially those without children are far, FAR more likely to be vegan.

Is that your experience as well?

LordKasual

Banned
I was making out with this girl at the pub. We did some shots. Super hot nurse. Wanted to come home with me and I was going to take her home and then she started doing the stumbly so I was like "ahh sheeit you're too drunk" so I sent her home in a cab. She texted me saying thank you for sending her home and wants to hang out in a few days. Feelin her for sure. Been texting back and forth all day. And shes been sending me snaps all day.

But after I sent her off in the cab I met another girl who ended coming back with. Now she just texted me and is coming over again tonight. I like this one too, shes cool but I'm really feelin the other one.

I can actually see something potentially happening with one of them.

Alllthough now that I think about it the one that came over last night said some kinda ignorant shit so I dunno. Ill probe her a bit more when she comes over tonight I guess.

The Hookup Chronicles OT

I don't mean what it's like to date vegans, but, to use videogame parlance, what's your "encounter rate" with vegans in the dating world?

Not too terribly high?

But every time, it feels like getting a really nice item drop with a dreadful hidden negative passive roll

Thanks for the comments. It's good to get some outside perspective just so I don't get too acclimated in my own bubble.

Speaking of which, what ha been people's experience here with dating vegans?

Me, while the % of vegans in my personal life (friends, family, co-workers, etc) is roughly 2%, but out of the women I have met while dating, it's close to 50%. That's a huge disparity. And nothing wrong with being vegan, nor dating one (though I do love going on dates to tasty restaurants and sharing a wide variety of things), it seems that single women, especially those without children are far, FAR more likely to be vegan.

Is that your experience as well?

I've never dated a vegan, but every vegan I've met was annoying af. I'm okay with their choices in life. Hell, I even agree with some of their points. But don't judge me or try to make me stop eatting meat.

Ernest

Banned
I've never dated a vegan, but every vegan I've met was annoying af. I'm okay with their choices in life. Hell, I even agree with some of their points. But don't judge me or try to make me stop eatting meat.
One vegan I know personally is definitely annoying AF about it. But all the women I've gone out with who have been vegan have been very chill about it. I remember going to a pizza place with one, while she got a slice of vegan pizza, she was the one that suggested I get their meat lovers pizza, amusingly called "Meat Jesus". So absolutely no attempt at converting me. But then they're probably just being initially more tolerant about it and it might become more of an issue later on?

giphy.gif

Are you going out like every day? Seems you got new story for every day :D
I was going out like 4 or 5 times a week all summer but so far this month its been like once or twice a week. I'm weening off. Ideally I'd like to get down to like once a month.

Seriously, what the fuck do you look like?
We don't know what the women look like ;)
Lol

I thought you were gonna not do that and work on yourself or something

It's officially fall now too

Too many creepy lurkers stalk GAF to save pictures of people for whatever the fuck they're doing for me to do shit like that.
Yeah I know I said that. I still am doing better than I was for sure and will keep working on it but the whole neighbours bday with a bunch of cuties was too much for me to pass up. And I just happened to meet a few nice ones that night. I'm addicted to women and booze. Its tough. I havent had a smoke in a week so thats good!! And now that I have a few potentials going on I can just focus my attention there instead of trying to go meet anything new. Just sitting at home alone gets rough after a few days.

And yeah I get that about the lurkers.

And, date canceled this weekend. A school commitment came up, and she has to work Saturday night anyway.

She apologized and immediately counter-offered with Sunday, but she warned me that it depended on how much work she’s able to complete over the weekend; she also preemptively said she’d feel terrible if she canceled on me again.

I said it was okay and that we’d shoot for Sunday.

Her schedule is going to be difficult to work around.

Salamando

One vegan I know personally is definitely annoying AF about it. But all the women I've gone out with who have been vegan have been very chill about it. I remember going to a pizza place with one, while she got a slice of vegan pizza, she was the one that suggested I get their meat lovers pizza, amusingly called "Meat Jesus". So absolutely no attempt at converting me. But then they're probably just being initially more tolerant about it and it might become more of an issue later on?

The one vegan I dated (late 20's) was okay with me eating meat. The more practical issue was finding places to dine at. Can't just walk down the street and duck into a random restaurant - often enough they'd have nothing she likes! Instead dinnertime consisted of 15 minutes of Yelp and menu browsing.

We ate a lot of Indian, Mexican, and Thai....

afroguy10

Just sitting at home alone gets rough after a few days.

I get that, I broke up with my girlfriend 8 days ago and I'm already going through to Glasgow this weekend to see a uni friend for a piss up, going back to Glasgow next weekend to see my old flat mate for another piss up and then going down to London the week after that to see my friend and his wife down there for another major piss up.

I'm looking forward to it, especially now that I'm single!

artsi

That my mom's friend suggested that I go to her place tomorrow night and we watch 50 shades of grey as it happens to come from TV that time.

This is going to go either very well or very badly, lol.

Got a date lined up for Saturday night. I get pretty nervous about dating but I'm trying to be proactive and conquer that fear by going on more.

I get that, I broke up with my girlfriend 8 days ago and I'm already going through to Glasgow this weekend to see a uni friend for a piss up, going back to Glasgow next weekend to see my old flat mate for another piss up and then going down to London the week after that to see my friend and his wife down there for another major piss up.

I'm looking forward to it, especially now that I'm single!
Its definitely fun getting back out there. Just got to be careful because its almost a little too much fun. I let myself get a little carried away. Sounds like you got a fun month planned though man. Hope its a blast.

Got a date lined up for Saturday night. I get pretty nervous about dating but I'm trying to be proactive and conquer that fear by going on more.
Good luck toad. Snap me if anything cool happens 😉

FyreWulff

That my mom's friend suggested that I go to her place tomorrow night and we watch 50 shades of grey as it happens to come from TV that time.

she wants to fuck. just be aware that 50 shades is a shit representation of BDSM. Watching 50 shades at home is blatant as fuck tho, lol

Raptomex

And I'm very eager to know what happens next.

LordKasual

Banned

if you don't end up fucking then literally everything went wrong

enjoy

Well she's not that close, they mostly know each other via their hobby (horses) and facebook. She knows all horse people over here anyway.

¯_(ツ)_/¯
Red flag @ the bolded

Im kidding around but in my experience, horse people are nutso.

No offense to your mom.

artsi

Red flag @ the bolded

Im kidding around but in my experience, horse people are nutso.

No offense to your mom.

I’ve been around them for my whole life so I’m also nutso I guess, lol.

Maybe that’s my problem, I’ve been dating too sane people so far and I need some BDSM loving crazy horse ladies in my life.

Me and my girl are into BDSM it's fun, I've only experimented with it a bit in a past relationship but we've decided to embrace it and explore our sexuality with it.

PixelatedBookake

Well the date I had today cancelled fifteen minutes before the date. Oh well. She didn't try to schedule future plans so that might be over with. On the other hand, I did finally talk to this girl in my Science/Society class (thanks to the advice in the thread) and we had a pretty good convo. Didn't have a chance to get her number, so I'll just ask her out in person next week.

Thank you very much for your words of support, guys. It's going to be a looong night for me with this situation. This weeked is going to be a decesive one. I still have hopes that this is just her going through a very very difficult depressive state but that perhaps she still wants to continue on this or she really will end everything, even though I would feel like shit knowing she is going away but still feeling pretty down. I'm just hoping for the best even if the best doesn't look too bright right now.

Stop it mate. Do not talk to her again. If she texts or calls you, tell her it's over. If she asks, keep it simple and short. You sound like a sad, sad sap with this "one more" shit. There's loads of girls that will be more responsive and not this massive mess that you try to fix and she doesn't give much shits about afterwards.

Ignore her and assume the relationship is done. If she calls months later, you decide yourself if you wanna open it again. I wouldn't. A drama queen that appears like a really shitty gf based on your description of her.

LordKasual

Banned
But yeah it's been a hell of a month mentally due to this. The fact she doesn't even take 10 minutes to send me a straight to the point message of what is exactly happening and why she has been acting like this with me the whole month is just too much uncertainty for me to deal because I love her :( It's mentally exhausting. The first serious relationship I have in like a million years, why it had to be like this?? :(

Yeah I seriously cannot believe the amount of mistery and suffering with her. Like, come on, this is starting to get mentally dangerous for both of us when everything can be solved if she just had a few minutes to talk! I guess soon I would be another lonely soul on the "break-up season" thread.

i gotchu bro

she's not worth it. If she really wanted to fix it even a little bit, she would, but she isn't.

take the hint, remove her from your mind, focus on something else.

Stop wasting mental cycles on something that's only going to result in anger and depression

Kevtones

Happy news to dating-GAF. Moving in with my GF of almost a year in about 10 days. We're very in love and making plans for our future together. As a former 'updater' in this thread I just want to spread hope that none of us is doomed to solitude.

Even more so here, in Southern California.
I hate when cliches turn out to be accurate.

Dating in Los Angeles is crazy.

I’ve been around them for my whole life so I’m also nutso I guess, lol.

Maybe that’s my problem, I’ve been dating too sane people so far and I need some BDSM loving crazy horse ladies in my life.
Haha not that I dont like horses myself. I've owned horses and love them. But its definitely an observation I made when getting to know those in the horse circles. (Including my ex)

WolfeTone

Haha not that I dont like horses myself. I've owned horses and love them. But its definitely an observation I made when getting to know those in the horse circles. (Including my ex)

I've heard the 'horse girls are crazy' stereotype too. Makes me think I should get into horse riding to test it.

I'll echo what others have said. While it is possible you can salvage this, I don't see what the point would be. This is a month long relationship and this girl clearly needs to figure out her problems before she's ready to date. You don't need to stay in this toxic relationship.

Who even said that? Insults don't really work if you're not quoting the people you're calling garbage.

I would feel bad, sure, but I'd get over it pretty quickly. It'd be similar to being ghosted, I'd imagine. Fish in the sea, and all that. That doesn't make it okay though. I'd rather she not do that, but afterward I'd just take the L and move on, hurt feelings and all. Not trying to inflict that kind of emotional pain on anyone lol. Insecurities can be a jackass, trust me.

I ain't gonna hold you cuz, I did this exact thing when I was growing up. I would go out with some girls I didn't particularly like or found attractive. I also hung out at they're place because it would give me experience in being comfortable with talking to the opposite sex and ya know "other" experience. I kinda feel bad about it but it really did help my confidence when talking to women I was actually vibing with. Even though it was total asshole move. Like a real asshole move.

On mobile and was too lazy to quote at the early morning. But one user is thinking about to "practice" dating with people who he isn't attracted to and and admit that he will get hurt if he was the one getting "practiced". The other one have actually done it to people in the past. Regardless how "apologetic" they feel now, they were/are using people as stepping stones with little regards. Those "quotes" in my last post is just a simple summary of what they actually meant to say.

Deeda

Happy news to dating-GAF. Moving in with my GF of almost a year in about 10 days. We're very in love and making plans for our future together. As a former 'updater' in this thread I just want to spread hope that none of us is doomed to solitude.

congrats! I hope everything goes well.
I can't wait until I get to move it with my SO.

I don't even remember lol. Who is that?

The red piller that Evilore gloriously banned. He kept talking about “maxlooks” and shit like that while playing his “incel” fiddle. The fact that I even know these terms disgusts me.

That's the tough part about dating when you're a working person with a crazy schedule. A lot of my coworkers have troubles with this as well.

TBH I always thought it would be difficult to get to know someone if your life was busy, because it's harder to build intimacy when you only see them once every couple weeks or so.

Yep, I completely agree. I’m not optimistic (but I’m not pessimistic). Immediate rescheduling, the apology, and the fact that we text all the time are other useful data points. But nothing replaces spending time with someone in person.

I don’t mind someone who’s busy, but I’d like to see someone 1-2 times per week.

(Hear that, AdanVC?)

Top Bottom