• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Punisher Official Trailer

D i Z

I really don't like the Punisher as a character, but I found what they did with him in DD season 2 intriguing. I'll give this a shot.

Sephzilla

MARVEL NETFLIX BINGO!

Pick three of the following as predictions for Marvel's upcoming Punisher series. If you get all three correct, you win a prize!

1. A character will once again make a passing reference to "The Incident".
2. There will be a scene where a gang of criminals meet in a dimly-lit warehouse.
3. The central antagonist will be abruptly murdered by another character at some point in the series, only to be immediately seceded by that character as the main villain.
4. There will be a sweeping shot of the New York skyline, directly showcasing the Met-Life building, rendering Avengers Tower once again jarringly absent from the view.
5. To establish himself as a threat, the main antagonist will do something shockingly violent and gruesome to a henchman (eg. decapitate him, push him out a window)
6. We'll be treated to a direct close-up shot of an edition of "The New York Post", complete with a story related front headline.
7.There will be an elaborate fight sequence set entirely within the confines of a hallway, as captured in one, uncut take.
8. Someone will specifically make one of the following oblique references to a Marvel superhero: "the hammer guy/dude", "the guy/dude with the shield", "the big green guy/dude".
9. Claire Temple will magically show up and make a sarcastic remark whilst healing Frank's wounds.
10. The opening intro will utilize a distinctly urban motif as a means of creating a visual metaphor that will sum up the thematic backbone of the show.

my picks.

I'll go even further. #8 will refer to some wall crawler over in queens

Today I learned the best song ever written is "awful music."

HAHA

Never change, GAF.

Just when I thought I was out... they pulled me back in. Tried to watch Luke Cage, hated the first episode. Didn't try Iron Fist or The Defenders, but watched all the rest. Gonna jump straight to this, I think.

Doesn't look bad, but that trailer gave me little confidence. I liked The Punisher in Season 2 of Daredevil though, so I may give it a shot.

SpaceWolf

Banned
thank you. I've been meaning to ask, are you the same SpaceWolf that does the wood etching art?

http://www.spacewolfltd.com/

I have 2 of these, impulse purchase at NYCC one year

I can't say I am! I really wish I was though, those carvings are gorgeous.

I don't play by your rules!!

vPaOh9TUTmqqFr67I3fS_George%20Yankee%20Holler.gif

Daredevil, S2 directly mentioned that all of Frank's family were gunned down in the park, at the carousel when Frank's daughters were on the ride.

I see. Then I'm sure we're gonna be seeing that too. I'm definitely looking forward to this show. So far the Marvel shows on Netflix have been worth it. With Iron Fist being the lesser one I would say.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
MARVEL NETFLIX BINGO!

Pick three of the following as predictions for Marvel's upcoming Punisher series. If you get all three correct, you win a prize!

2. There will be a scene where a gang of criminals meet in a dimly-lit warehouse.
3. The central antagonist will be abruptly murdered by another character at some point in the series, only to be immediately seceded by that character as the main villain.
4. There will be a sweeping shot of the New York skyline, directly showcasing the Met-Life building, rendering Avengers Tower once again jarringly absent from the view.
5. To establish himself as a threat, the main antagonist will do something shockingly violent and gruesome to a henchman (eg. decapitate him, push him out a window)
6. We'll be treated to a direct close-up shot of an edition of "The New York Post", complete with a story related front headline.
7.There will be an elaborate fight sequence set entirely within the confines of a hallway, as captured in one, uncut take.
8. Someone will specifically make one of the following oblique references to a Marvel superhero: "the hammer guy/dude", "the guy/dude with the shield", "the big green guy/dude".
9. Claire Temple will magically show up and make a sarcastic remark whilst healing Frank's wounds.
10. The opening intro will utilize a distinctly urban motif as a means of creating a visual metaphor that will sum up the thematic backbone of the show.

You forgot #11. People will get knocked out a lot for contrived story purposes. I expect Frank to get jumped and knocked out like at least 3 times this season and each time he's gonna wake up and rub his head all frustrated like.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
what kind of music would you have preferred?

Good question. Something a little less overtly cheesy and a bit more authentic sounding.

Without putting it against the footage... I guess Johnny Cash is a bit overused in trailers, but his take on Mercy Seat could be quite a good fit. If it needed more power behind it, maybe some Iggy Pop? Either Search & Destroy or I Wanna Be Your Dog. They'd have to re-edit the trailer to fit any of these, mind.

Today I learned the best song ever written is "awful music."

Every day is a school day, my friend.

Good question. Something a little less overtly cheesy and a bit more authentic sounding.

Without putting it against the footage... I guess Johnny Cash is a bit overused in trailers, but his take on Mercy Seat could be quite a good fit. If it needed more power behind it, maybe some Iggy Pop? Either Search & Destroy or I Wanna Be Your Dog. They'd have to re-edit the trailer to fit any of these, mind.

Every day is a school day, my friend.
"One" by Metallica is cheesy and inauthentic?

k

You're cute. I like you.

Bet we’ll get a hallway/one-take shootout instead of a fight scene

But I do hope we get a fight as brutal as the prison fight from DD S2

Other than using a thoroughly anti-war song for Marvel's most violent show, featuring a vicious veteran bringing war to home.

I guess.

I really like the song, tho.

Frank is a product of the war and essentially part of him is what was molded by his experiences in the modern books, so it kinda does fit. The whole just pure revenge angle from the 80's was dropped long ago.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Augmented sights such as scopes are no good for taking aim at close range. That's why some rifles equipped with them also have auxiliar/backup iron sights on one side. You turn the rifle so you can aim with those.

KIIVEmQ.jpg

It looks all manners of odd at that range, though. Probably done for show.
But it doesnt look like that g36 has a scope.

I could be wrong though.

Yeah, I was thinking that it really looks like somebody feel the need to one upping JW somehow. It looks kind of lame, IMO. JW has better flow.
I would agree with this.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Could we finally get something close to DD s1 quality again with this? That was a great trailer, it's been a long time since I've been excited for a Netflix Marvel series. I stopped caring after JJ, but this looks very promising.

Could we finally get something close to DD s1 quality again with this? That was a great trailer, it's been a long time since I've been excited for a Netflix Marvel series. I stopped caring after JJ, but this looks very promising.
In Steve Lightfoot we trust

He was the co-writer on most of Hannibal Season 2 and 3, including everyone’s favorite finale

Sephzilla

It did, my boy, it did.

I will say that if Kilgrave is my favorite Netflix villain then Kingpin is like my 1b. He's awesome too. Both them are easily the best villains in the entire MCU too.

I just preferred Kilgrave because the dude had the ability to be a legit world-threatening villain and instead he used his powers to do extremely personal, violating, and psychologically fucked up shit to people, which to me is terrifyingly evil.

The most terrifying thing Kilgrave ever did in my eyes was make that dude throw coffee into his own face with the same tone of voice that you'd order the damn coffee

He could've been the biggest monster in history but was too goddamn petty and awful to even have any ambition beyond fucking with Jessicaaaaaaaaaa

SpaceWolf

Banned
The most terrifying thing Kilgrave ever did in my eyes was make that dude throw coffee into his own face with the same tone of voice that you'd order the damn coffee

He could've been the biggest monster in history but was too goddamn petty and awful to even have any ambition beyond fucking with Jessicaaaaaaaaaa

That's exactly how it should have been, though. Jessica Jones should never be a show about Jessica trying to save the world from a criminal mastermind. Jessica is basically a character who's struggling with PTSD, whilst having to deal with a sleazy, fucked up stalker. That's inherently more relatable and interesting than Jessica trying to stop Kilgrave from hypnotizing the whole of New York through their television sets, or some other such kind of campy nonsense.

The show had a lot of flaws, but I felt they handled Killgrave as a character and his subsequent powerset pretty much perfectly.

You're reading that wrong, I really like that they did that

Dude froze a whole police station at once just to give her shit and ask her out

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
In Steve Lightfoot we trust

He was the co-writer on most of Hannibal Season 2 and 3, including everyone's favorite finale

Yeah that's very promising. Hannibal season 2 was great, never finished s3 :/

And Kilgrave was the only redeeming factor of JJ, definitely.

Geist-

MARVEL NETFLIX BINGO!

Pretty sure I've already seen 7 in the trailer, and 2 and 9 are pretty much guaranteed.

Augmented sights such as scopes are no good for taking aim at close range. That's why some rifles equipped with them also have auxiliar/backup iron sights on one side. You turn the rifle so you can aim with those.

KIIVEmQ.jpg

It looks all manners of odd at that range, though. Probably done for show.

Also, there's no scope in the scene.

Top Bottom