• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

antitrop

When two Mercies are left alone on the payload

WnvxlMd.gif

what time are the usual updates pushed? i know theres a maintenance between 7-9am CST today. i was going to leave my computer on but didn't know if they'll push a launcher update as well which requires a restart. wanted the OW update to happen so when i get home i didn't have to worry about waiting.

Yo PS4 GAF, what would you say your best roles are? I was analyzing the six stack from earlier and I noticed that Owzers and Pooh were by far better supports than what I could play. :( I feel like I'm gonna be stuck playing DPS if I want to get to Masters this season, but it seemed like it was my best role when we were playing today.

I usually end up playing flex when I stack with GAF and fill the role that isn't there. Like I'm a decent Rein but not as good as Owzers, a good Junkrat/76 but not as good as Lik, an alright Zenyatta but not as good as NP, a fine Tracer but not as good as Vault...

I think the main role I end up playing is tank though. I've gotten a lot better with Roadhog and can still kick ass with DVa. I just wish Winston was more viable. I'll probably end up adding Orisa to my repertoire as well.

Cappa

Banned
I usually end up playing flex when I stack with GAF and fill the role that isn't there. Like I'm a decent Rein but not as good as Owzers, a good Junkrat/76 but not as good as Lik, an alright Zenyatta but not as good as NP, a fine Tracer but not as good as Vault...

I think the main role I end up playing is tank though. I've gotten a lot better with Roadhog and can still kick ass with DVa. I just wish Winston was more viable. I'll probably end up adding Orisa to my repertoire as well.
I wish we had a great Winston... He's so good and so undervalued. You should play him more :)

Paltheos

I enjoy playing him in the right situations and really enjoy making sniper lives miserable. But the opportunities are just so rare. D:

I'm getting more Winston play myself, usually in QP since he's still def. my weakest tank. I'm picking him specifically to torture enemy Widowmakers. Insofar as I'm capable, I refuse to let them have fun.

rulerk1

Met a friendly reaper last night who asked me to help him get his one clip trophy and he would do the same for me. Before adding me to a party he kept saying hi over and over. Something about aplague skin reaper being friendly is just so funny

LiK

Yo PS4 GAF, what would you say your best roles are? I was analyzing the six stack from earlier and I noticed that Owzers and Pooh were by far better supports than what I could play. :( I feel like I'm gonna be stuck playing DPS if I want to get to Masters this season, but it seemed like it was my best role when we were playing today.

There's nothing wrong with playing your best heroes to climb. This is especially true in stacks cuz matches will get sweaty against other stacks. We were messing around in QP last night and got steamrolled by another stack more than once. I didn't find that fun, tbh which was why I went back to playing a bit more seriously.

I know I'm good with Junk, Soldier and Zen. I know I can be relied on to do well with them. Other heroes I'm good to decent with. There's a handful I will never play in Comp. If other people pick the ones I'm proficient with then don't expect my best performance. If you're good with DPS then by all means choose a DPS hero. We got plenty of guys who play Support already. I can't even choose Zen half the time cuz you guys always lock in a Support anyway in our stacks.

Like I said before in this forum, I don't care who people play as long as they're good with them.

I enjoy playing him in the right situations and really enjoy making sniper lives miserable. But the opportunities are just so rare. D:

When Winston bubble CD buff comes out, that should be a good time.

Happy days!

Yeah but NEWCIO / BOOSTIO is in from day one so this'll be fun.

Also something I'd like to vent about:

If you're Mercy, and we're defending, and you have ult, and the enemy team uses ults to attack the point DO NOT try to get out in front with your team to keep them healed.

HIDE. Let your team die, then reset with the Rez and go from there.

I lost two matches last night to stuff like this. Our Mercy would die instantly in a fight by trying to run across the point to heal someone when she had ult, whereas their Mercy would hide as far back as possible then she would just Guardian Angel in and Rez.

Yeah but NEWCIO / BOOSTIO is in from day one so this'll be fun.

Also something I'd like to vent about:

If you're Mercy, and we're defending, and you have ult, and the enemy team uses ults to attack the point DO NOT try to get out in front with your team to keep them healed.

HIDE. Let your team die, then reset with the Rez and go from there.

I lost two matches last night to stuff like this. Our Mercy would die instantly in a fight by trying to run across the point to heal someone when she had ult, whereas their Mercy would hide as far back as possible then she would just Guardian Angel in and Rez.

I don't think the Lucio changes are in this patch.

In comp, it's been almost entirely off-tanks, lately. Basically, the non-Reinhardt ones. My Roadhog has been hit or miss, recently, which is depressing. I play D.Va pretty close to a straight up solo character. Zarya has been my go-to this season. I love playing Winston but he really needs to be paired with an effective DPS to shine, not just for clean ups, but for scattering teams. And I've had nothing but problems this season in solo Q with pulling a team with effective DPS slots. No shortage of people willing to instalock that position, however...

komaruR

I think I'm destined to never hit Diamond.

Started tonight at 2700, get up to 2765 and then drop down to 2665 then back up to 2700.

I had a mercy who was high and she would only heal her boyfriend then get mad at me when I pointed it out.

Another Torb thrower.

Then I go Roadhog, McCree and Soldier to have some fun and end up dominating.

Maybe I'm done with Shieldman for now.

Like, I hate Genji with a passion but if I have to play him to climb I just might...

It pains me when I see you and Anti, people I've played with and kept up with in Diamond / Master and I've been stuck in the same 2-300 SR range for two seasons now.
You got no choice but to play your arch nemesis heros. Genji and Pharah are great for plat when people can't hit for shit. And that shitty diamond genji main from sty's overanalyzyed, if he could get to diamond with that kinda shitty genji play, i'm sure you can do better than him. Sty's advice is great, the only problem is to really don't get suck into the urge to CQC if its not for confirming kills for reset (like me :( )
Pharah is nice too but pharah really depends if your own team is aggressive enough (ie, dive comp) or not. Pharah is like a buzzing fly, if theres no other aggressor to compliment your nuisance, you're just a easy target in the sky.
I guess my best heros are Hanzo and Winston but usually i flex on dps/tank to see what is good against the enemy's comp. I do know my weakest heros are, sombra, ana (console), mercy.
Last weekend I started playing on 90/90 sens, and its tough for playing tracking heros. My tracer, soldier aim have gone to the gutter for now but surprising, I'm still good with those semi auto fire/projectile heros like, mccree, hanzo, pharah.

My situational goto heros:
Hanzo (if enemy is not an aggresive dive comp. usually my 2nd goto chioce and will switch out if dont work)
Pharah (if we need dps dive comp, usually my goto start of the game)
Winston (if we going dive comp with pharah, genji, and/or tracer in our team, and or 2nd tank)
Lucio/Zen (if we need support)
Mccree/Soldier (if we need some range dps) I need to practice my soldier on 90/90 sens now tho. I was good with him when it was 70/70.
Rein (2nd tank choice, if we need and anchor or tank)
Dva ( for stalling or against enemy heavy hitscans comp, but i suck at Dva's ult)
Torb (turret for anti flanker)

LiK

In comp, it's been almost entirely off-tanks, lately. Basically, the non-Reinhardt ones. My Roadhog has been hit or miss, recently, which is depressing. I play D.Va pretty close to a straight up solo character. Zarya has been my go-to this season. I love playing Winston but he really needs to be paired with an effective DPS to shine, not just for clean ups, but for scattering teams. And I've had nothing but problems this season in solo Q with pulling a team with effective DPS slots. No shortage of people willing to instalock that position, however...

Always good to try and be more proficient with one Support hero cuz you know most guys won't choose them in Solo Q.

AngryMoth

Not sure whether to be hyped for Orisa, her abilities are cool but seem like they will be difficult to use effectively so she could have a really high skill floor. Not sure I'm looking forward to seeing her in every one of my plat games...

rulerk1

I play tanks really or secondary healers like lucio, zen or sym depending on situation. Last season had like a 60 percent win rate with Rein/lucio. Not as high this season tho.i play Mei sometimes tho. I would love to try out Sombra in comp sometime

Cappa

Banned
I carried last night with soldier and dva went 9-1 in comp. I would play dva/s76 primarily and the occasional Zen and Lucio when no one wanted to go healer. I'm so close to master I can taste it.

Don't understand all the dva main crybabies. I think she's in a good place(yeah she's worse than pre and post buff for sure but still) certainly viable and her bomb is a game changer when you combo with zarya or rein.
Screenshot_20170321_161338.png

Always good to try and be more proficient with one Support hero cuz you know most guys won't choose them in Solo Q.

Yeah, I go Zen if I have the choice, or Lucio/Ana if he's taken. Never Mercy.

But the story of the 2800 - 2900 shuffle in soloQ has been ineffective but plentiful DPS & nobody willing to get on point if there aren't 2 tanks present.

It's kinda forced me into that scenario.

I'm a cornucopia of supports over here.

Have not been playing D.Va Tha much this season... I think it has a lot to do with the Nerf... She feels like paper.

Yo PS4 GAF, what would you say your best roles are?

On my main account, I mained Reinhardt for 3 seasons but couldn't get out of Plat. On my alt which I only got ready for comp S4, I instalocked Pharah/Tracer for Attack and Soldier for Defense, playing Lucio/Mercy or Rein/Zarya when someone got to DPS first and the other important roles were filled.

Placed mid-Plat but got to Diamond in a week of playing a couple of hours every day.

I still believe Rein is who I excel at, but I can do work as any of those other heroes, as well as Winston in KOTH maps.

LiK

I'm a cornucopia of supports over here.

Have not been playing D.Va Tha much this season... I think it has a lot to do with the Nerf... She feels like paper.

She's good with teamwork but def not as viable being a solo flanker/harasser anymore. You go dive in now and get slaughtered with how quickly she gets blown up. I barely played her this season. Her Ult is still legit if people can pull it off. I think we lost a few matches from it.

Mercy and Zen are my go tos. Lucio is coming up for me as well.

I used to main D.Va...

komaruR

On my main account, I mained Reinhardt for 3 seasons but couldn't get out of Plat. On my alt which I only got ready for comp S4, I instalocked Pharah/Tracer for Attack and Soldier for Defense, playing Lucio/Mercy or Rein/Zarya when someone got to DPS first and the other important roles were filled.

Placed mid-Plat but got to Diamond in a week of playing a couple of hours every day.

I still believe Rein is who I excel at, but I can do work as any of those other heroes, as well as Winston in KOTH maps.

Cause Rein rely on the team's dps to do their job. I feel, Rein can only initial or end the fight in plat but hard to get impactful picks without semi sacraficing yourself (which in the end still rely on team to finish the job).

i was zen yesterday for a few match. they gotten smart after they loss the first round and started going after me ;(

I grouped up with Plywood to do some QP's try some comp. can't remember if this was qp or comp but they had a pharah and someone picked 76... unsure what they did but they never took out pharah.. i look at the team and noticed they switched off him... why.

there was one game i was being distracted so i didn't have my headphones in so i kinda made the team lose because i didn't hear where pharah was at lol. our ana got pissed. or not a good ana because i don't know if they were healing people or what. this was during dorado defense.

interesting thing about oasis is trying to find a good spot as lucio. all i can think of is just running around but that's probably not a good idea. the fact they are reducing the size of his heal/speed will be interesting. maybe i just need to play the map more.

She's good with teamwork but def not as viable being a solo flanker/harasser anymore. You go dive in now and get slaughtered with how quickly she gets blown up. I barely played her this season. Her Ult is still legit if people can pull it off. I think we lost a few matches from it.

Yea. She's still viable in some situations... Like I can pull her off if the whole enemy team isn't focusing me... But that's seems to be the exception it's rare that I'm not getting from all sides with her now.

LiK

Yea. She's still viable in some situations... Like I can pull her off if the whole enemy team isn't focusing me... But that's seems to be the exception it's rare that I'm not getting from all sides with her now.

I'm glad I didn't buy golden guns for her from climbing with her in S2. Would've been a waste after the buff/nerf mess later on.

Owzers

You're only emboldening me to play Mercy in comp.

Cappa

Banned
I still use her to flank and deal with Pharahs. Her defense matrix is so good and it eats everything. Most Pharahs at diamond level don't have a frigging clue how to handle a dva flying directly in their face lol

It's so easy to get her mech back too. I don't know I feel like I have tone of success with dva and I'm always in either silver or gold elims when I use her.

LiK

I still use her to flank and deal with Pharahs. Her defense matrix is so good and it eats everything. Most Pharahs at diamond level don't have a frigging clue how to handle a dva flying directly in their face lol

It's so easy to get her mech back too. I don't know I feel like I have tone of success with dva and I'm always in either silver or gold elims when I use her.

I don't believe I've seen you use her in our stack at all.

I don't believe I've seen you use her in our stack at all.

:looking:

Top Bottom