• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming June 2017 | What Would Apple Do (WWAD)

is monument valley 2 new?

DBk88bzU0AA-Q8x.jpg

out today

Oynox

Great that there is a dedicated Games button but I really hope the App Store team will do an extraordinary great job at picking highlights. Otherwise I fear that the effect that only highlighted apps will get attention will even be stronger than now..

We'll see.

The new iPad features sound absolutely great. I think I will get a Pro sometime. Those Apple Pencil features seem a perfect fit for university. However I will get a 9.7 inch model if the prices go down now.

awp69

32 bits apps are gone.
They don't even load on iOS 11.

This will be one OS update that I will definitely be holding off on as long as possible. Honestly nothing that compelling in it to make me want to trade 32-bit apps for it.

And, again, the vast majority of people don't even know this is happening. So when iOS 11 hits and there's a LOT more apps that don't work than previous updates, I imagine there's going to be quite a few people pissed off.

Haven't heard any public campaign or warnings in the App Store itself either so far at WWDC.

Even MS has in the past had compatibility checkers for programs and games in new Windows releases.

Matt Frost

This will be one OS update that I will definitely be holding off on as long as possible. Honestly nothing that compelling in it to make me want to trade 32-bit apps for it.

Yeah im holding on iOS11 as well, at least until the "iOS11 only" games start to appear...

Shearie

As soon as I heard Monument Valley 2 was out, I went to the app store and insta-bought it. The original is probably my #1 game on iOS.

Aaron D.

Farming Simulator 18 dropped today.

Seems like there's a price error on the website, as the link puts it at $6.99 but when I purchased through my phone it was only $4.99.

Either way, yippee!!!!

I'm a bit of a geek for the franchise, so I've dropped a lot of time in both the mobile and home versions. They run on two different engines and are each released on a two year cycle. So it's FS home one year and then FS mobile the next.

Took for new for a brief spin this morning. Having spent a lot of time with mobile FS12 & FS16, FS18 looks like a nice step up over the previous versions. It doesn't reinvent the wheel, but there's a noticeable bump in presentation. Vehicles look more complex graphically and sport more moving parts. The harvesting animation is still kinda lame though. But on the flip side I did notice nice tire tracks and dust clouds trailing vehicles.

Thumbs up so far.

PittaGAF

We should all thank Killercow who is passively aggressively forcing every dev to update their apps to 64 bits.

:p

PittaGAF

I'm not sure I'm reading too much into this (possible) but I just read ios 11 has a feature that automatically deletes unused apps if you want to.

The catch is that it maintains the data so if you decide to reinstall the app, your data will be still there.

This is pretty close to something I always wanted in iOS, system wide iCloud saves.

Could be a God send for people that hoard games, play a bit then forget.

If you liked one of the best mobile game ever (Monument Valley) you'll like this one as well ;)
I do feel it's missing some of the wonder of the first, and I havent encountered anything as interesting as The Box. I'm not sure if it's a flaw with the game or because the luster has been somewhat dulled by the "more of the same" feeling

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Onirim is such a gem.

I've been curious before to get the boardgame for some time.. but the shuffling makes it a pain to play... this works so much better on mobile.

I even taught my 9 year old to play it and she's having fun.

killercow

Ordered the new iPad Pro 10.5" and I'm curious to see if any game will take advantage of that 120hz on day one. I'm not sure we even have games with uncapped framerates or if the Unreal Engine can adapt to such a scenario.

Will probably have to run a benchmark app to see it in motion.

PittaGAF

Ordered the new iPad Pro 10.5" and I'm curious to see if any game will take advantage of that 120hz on day one. I'm not sure we even have games with uncapped framerates or if the Unreal Engine can adapt to such a scenario.

Will probably have to run a benchmark app to see it in motion.

I'm really tempted myself, but I'm saving for next iPhone.
The screen must be glorious.
The Gsync of mobile.

Following up from a previous post....in iOS 11 you can OFFLOAD an app instead of deleting it.
OFFLOAD means you delete the app but NOT the data, so if you later reinstall it, all is fine.
Great for tight space and games.

killercow

The Gsync of mobile.

Following up from a previous post....in iOS 11 you can OFFLOAD an app instead of deleting it.
OFFLOAD means you delete the app but NOT the data, so if you later reinstall it, all is fine.
Great for tight space and games.

It's looking like it's quite the beast in raw power too:
GPU: https://browser.primatelabs.com/v4/compute/803254
CPU: http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/3036382

Almost as powerful as a macbook with an i7.

fr0st

Banned
Anyone here download framed?

I think it's free right now.

Anyway the game gets kinda hard at one point but you can trail and error it all the way

heringer

Having a lot of fun with a game called Soocer Star 2017. It's kind of like New Star Soccer. All the freemium traps are there though.

The Gsync of mobile.

From what I gather after watching some of the dev-focused WWDC videos, the screen doesn't actually have a variable refresh rate (like Gsync), but rather that 120 hz is easier to divide into. So you can have 24, 48, 60, or very very low (not sure how low, they didn't say).

I can't wait to try it at an Apple store.

awp69

Had thought about picking up Forma.8 on console but did look like a game that could work well on mobile.

RustyO

Yikes, when did New Star Soccer model become so stingy? Soccer Star 2017 is way more generous.

It (NSS) used to be such an awesome little game... then a couple of years ago they pushed out an update that required so much more energy just to do *anything* that totally ruined the balance of the game / heavy push towards IAP's and "Energy Drinks"

Quite a shame actually.

heringer

It (NSS) used to be such an awesome little game... then a couple of years ago they pushed out an update that required so much more energy just to do *anything* that totally ruined the balance of the game / heavy push towards IAP's and "Energy Drinks"

Quite a shame actually.

Indeed.

Do try Soocer Star 2017 though. I'm actually finding better than NSS.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I've been playing puzzle craft 2 for the past few months but recently gotten into Full of Stars

AT Games makes some really good stuff. Another Case Solved is also very good.

Top Bottom