• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Raxus

Ep was pretty dull before last few minutes. That is really just a taste of the new power these guys have.

Yeah, the powers shown during the kraken fight are all really cool but each straw hat
has an even cooler technique shown later in the FI arc (except zoro)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
GEAR THIRD
*to be continued*
FUCK YOU
On the bright side, the episode covered 1.5 chapters!

Did they cut out part of Nami's ocean current lesson? I remember her bringing up salinity and Zoro & Luffy ignoring her to talk about where Zoro was for the last two years.

ugh i was always gonna start this series some day but never got around to it :(

now i am super discouraged since there are SO MANY episodes it's like i'd have to take 2 years off work in order to watch it all at this point :(

is it TRULY worth my time or am i better off watching other (shorter) anime at this point?

now i am super discouraged since there are SO MANY episodes it's like i'd have to take 2 years off work in order to watch it all at this point :(

is it TRULY worth my time or am i better off watching other (shorter) anime at this point?

I think its never too late to start as its a pretty fun and worthy adaptation, I only started mid 2010 but started from episode 440 or so. So Im current. Though I also spent time watching from episode 1 in any free time I have when not watching other anime. Since I follow the manga Im not in any real rush to see the 400 episodes I missed.

Anth0ny

Yes. Just avoid fillers and switch to manga for Skypiea.

Long breaks are necessary after a while. One Piece burnout is a very real thing

Yup. I'm as obsessed with One Piece as they come, and I haven't watched an episode since the time skip.

That 10 episode marathon will be glorious when it happens, though.

Definitely worth it. Just know which episodes are filler, skip the OPs after you've seen them once (unless you REALLY love them) and skip the 5 minute intros when they start. When taking that into account, it's like 120-130 hours. Just imagine you're playing a long JRPG and it isn't that bad.

It won't take long IMO, the anime doesn't have many fillers, but it's loaded with fucking flashbacks, I once thought Naruto was the flashback king until I watched OP, omg this anime is pathetic with all the flashback to save themselves from going into fillers, OP needs a Kai version right after it ends...

Steroyd

It won't take long IMO, the anime doesn't have many fillers, but it's loaded with fucking flashbacks, I once thought Naruto was the flashback king until I watched OP, omg this anime is pathetic with all the flashback to save themselves from going into fillers, OP needs a Kai version right after it ends...

The flashbacks happen in the manga to, the difference between OP and Naruto is that OP's flashbacks are generally pulled from what actually happened in an episode rather than what we hadn't already seen.

And I don't see how a Kai version of OP would work, the reason DBZ was able to get away with it was because there was a lot of stare downs and power ups lasting whole episodes.

Cwarrior

I say take your time and enjoy it no need to rush to catch up once you run out of episodes your going to wish you could wipe your mind and watch it fresh again.

when I start off I was watching around 10-15 episode a week back then it was only at the jaya arc around 170eps.

It won't take that long. Each episode is 25 minutes. That means you can watch about 3 episodes per hour. Spend 15 hours watching on your free days. It would take about 15 days to catch up if you want to catch up quickly.

Anth0ny

And I don't see how a Kai version of OP would work, the reason DBZ was able to get away with it was because there was a lot of stare downs and power ups lasting whole episodes.

>implying one piece doesn't do the same thing

Since Enies Lobby, the pacing for the anime has become unbearable. 1 chapter per episode= a shit ton of staredowns, filler scenes and time wasting. A One Piece Kai would be fantastic.

Maddness

Sorry to jump into your obviously extremely recent episode/chapter discussions, but do we know if Funi has said anything about releasing anymore seasons? My wife and I got into One Piece and have already covered the Funi released episodes, but I'm not a big fan of watching fan subs, I'd rather buy sets and watch them on my TV with no hassle. So do we know if they're going to release any of the season 4-9 stuff?

survivor

Banned
Sorry to jump into your obviously extremely recent episode/chapter discussions, but do we know if Funi has said anything about releasing anymore seasons? My wife and I got into One Piece and have already covered the Funi released episodes, but I'm not a big fan of watching fan subs, I'd rather buy sets and watch them on my TV with no hassle. So do we know if they're going to release any of the season 4-9 stuff?

They acquired season 4. They said the DVDs will be out summer 2012

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Franky/Caribou moment is a perfect example of when the anime eclipses the manga. Incredibly well timed.

I think this arc will benefit a lot from being animated. It seemed a bit choppy in the manga, where ironically the slower pace of the anime will help level it out a bit more I think.

Uchip

Banned
Franky/Caribou moment is a perfect example of when the anime eclipses the manga. Incredibly well timed.

I think this arc will benefit a lot from being animated. It seemed a bit choppy in the manga, where ironically the slower pace of the anime will help level it out a bit more I think.

yeah
it might actually be better
unlike skypea... oh god

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
This arc kinda has a 'beanstalk falling/planet namek exploding' part to it, but nowhere near as bad.

In many ways the arc ahead is quite similar to Skypeia in it's structure but it has more interesting stuff politically connect to the rest of the world, if a little flashback heavy.

Haha I laughed throughout that whole bit, brilliant.

The anime is that far? Sweet. Can't wait to see the Franky moment animated. I'm still stacking all the episodes from about half-way through the war until whatever they get up to by Christmas when I have more time off. It's going to be lovely marathoning another section of the anime. Plus, I'm sure I've forgotten stuff that far back in the manga by now.

Cwarrior

Franky and caribo scene made laugh out loud, so great.

<- loved anime skypia, made laugh so hard with scene like ussop,luffy&sanji boat trip(fall from sky island),luffy island song,nami&ussop vs enel,zorro south bird and chopper left alone on the ship.

I didnt know it was a double bubble structure like that, the manga drawings for the island had me confused or were just unclear about it. The entire segment of getting Sunny into it was pretty cool.

This was the funniest scene all episodes, especially the sound effects to go with it, lol.
tumblr_lw0xitUJnx1qklm53o3_500.gif

Top Bottom