• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

KillGore

either way its reaaaaally hard to tell whats going on in those panels :|

He was able to "lock-on" to gear-second Luffy, even though there was a big messy war in front of him. Maybe Zoro could use this to follow enemies that are moving at faster speeds? Just a though. Trust me, I don't want this to happen but it's just weird to me that they haven't even mentioned his eye.

Steroyd

I agree, but it's kinda weird how they haven't even explained his scar. No one has even asked!! I mean, we know where everyone's scars come from, or at least most of them. What if he was able to train his eyes and be like Mihawk's eyes?

Not entirely true, the anime skipped the little banter when they first submerged into the sea, but in the manga, Luffy did ask Zoro what happened when Kuma blasted them.

ZUbQE.jpg

But it was relegated to background talk so we the viewers didn't see Zoro give an answer.

Kyuur

The name of the next arc isn't really a spoiler is it? It doesn't reveal anything... it's like being at the beginning of One Piece and telling someone the next arc after they grab Zoro is the
Buggy Arc
. No relevance.

I really am enjoying how they're pacing it now (1 chapter per episode). I think it works really well with the recent chapter content. It easily takes me 6~8 minutes to read a chapter if I take the time to take in all of Oda's art and all the subtleness. Double that time with animation isn't bad at all.

Don't highlight unless you've read the manga:

Can everyone agree that the episode with everyone destroying the New Fishman Pirates with their finishers will be glorious? Should be like 2-minute finishing moves for everyone, seems perfect.

survivor

Banned
Don't highlight unless you've read the manga:

Can everyone agree that the episode with everyone destroying the New Fishman Pirates with their finishers will be glorious? Should be like 2-minute finishing moves for everyone, seems perfect.

I want to see the part where
Zoro just fucking owns the other swordsman telling him "you couldn't even kill my boredom"
(manga spoilers)

SykoTech

So, everyone is in danger, but Jinbei and Luffy are going to fight each other because of principles... okay.

I hope Jinbei's been doing some training of his own during the timeskip. Otherwise I don't see Luffy having too hard of a time with him.

Should be an interesting fight nonetheless.

KillGore

Not entirely true, the anime skipped the little banter when they first submerged into the sea, but in the manga, Luffy did ask Zoro what happened when Kuma blasted them.

ZUbQE.jpg

But it was relegated to background talk so we the viewers didn't see Zoro give an answer.

Yeah, you're right, but we can't be sure Zoro explained his scar, I mean, it is luffy who he was talking with lol he's such an idiot, knowing him he probably hasn't noticed it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Catching up with the anime on Hulu. Fisher Tiger's story makes a lot more sense now since Oda told it out of order for some reason. Looking back, I can see the scene where he talked to Neptune and Otohime about his adventure was a flashback within a flashback. The normally black panel outlines for flashbacks were grey instead.

Everyone in the Fishman District went their separate ways when Tiger went on an adventure. He returned one day, told the King & Queen what happened, then climbed the Red Wall and freed the slaves. Now I get it. And now, the rest of the flashback.

I just don't get how "easily" Fisher Tiger was mortally wounded by a handful of marine guys.

Freeing the slaves from the World Nobles by yourself is not something I would assume you could do w/o being one of the strongest persons in the One Piece world at that time.
Unless they all managed to escape before all the admirals etc. arrived.

BatDan

I just don't get how "easily" Fisher Tiger was mortally wounded by a handful of marine guys.

Freeing the slaves from the World Nobles by yourself is not something I would assume you could do w/o being one of the strongest persons in the One Piece world at that time.
Unless they all managed to escape before all the admirals etc. arrived.

My guess is that the laws with dealing with people that attack the Celestial Dragons hadn't been implemented yet. Before Tiger, nobody attacked them. My guess is when Tiger attacked, Mariejois was in a complete frenzy and that's how he and the slaves managed to get away. Afterwards the laws were implemented (an admiral arrives at the scene and all) if it ever happens again.

tumblr_m4bqthanBm1qklm53o3_250.gif

Much of the episode was dull but Ace was cool! Luffy was hilarious and awesome at the bounty part.

Brook was so dumb though, and Usopp worthless (what was he even doing with his nose? lol).

I foresee great things happening with Brook's new ability :lol

GmXY9.png

This also makes him finally stand out instead of being crappy swordsman #2 that can play music

Robin also had a new trick...

My guess is that the laws with dealing with people that attack the Celestial Dragons hadn't been implemented yet. Before Tiger, nobody attacked them. My guess is when Tiger attacked, Mariejois was in a complete frenzy and that's how he and the slaves managed to get away. Afterwards the laws were implemented (an admiral arrives at the scene and all) if it ever happens again.

mh, yeah I guess that could work as an explanation. Combined with him climbing up there so it was probably more or less sneaky and gave him some time.

Fishman Karate never gets old, nor does Luffy's passion. But all that time with Brooke was painful and dull. Just free Zoro already! Anime is finally moving to the epic parts of the arc, so 550 cant come soon enough.

Remember kids, if you want that six pack, take your steroids!

(But I like the "transformation" because now Hody actually looks like a villain :) )

SykoTech

Funimation has been releasing "One Piece 101" videos that explain the characters, what they do, and why they do it. That way they can get people into the series, as well as remind long time fans that Season 4 is soon.

Luffy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjFByvEuxGI
Zoro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2Ma7FGdrXs

The comments on the Zoro video bug me... damn Viz and their refusal to change his name back to normal.

The music is so un-One Piece. :/

They should have just used something from the soundtrack.

I thought they announced they were finally going to use Zoro in all future volumes? I would be pretty tempted to go back and buy them all over again if they fixed it.

BatDan

I thought they announced they were finally going to use Zoro in all future volumes? I would be pretty tempted to go back and buy them all over again if they fixed it.

That was likely a lie. Current One Piece editor Alexis Kirsch said the only way they'll use the accurate names (no "Zolo", calling Eneru "God" instead of "Kami", fully calling Mr. 2 a crossdresser instead of lying and claiming it's "Oh Come My Way" every time, other 4Kids terms) is if A. the volumes sell like crazy or B. a special edition is made. The latter will likely happen when Oda finishes the series a good 10 years from now.

Kirsch is also a major troll and knows fans refuse to read their translation because of "Zolo". That's why one week he said SJ Alpha will have Zoro in it. Turns out Usopp's lips were frozen and it made him sound like he was saying "Zorwo".

It's shit like this that confuses people. How in the manga he has one name, and in the anime he has another.
And if anyone tries to bring up the R/L thing, I'll just point to the pages with his wanted poster and say "It's Zoro in plain English".

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
There is no point in arguing over the Zoro/Zolo thing anymore. Its never going to change. I'm just glad that every other medium of One Piece uses Zoro and the other correct names.

BatDan

There is no point in arguing over the Zoro/Zolo thing anymore. Its never going to change. I'm just glad that every other medium of One Piece uses Zoro and the other correct names.

I know... as far as I can tell, Viz is the only one that still does it. Someone did tell me Viz is losing money, but I doubt that's true.

But like I said, it confuses people that don't know any better. And going by the YouTube comments on that "Zoro 101" video, a lot of people don't know any better.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I know... as far as I can tell, Viz is the only one that still does it. Someone did tell me Viz is losing money, but I doubt that's true.

But like I said, it confuses people that don't know any better. And going by the YouTube comments on that "Zoro 101" video, a lot of people don't know any better.

Actually I think that's mostly just people trolling and being stupid on youtube

Been away at One piece for about 5 years now.
Going back in deep :D starting at 1.

I'm at ep 50 now in about 4 days.
I have 500 eps lined up so Its going to take a awhile to get back up to speed.

I do not remember why I stopped watching all these years ago, so far its really really good again.

But I did not remember that their was so much crying in this show, every time someone talks about their past its crying in every scene :p.

Wiseblade

Been away at One piece for about 5 years now.
Going back in deep :D starting at 1.

I'm at ep 50 now in about 4 days.
I have 500 eps lined up so Its going to take a awhile to get back up to speed.

I do not remember why I stopped watching all these years ago, so far its really really good again.

But I did not remember that their was so much crying in this show, every time someone talks about their past its crying in every scene :p.

Probably because every single backstory involves at least one person dying. And the bodycount only ramps up as time goes on.

Probably because every single backstory involves at least one person dying. And the bodycount only ramps up as time goes on.
I understand but I did not remember that it was so so much ;).

But now that the main groups story is done its less and less than early in the series.

Zorro back story is still the best, and from Nami its still the saddest so far.

Top Bottom