• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Nyx

How fast can one unlock this? I'm sorry if it offends series purists but this is actually a game changer for me lol

You need special tokens for easy fatalities. One easy fatality uses 1 token and I only had 5 tokens after 8 hours of play.

But the regular inputs for fatalities are easy enough this time around!

Hasney

No steam preload = very unhappy me come game day.

High Voltage Software are probably still optimising the netcode as we speak to make sure it hits their personal high standards.
Yeah, I couldn't say that with a straight face

When is this embargo shizz? I actually want to hear if HVS have done the unthinkable and made a good port so I can buy this while its still at double figures at some point.

RedEther

are you a competitive player?

There is a difference between casual decent and competitive decent. Casuals said marvel 3/injustice netcode was decent as well.

I'd say semi-competitive I play online and don't go to tournaments because I'm cheap.

UMVC3/Injustice netcode is shit tier imo. Best netcode is KI and SC5.

Lord Phol

Sweet! I'm super hyped for this! No idea who I'm going to mess around with first, they all look great, might just start off with Story Mode to get a good feel of the cast.

Spy

I'm usually against guest characters but with the inclusion of Jason and Predator, I can't help but hope for Alien along with the return of Freddy Krueger.

Plasma

Banned
You need special tokens for easy fatalities. One easy fatality uses 1 token and I only had 5 tokens after 8 hours of play.

But the regular inputs for fatalities are easy enough this time around!

You can also tag moves to show up on the screen while you're fighting so you don't have to memorise the button combos for fatalities or stop to look in the menus.

I'm usually against guest characters but with the inclusion of Jason and Predator, I can't help but hope for Alien along with the return of Freddy Krueger.

I'm still waiting for Ash (Evil Dead) to join up. But I'm expecting Spawn to pop up in the 2nd DLC pack, if it happens (Most likely.)

I feel Boon wouldn't pass up on such an offer from Todd McFarlane.

Nyx

You can also tag moves to show up on the screen while you're fighting so you don't have to memorise the button combos for fatalities or stop to look in the menus.

Ah I always pause now to check the move, thanks for this!

MMaRsu

Banned
Ehh I want to pick this game up but not being able to play anyone from the US or Asia sucks fucking bigtime.

Seeing as most of my PS4 homies are international.

Marvel

could never
Ehh I want to pick this game up but not being able to play anyone from the US or Asia sucks fucking bigtime.

It really does suck not being able to play with our friend Karupt because of this tbh. Most of my buds are EU though, which is lucky I guess.

Hoping for this lock to be patched out...

Nyx

It really does suck not being able to play with our friend Karupt because of this tbh. Most of my buds are EU though, which is lucky I guess.

Hoping for this lock to be patched out...

I miss your old avatar already.

Should do a match online, if I win, you take your old avatar again! ;-)

DryvBy

I just cancelled my Import edition on Amazon and went with the original. It broke my childhood heart.

Anyway, I'm ready as I'll ever be!

Hasney

when does the review embargo lift?

I keep trying to find out, but googling doesn't bring anything. Official forums are hilarious, "Who cares what people who are paid to review games think?" Well, uh, the PC version is made by High Voltage so you bet your ass I'm waiting for a review before putting any money anywhere near it.

Fuck, I forgot about that.

Does anyone know if it's done by region you're in, account region or by the region of the game? PES handles it with the latter and it's a pain in the arse.

Nestunt

I keep trying to find out, but googling doesn't bring anything. Official forums are hilarious, "Who cares what people who are paid to review games think?" Well, uh, the PC version is made by High Voltage so you bet your ass I'm waiting for a review before putting any money anywhere near it.

Does anyone know if it's done by region you're in, account region or by the region of the game? PES handles it with the latter and it's a pain in the arse.

Got burned many times from pre-ordering. Never from Netherrealm, but still, made it a rule of mine

it's the same as MK9 and Injustice were. But i don't know, haven't played either much online. My money would be on region youre actually located by IP.

Marvel

could never
Dispatched!

MDMj1I9.gif

Hasney

it's the same as MK9 and Injustice were. But i don't know, haven't played either much online. My money would be on region youre actually located by IP.

Just looked up the MK9 situation and on console at least, it's based on the region of the disc/download.

Marvel

could never
Dog in a suit!

Ohhhh, I kinda miss it myself. Here's what we'll do, I'll change it now BUT I shall still fight you to the death come release day ;]

I'll send you a FR now.

Which platform are you getting, friend?

MMaRsu

Banned

It depends on the region of the game I think.

MMaRsu

Banned

Hoping for this lock to be patched out...[/QUOTE]

Not gonna happen, Injustice worked the same way. Its their horrible netcode shit or whatever

Moaradin

I hope anyone buying the PC version knows that they are getting into. MK9 and Injustice had some of the most garbage PC ports I've seen in recent years.

Rizsparky

I just dont understand why there isnt a preload option for the steam version. Its a massive download which will be a real bummer for those without fast download speeds.

Top Bottom