• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III GamesCom 2012 Naval Trailer

In all seriousness this looks so fucking cool. Still feel like I'm one of the few people hyped about the Revolutionary War setting.

Here I thought naval battles was going to be a Vita exclusive thing. Funny how the Vita SKU wasn't shown at the end...

Uh... Vita is getting Liberation, not III.

BD1

Banned
Looks great. I guess I am a little confused how a full scale naval battle fits into the game, though. (Other than its cool).

~Kinggi~

Banned
Watch this be the best naval combat experience in any game ever. In fact i cant really remember any game that does ship combat like this where you are convincingly at the helm of a ship while in battle. Maybe some simulator total war game or something but this feels more.....whats the word......VISCERAL oh yeah

Derrick01

Banned
I wonder how cool/fun these ship battles actually are.

The E3 demo was solid enough. It's a AAA console game so you're not going to get anything hard or overly complex but it looks ok enough to get the job done. I like that you can board enemy ships after disabling them enough.

Ceebs

Watch this be the best naval combat experience in any game ever. In fact i cant really remember any game that does ship combat like this where you are convincingly at the helm of a ship while in battle. Maybe some simulator total war game or something but this feels more.....whats the word......VISCERAL oh yeah

Except this is nothing even close to actual naval combat. In fact this might even be a stretch for a Michael Bay movie. I can't help but think this looks absurd and silly.

Patrick O'Brian novels have ruined most depictions of naval combat of this era.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Except this is nothing even close to actual naval combat. In fact this might even be a stretch for a Michael Bay movie. I can't help but think this looks absurd and silly.

Oh, we got a badass authentic naval man up in here!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I hope that by the time im done with AC2, AC Brotherhood and AC Revelations, that i wont be too tired of this franchise to continue with 3 once it will release.

Derrick01

Banned

I'm ok with it not being all that realistic. More realistic naval combat is like the last few Total War games where if you don't speed it up to max it takes your ships a half hour just to reach the enemy and then they spend another 20 minutes missing each other about 60% of the time. That's not a whole lot of fun to watch.

jmoe316

What the heck.

What isup with these multi platform games that have been announced for wii u not putting the console logo at the end of the trailer.

Doesn't make sense.

Nazgul11

I like how it just randomly says "Rise" at the end.

58963c7d347e493f133783ef6bdbe8c6.jpg

shaowebb

I'm sorry, but I miss my settings being filled with rich architecture and culture and I miss my gameplay being free running combat. I didn't like the tower defense. I didn't like random boxing matches that looked like Sherlock Holmes and I didn't like all the cart chases and ship battles in the other Assassin's Creed games. They cut the nice setting out. They cut the mystique of finding glyphs and unraveling cryptic mysteries about our past to find conspiracy history secrets and they replaced that with first person platforming and audio tracks.
They even cut the hidden messages that weren't part of the glyph puzzle solutions out and those led to some awesome AR detective work moments finding out more secrets outside the game.

They did it all just to play with the easy conspiracy history idea of the founding of America being a perfect time to write this story in, but the setting has sacrificed all that was left of the Assassin's Creed games I enjoyed playing. Sometimes when you try to be too many kinds of games to stay fresh you end up losing track of the game that some folks got drawn in by to begin with. What the heck is there to enjoy in a forest? Trees? Certainly not enough people, stealth, and buildings to explore and climb.

I just want to do the kinds of things I did in 2 and Brotherhood. More weapons, more combat options and more secrets is all I need. Replacing pieces of the game bit by bit has really worn me out on this game series.

I'll pass and that takes a lot to say considering how much I've followed this series and how much I invested in DLC and LE copies near launch.

8bit

Knows the Score
Ship battles? I can't watch the video, but are they anything like Skies of Arcadia, or more like the Rooftop defence on a boat?

Top Bottom