• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

LiK

After the event, I'm taking a break. Been playing this far too much for lootbox drops. Need to catch up on my massive backlog.

LiK

Symm was far more potent when people didn't play Winston much. But now he's so prevalent with the dive meta that he basically makes her turrets useless.

I can play mystery heroes for hours.

After just one game of total mayhem I have to take a break from ow lol

I played Mayhem for like 2 hours straight last weekend and it was fun. It's relaxing to me.

I played Mayhem for like 2 hours straight last weekend and it was fun. It's relaxing to me.

Yeah it's good that they have all these different modes to please different tastes.

It's the second time I've played this mode lately and once again I have to stop after just one game because I get extremely bored and sleepy, it's basically one huge fight on the payload that lasts for 15m, with frequent walks from the spawn. Not for me xD

LiK

Yeah it's good that they have all these different modes to please different tastes.

It's the second time I've played this mode lately and once again I have to stop after just one game because I get extremely bored and sleepy, it's basically one huge fight on the payload that lasts for 15m, with frequent walks from the spawn. Not for me xD

It was stressful the first time but once you pick a hero you like and just get into a rhythm with the fast CD, it becomes almost zen-like. And the huge amount of XP makes up for the long fights.

Nimby

Banned
Symm was far more potent when people didn't play Winston much. But now he's so prevalent with the dive meta that he basically makes her turrets useless.

tfw you're walking back from spawn and all 6 of your turrets go *poof*

Chance

thanks Fam. Youtube disagrees with you though.....which is why I had to go with Vimeo on this one

I had the same thing with an Imagine Dragons song I used in a vid a few months back. Weirdly enough I was lookin at my YouTube vids and saw that I could publish it a few weeks ago, so now it's on both.

Definitely prefer Vimeo's compression, though.

I just opened the 15 loot boxes I had saved. First two dropped legendary skins, Ifrit Zen and a dupe of the new Tracer.

Ended up getting 5 new dance emotes, a dupe of the anniversary Pharah skin, and a legendary currency drop.

Still no DVa, Mei, or Lucio skin :(

thanks Fam. Youtube disagrees with you though.....which is why I had to go with Vimeo on this one

The way you synced the Winston leaps to the skips in the beat came out really nice. What do you use to edit videos?

Haha, I was watching your last video, totally loving it, and looked over and my wife and daughter were both staring at me in horror. I hadn't noticed but the background music had the n word repeated over and over again. So, mute took care of that.

Anyway, love your editing and your videos, marriage-destroying though they may be.

I did all 9 within an hour last night. 1v1 is where it's at.

Yeah, I was doing mystery heroes. I just gave up just now, I just needed one more win to be done and I couldn't do it tonight. Three hours and all I got was two wins. Too many high level groups farming double xp, it's not even fun atm.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Mayhem really saps the soul from you.

Just had 10 minute objective time in the most ridiculous attack push victory on King's Row. Got 10K exp from one match.

Nimby

Banned
Dafran has been suspended from not only Selfless, but from competitive play as well. He cannot participate in Season 0 or 1 of Contenders.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Someone's gotta take the blame.
You take it up because there's a healer or tank spot you could be freeing up.
regardless, onetricking Sym/Mei in comp has been one of my more fun experiences.
You have to be really good with your positioning though.

If you're tired of the complaints, either switch to a character they want (and still get blamed if they lose.) or leave team chat, it's what I do when people get too toxic.

Positioning is the only thing i've been doing ok at in all my FPS life from UT to CS to BF to TF to OW. It's all I can do. I was born to position.

ISOM

Dafran has been suspended from not only Selfless, but from competitive play as well. He cannot participate in Season 0 or 1 of Contenders.

Where'd you get that info? Nvm, saw it posted on a couple of sites. Shame that people waste decent opportunities just to troll.

MG310

Missed the new thread :D

7-5-2 tonight. 2583 to 2606. Had two losses right at the end but inching my way up.

Got the Anniversary Mei and Hanzo out of my loot boxes too.

Nimby

Banned
Where'd you get that info? Nvm, saw it posted on a couple of sites. Shame that people waste decent opportunities just to troll.

It was on r/competitiveoverwatch, straight from the org itself

Fuck Lucio, btw. Becoming a Zen main this season made me feel sorry for DPS players. How do you do it, how do you kill this slippery motherfucker?

Chance

Fuck Lucio, btw. Becoming a Zen main this season made me feel sorry for DPS players. How do you do it, how do you kill this slippery motherfucker?

Often with help. He's his own little Pharmercy.

Mutant

I shoot him? :p

dhlt25

anyone having crashing problem after the patch? My games has been randomly crashing for no reason. Already lost 2 comp match :( I only play qp now and it still crashes. Can't even take advantage of the double xp since my xp rate is now -75% lol

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Total Mayhem is LITERALLY MAYHEM!

Good fucking Lord, Get 2 Great Lucios on either side, let's have a 15-20 Minute match on the Objective and Overtime music blaring forfuckingever

My forearms got fucking tired =/, playing Pharah

Yager

Banned
Same here, it's great for xp.

I really hope the Zarya and Mei skins drop for me this weekend. It'll help me get over all the shitty Mercys I've played with today.

You don't know the best part about that bloody Mercy from that last. Midgame I asked him if I could go Mercy so he could go tank or dps or just about ANYTHING so he could contribute in some kind of way. I didn't get an answer, but just when I was about to turn the console off I got a message from the guy. Hold on to your butts: "f u I had gold heal". TBH, it even surprises me that he had gold healing.

Seriously people, it's good that you wanna play support, but if you're not getting any value out of Mercy's rez and you die time and time again, don't play Mercy and go, IDK, Lucio or something else. And if you get killed every minute don't blame your teammates, blame your shitty positioning. Also, if you see a Winston figthing in front lines and holding almost the entire other team, don't be an idiot and leave him because you decided that is a good call to go heal the Roadhog who is in the backline spamming damage from the moon.

Playing with a bad Mercy in your team is like playing 4.5v6, you don't only lose that Mercy because she's doing shit, you're probably losing people that should be healed but die because of the bad prioritization.

Haha, I was watching your last video, totally loving it, and looked over and my wife and daughter were both staring at me in horror. I hadn't noticed but the background music had the n word repeated over and over again. So, mute took care of that.

Anyway, love your editing and your videos, marriage-destroying though they may be.

LOL.....that's actually awesome. and sorry about that. Im trying to be "different" I guess and use hiphop/rap as usually those arent used for gameplay vids and I'm a hiphop guy. for future videos I shall consider edited versions tho.

The way you synced the Winston leaps to the skips in the beat came out really nice. What do you use to edit videos?

Adobe Premiere Pro

I had the same thing with an Imagine Dragons song I used in a vid a few months back. Weirdly enough I was lookin at my YouTube vids and saw that I could publish it a few weeks ago, so now it's on both.

Definitely prefer Vimeo's compression, though.

Can you link me? would love to check it out

Got Mei and Zarya skins today, Reaper and Junkrat dance emotes too. Ok I guess.

I got 80 lootboxes so far (leveling up and arcade), which gave me 6 event skins and 12 emotes. Hopefully I can get what I want in these next days without spending currency.

Quick Play sure gets depressing (Reached lvl 10 yesterday). Nothing like being chased as Mercy because everybody is too far away and separated playing lone wolf to Guardian Angel out of danger. In the last days I have found pretty competent groups (which spoke english and bothered with communication)and I finally learned to stay away from snipers, but yesterday... god damn it. And with no friends, not really great lootbox rewards and nobody cooperating, it's hard to keep playing, even with double Exp.

Bastion Anniversary skin is all I have found so far, plus a few standard skins. I will try to keep at it until I have enough currency to buy a dance emote, but... And all the friends i have that could be into it are in the US region. 120 ms latency, so not a possibilty.

_Legacy_

You don't know the best part about that bloody Mercy from that last. Midgame I asked him if I could go Mercy so he could go tank or dps or just about ANYTHING so he could contribute in some kind of way. I didn't get an answer, but just when I was about to turn the console off I got a message from the guy. Hold on to your butts: "f u I had gold heal". TBH, it even surprises me that he had gold healing.

Seriously people, it's good that you wanna play support, but if you're not getting any value out of Mercy's rez and you die time and time again, don't play Mercy and go, IDK, Lucio or something else. And if you get killed every minute don't blame your teammates, blame your shitty positioning. Also, if you see a Winston figthing in front lines and holding almost the entire other team, don't be an idiot and leave him because you decided that is a good call to go heal the Roadhog who is in the backline spamming damage from the moon.

Playing with a bad Mercy in your team is like playing 4.5v6, you don't only lose that Mercy because she's doing shit, you're probably losing people that should be healed but die because of the bad prioritization.

That's funny and totally doesn't surprise me at all, I think you might need to insta-lock Mercy tonight if you're online! I felt every one of those losses were winnable.

So true about the positioning as well, couldn't believe what I was seeing at times. Of course, the enemy teams we were facing had a much better Mercy and it made the difference.

Angel_DvA

Competitive has become a shit show in diamond, Blizzard need to do something real quick because I'm getting tired of it, I think I'll stop OW for a long time, the game isn't as fun as it was because of the terrible matchmaking that put 2 or 3 main heal/tank in your game, people that don't belong to their rank, boosted people, people that don't know what to pick or how to use their ultimate in fucking diamond etc... they should really get ride of the golden weapon in Comp, they need to do a hard reset and be more severe about punishing trolls etc... I don't have many leaver but this shit needs to be taken seriously too.

OW is an amazing game for sure but competitive is a shit show atm and people are getting frustrated for sure, I read this morning a Rogue player bitching about the game matchmaking and asking for people to move to PUBattegrounds and I agree 100%, this is my experience as well:

9ac62f793178964d3d5b5c3888706a2a.png
925b223d7da70fa96d566524d1e4870b.png

TheContact

Competitive has become a shit show in diamond, Blizzard need to do something real quick because I'm getting tired of it, I think I'll stop OW for a long time, the game isn't as fun as it was because of the terrible matchmaking that put 2 or 3 main heal/tank in your game, people that don't belong to their rank, boosted people, people that don't know what to pick or how to use their ultimate in fucking diamond etc... they should really get ride of the golden weapon in Comp, they need to do a hard reset and be more severe about punishing trolls etc... I don't have many leaver but this shit needs to be taken seriously too.

OW is an amazing game for sure but competitive is a shit show atm and people are getting frustrated for sure, I read this morning a Rogue player bitching about the game matchmaking and asking for people to move to PUBattegrounds and I agree 100%, this is my experience as well:

Dude sounds like a whiny little baby if you ask me

WHy is NV so invested in the sombra comp.

I think attack Sombra is a lot better than most people realize but Chips was just no getting good value with his EMP. Even then, Taimou staying on Reaper that long into the game was the crazier thing for me. He was just getting destroyed every team fight.

Basically

What are you guys watching

Apex playoffs, second match of the day starts soon

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think attack Sombra is a lot better than most people realize but Chips was just no getting good value with his EMP. Even then, Taimou staying on Reaper that long into the game was the crazier thing for me. He was just getting destroyed every team fight.

I don't mind attack sombra either, but when it's not working out just... switch? He's a god tier ana/zen too.

You could tell there was not enough sustain and his emp got countered hard by the opposing zen.

Paltheos

Double XP gain is crazy. After only a couple hours of play I gained 5 levels. Great that it stacks on top of everything else. When I get home later tonight I'm up for games with GAFers to farm XP in QP.

I don't mind attack sombra either, but when it's not working out just... switch? He's a god tier ana/zen too.

You could tell there was not enough sustain and his emp got countered hard by the opposing zen.

For the team that is probably more flexible than anyone, they sure stayed in that comp for a very long time.

Top Bottom