• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Wanderer5

Legacy is pretty much Marvel's next branding right? Their Marvel Now! or All New whatever didn't seem to work out that well, but maybe this could.

IrishNinja

Punisher and Jessica Jones S2 are already in production. Luke Cage S2 is following, then Daredevil S3.

No word on Iron Fist S2 yet.

DD feels too far off...and as a big Iron Fist fan, they either need a new showrunner & nearly everything else or to just leave it be

Punisher finished filming a few months ago. Set to release this year.

were getting so spoiled this year between this & defenders

Legacy is basically Marvel's Rebirth. Or it wants to be. We'll see how it actually shakes out.

yeah might be trickier without alan moore's leftovers to blame for their respective mess

yeah might be trickier without alan moore's leftovers to blame for their respective mess

I mean, the source of Marvel's current woes being AT Marvel is certainly not going to make it easier, but Rebirth was also... well, it was a real reinvention. Almost entirely new creative teams, teams that did stick around got a LOT better (Percy, most notably, but it's not an exaggeration to say that the average talent level went up linewide)... the entire approach to storytelling got a revamp. I just doubt that Marvel's really going to go that far.

I meant the hardcovers if he is collecting the Hellboy library's.

Ah, gotcha. The paperbacks are nice enough though. Plus the 1940s hardcover should still be available as well.

I ordered something for my friend's birthday and ended up getting My Favorite Thing is Monsters and Sticks Angelica for myself. Looking forward to reading them after all the positive impressions.

IrishNinja

I mean, the source of Marvel's current woes being AT Marvel is certainly not going to make it easier, but Rebirth was also... well, it was a real reinvention. Almost entirely new creative teams, teams that did stick around got a LOT better (Percy, most notably, but it's not an exaggeration to say that the average talent level went up linewide)... the entire approach to storytelling got a revamp. I just doubt that Marvel's really going to go that far.

you're not wrong here, still loving green arrow. I don't know what concerns me more with marvel here: that they won't bring in enough exciting new talent, or won't do much to retain them. we really could fill in more of the gaps left with the exodus of talented writers post secret war but if we can't hold onto them, what's the point?

I'm looking forward to more returning classic characters & fewer universe wide events, but more consistent art would go a long way too

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I just want to say that I'm super excited that the TMNT solicits for August and September show that they're bringing in a ton of the cosmic characters from the old Archie series. That run was my absolute jam as a kid.

Sandfox

Legacy is obviously based on the sentiment of Rebirth, but it's going to be different.

If Marvel is considering another rebranding, maybe they should create a new universe where the rest of Hickman's SHIELD gets released. That would be a twist.

Malyse

Gwenpool should be on everyone's pull list.

----

Wow this Daredevil comic is pretty great.

Man I really want some of these arcs in the MCU.

caliph95

Funny enough, as I was drawing it, the more obvious it became Nightwing is sexy Batman. Which is already kind of known, but it did make me wonder how Nightwing became the premier sexy male character in comics
Code:
[IMG]https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--6B6cjtxf--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/xu0rwjuz6igwhprrw9ht.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4003/4412076341_4666392d71_o.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/how-batgirl-recognized-a-disguised-dick-grayson-1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/how-batgirl-recognized-a-disguised-dick-grayson-2.jpg[/IMG]

Malyse

For the Purple Man
too bad he's dead but they could easily work in the kids
Purple Man could be
not dead. I mean, how fucked up a twist would it be for him to have made Jess think she succeeded in offing him and it was all just another layer.

This Doc Strange run would make a good movie too. Empirikul would be a great antagonist.

caliph95

Purple Man could be
not dead. I mean, how fucked up a twist would it be for him to have made Jess think she succeeded in offing him and it was all just another layer.

This Doc Strange run would make a good movie too. Empirikul would be a great antagonist.
He
can survive from being dead in the comics but i doubt they would do that but they can use the Hand as an excuse or have that company attempt to clone him

The doctor Strange thing they are doing similar thing with
Baron Mordo
but they could have them be allies

Malyse

I don't even want/need Mordo in the MCU. I want DS2 to be Clea and DS3 to be Last Days of Magic.

Even bring The Ancient One back for the punch cameo.

caliph95

I don't even want/need Mordo in the MCU. I want DS2 to be Clea and DS3 to be Last Days of Magic.

Even bring The Ancient One back for the punch cameo.

They already have introduced Dormammu and the Dark dimension and she is the only other DS character besides the ones in the first movie and Shuma (though i doubt people even know he is a marvel character) people know so i expect to see her soon
Are they planning a sequel? It didn't seem to perform on the level of other MCU films.
It just won't happen soon apparently

Top Bottom