• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One rumors: release on November 5, Titanfall Cover, Tomb Raider port

Zeth

I know the Tomb Raider thing is probably a placeholder for a new game, but a rerelease wouldn't be bad at all. The game already has fairly high quality assets and looks great at 1080P/60fps.

mocoworm

Remember remember, the 5th November !

1739232.jpg

Kydd BlaZe

CONSOLE TRESS FX EDITION. How WILL we contain ourselves?
Lol! Was just about to mention this. Crystal Dymanics wanted to show off the TressFX features on the new consoles, therefore the port is warranted lol.

Kidding aside, I wouldn't mind a Tomb Raider port for the new consoles. Game looks fantastic on PC at ultra/ultimate settings.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I know the Tomb Raider thing is probably a placeholder for a new game, but a rerelease wouldn't be bad at all. The game already has fairly high quality assets and looks great at 1080P/60fps.

Plus dat hair

Zornack

That's a pretty shitty release date rumor. Ghosts is coming out on the 5th for PC 360 and PS3, that doesn't mean the XB1 is coming out then.

AC4 releases on October 29th and it's in a PS4 launch day bundle. That doesn't mean the PS4 releases then.

Kydd BlaZe

I actually expect a lot of current gen rerelease for the new consoles. Games like Far Cry 3, Sleeping Dogs, BioShock Infinite, Metro: Last Light, Crysis 3 and Tomb Raider all look gorgeous on PC and I'm sure the next gen consoles could handle them as well.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That's a pretty shitty release date rumor. Ghosts is coming out on the 5th for PC 360 and PS3, that doesn't mean the XB1 is coming out then.

AC4 releases on October 29th and it's in a PS4 launch day bundle. That doesn't mean the PS4 releases then.

While that's true I've always been suspecting November 5th for XBO. I can't see Microsoft missing the CoD launch, especially if the PS4 is out.

I also don't think having the Xbox One release on the same day as Ghosts will have the benefits that many people think it will have. You're going to have two high traffic events colliding on a single day. If I was a retailer, I would be happier to have two separate high traffic days instead of one insane high traffic day that would deter walk in purchases.

Putting the Xbone and Ghosts release on the same day is putting the retailers eggs in one basket. High traffic is great but two high traffic days for two separate events is better.

If this is true then will be interesting to see when Sony release the PS4.

I like the box art but I'm not loving the Green of the case.

on the Tomb Raider, i never played the new one. If its coming next gen I may bite if its cheap enough

Whaaa ....? 60 awards? Really? Was there a closed gameplay showing for press or something? Cause what we saw wasn't "All that".

Maybe they are counting those that will be given in return for advertising and were already contracted by marketing department at that time? ;)

Wizman23

Banned
Back when the 360 launched Gamestop was selling 360 games 2 weeks before the console launched so I would take this rumor with a grain of salt. We know it will be a Tuesday in November but which one is the question. I wouldn't be too concerned with a duel midnight release of the Xbox One and Call of Duty for the fact all consoles will be accounted for.

Cornbread78

I don't get titanfall jokes

So what " did you see titanfall " mean?

You really have to go back and look at all the early comments from MS after the reveal and E3. It was a petty, poorly placed comment to pimp the system and it's exclusives that one of the leads over there made that got extrapolated into the meme you see today. It's all about attitute, end of story... I'd dig up the story but it might take too long to find if I tried to It is actually still funny seeing it thought, because hell, Have YOU seen Titanfall?

This will really curb my current game buying this late in the generation since I'm guessing a lot of companies will be releasing optimized ports of their games on the new consoles. Looking at you GTA V.

Kade

Serious question, is this the first time a first run print of a game has shown off "awards"?

No. There are other games that have awards from E3 and other pre-release events on the cover. I've seen a few PAX and Gamescom logos on covers.

Top Bottom