• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Ghost Editions selling for crazy amounts on eBay

DryvBy

UPDATE: Welp, my friend is out of luck. The guy didn't pay, so he's reposting it. It wasn't too shocking though, especially given how some collector's have sold for a ton before. Scalping DK2s are the way to go anyway.

I was watching a few of these bids on eBay for Destiny's limited edition and started watching a few. This morning, my friend's sold for $1,025.

DMCNmaq.png

Others were selling for $600-$700. I have one I want to keep, but that money is tempting. What's the chances of this going for even more (sealed) years from now? I guess it depends on the game's quality on release.

brainexplode.gif

Edit: IGN and GameSpot are covering this now. Aren't we special?

EmpReb

Banned
Meh... I am playing Firefall and even though its gotten a bad rep it has everything i want in a shooter MMO set up. The TRUE open world does wonders for the game. Unlike Density which freaking ONE EARTH LOCATION?! Sorry not for me and yes I did play the beta.

I was watching a few of these bids on eBay for Destiny's limited edition and started watching a few. This morning, my friend's sold for $1,025.

DMCNmaq.png

Others were selling for $600-$700. I have one I want to keep, but that money is tempting. What's the chances of this going for even more (sealed) years from now? I guess it depends on the game's quality on release.

brainexplode.gif

Has your friend been paid for it yet though! that's what counts. A loom band dress ended an auction at over £100,000 the buyer never paid.

DryvBy

Has your friend been paid for it yet though! that's what counts. A loom band dress ended an auction at over £100,000 the buyer never paid.

Once he does, I'm updating this. We're still waiting to see if the guy pays. He's a power buyer, too. Hopefully my friend will have that bling later today.

DryvBy

Selling a pre-order seems like a very werid thing to do. Seems like lots of scams happen this way.

I'm pretty sure eBay and PayPal have measures against scams. You could say that about things that aren't even pre-orders, too.

ZServ

Meh... I am playing Firefall and even though its gotten a bad rep it has everything i want in a shooter MMO set up. The TRUE open world does wonders for the game. Unlike Density which freaking ONE EARTH LOCATION?! Sorry not for me and yes I did play the beta.

This isn't on topic, like, at all.

OP, I'd sell. Just get the normal LE. So you don't get a Peter Dinklage toy. Best case scenario you make dough by selling it regardless down the line, worst you make dough now and get the game for free and later buy the toy if the price becomes reasonable.

NeOak

Honestly? I wouldn't want to sell my Ghost Edition pre-order, because I really want that Ghost replica.
I really want it too, but considering that the figures from other LEs are just collecting dust, I'm tempted to sell my preorder.

It seems to go for ~$300-$450 on the US eBay.

Joshrw81

Neo Member
Selling a pre-order seems like a very werid thing to do. Seems like lots of scams happen this way.

I would normally agree with you but peoples Ebay ratings are typically very important to them. People make a lot of money on Ebay and want to be trusted, so they dont take chances with messing with their reveiw scores.

ZServ

I really want it too, but considering that the figures from other LEs are just collecting dust, I'm tempted to sell my preorder.

It seems to go for ~$300-$450 on the US eBay.
Call me when it floats like the in game ghost. Until then, it's fairly forgettable IMO.

What does this have to do with the topic on hand?

I know a few people with pre orders I will let them know how much money is being made!

Usobuko

Banned
This is a new tier of madness especially for a game that has not been released yet and how many times it went over the MSRP.

E92 M3

Every time I preorder a new collectors edition on Amazon, just to be safe. And this time I decided against it. I have the worst luck with this stuff.

NeOak

Call me when it floats like the in game ghost. Until then, it's fairly forgettable IMO.
The digital Guardian edition brings the same in-game stuff as the CE/Ghost plus no disc needed.

So its like.... yeaaaahhhh... Dust collecting stuff? What for?

Karl Hawk

Banned

One, what does this have to do with the topic at hand?

Two, do some people misspell Destiny or ''Density'' is some kind of insult against the game?

LiK

It's allowed in eBay if you specifically mention it as a preorder in the description.

1000 for a bunch of cheap junk.Sounds like a great deal!(For the seller that is)

People pay thousands of dollars for rocks everyday. It depends on what you consider valuable.

Cheech

It's an LE for one of the best, if not the best, games of the year. Getting that game in the hands of people early was incredible marketing.

Preorders are even more ridiculous after that beta, I'm sure. So, no, the mack daddy LE going for huge bucks is not shocking.

Hahahaha, what the fuck am I reading? Is this a parody of all the negativity coming from some posters about the game?

Damn, I really wish I had ordered one of these to scalp.

Vooduu

While everybody is talking about how this is a great and a good deal, we're forgetting something much more interesting...

Who the fuck paid $1000+ for 90% of the LE plus a plastic toy?..

I want the ghost edition bad too but yikes..

Hoo-doo

Banned

Okay, enjoy your game, alone.

Just because bidding ended on an item doesn't mean someone is going to actually pay. Just like the Flappy Bird phones that went for $10,000 on eBay, no one is paying that much.

LiK

While everybody is talking about how this is a great and a good deal, we're forgetting something much more interesting...

Who the fuck paid $1000+ for 90% of the LE plus a plastic toy?..

I want the ghost edition bad too but yikes..

People paid $400-500 on eBay for the US MK8 LE. They're basically paying that much for the game and a Blue Shell toy. They could've paid a fraction for that by simply importing the EU LE and buy the US game.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just because bidding ended on an item doesn't mean someone is going to actually pay. Just like the Flappy Bird phones that went for $10,000 on eBay, no one is paying that much.

As someone who has flipped a ton of things on ebay, people pay.

Top Bottom