• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces TGS line-up, no TRICO?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
2yyrply.png

whgmyf.jpg

Shurs

UnluckyKate said:
That 2:35 (from what it looks) ratio isn't something I would expect from a PS3 HD port. Indeed, that ratio is much more a PC Emulated look and vibe. But let's not loose faith. Team Ico Collection will eventualy be announced.

In the original game, during that scene the perspective went from 4:3 to 16:9 during the cutscene.

If the game is getting remastered as a 16:9 widescreen port, I could definitely see the perspective popping into 2.35:1 to maintain the cinematic quality of the cutscenes.

My hype level is rising.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
AAK said:
Makes sense, Sony has an absurd amount of software releases for 2011, I'd say the'll hype TLG during late 2011 events for a 2012 release.

Sony really doesn't have an absurd amount of software releases in 2011, particularly not if you only count relevant software releases.

Killzone 3 <-- irrelevant in Japan
Resistance 3 <-- irrelevant in Japan
inFamous 2 <-- irrelevant in Japan
Twisted Metal <-- irrelevant in Japan

What are they left with besides TLG? A bunch of really really low tier Move stuff, and even most of that is 2010. Rumoured stuff like Starhawk (irrelevant in Japan) or Uncharted 3 (irrelevant in Japan)?

As far as Japan is concerned, TLG/Trico is a major title relative to SCEs other releases, and it missing 2011 would really not bode well.

Shurs

Stumpokapow said:
Sony really doesn't have an absurd amount of software releases in 2011, particularly not if you only count relevant software releases.

What are they left with besides TLG? A bunch of really really low tier Move stuff, and even most of that is 2010. Rumoured stuff like Starhawk (irrelevant in Japan) or Uncharted 3 (irrelevant in Japan)?

As far as Japan is concerned, TLG/Trico is a major title relative to SCEs other releases, and it missing 2011 would really not bode well.

Here's hoping that Sony is employing a strong "second wave" strategy with their Move titles that includes a new Hot Shots Golf/Tennis game.

Elios83

All I want is a gameplay trailer for TLG among with a 2011 release date and the Ico/SoTC HD announcement.

Edit: Oh it seems we have the first screens of Ico HD and there is more than just HD resolution :O

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
SolidSnakex said:
http://i54.tinypic.com/2yyrply.png/img]
[img]http://i53.tinypic.com/whgmyf.jpg/img][/QUOTE]

has to be a remake. More picture info on the sides/not stretched.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Shurs said:
Here's hoping that Sony is employing a strong "second wave" strategy with their Move titles that includes a new Hot Shots Golf/Tennis game.

Okay, Sony gets this one for free, but if they want any more great ideas, they need to pay me.

Here's my pitch for Everybody's Golf 6
- Supports Move
- Supports 3D
- Has all the features that EG5 had, including the characters.
- Separately, lets your create and customize your own character.
- Has a full Play Create Share tool suite for creating courses and characters. Is the third game, after LBP and MNR, to be advertised with it.

Worst case scenario is the new features add nothing to it and they've got EG6, which will do well in Japan. Best case scenario is that the featureset revitalizes the franchise's lagging sales in North America as well.

Stumpokapow said:
Okay, Sony gets this one for free, but if they want any more great ideas, they need to pay me.

- Supports Move
- Supports 3D
- Has a full Play Create Share tool suite for creating courses and characters. Is the third game, after LBP and MNR, to be advertised with it.

Worst case scenario is the new features add nothing to it and they've got EG6, which will do well in Japan. Best case scenario is that the featureset revitalizes the franchise's lagging sales in North America as well.
Don't forget game updates that are slightly smaller than several gigabytes in size.

Shurs

Stumpokapow said:

- Supports Move
- Supports 3D

Well, I'm sold.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
UnluckyKate said:
That 2:35 (from what it looks) ratio isn't something I would expect from a PS3 HD port. Indeed, that ratio is much more a PC Emulated look and vibe. But let's not loose faith. Team Ico Collection will eventualy be announced.

the cutscene looks 2:35 (they were cropped to around 16:9 on the original 4:3 game), but add the bars top and bottom and the full projected image looks 16:9.

So, as they apparantly only announce playable games, perhaps the announcement is playable ICO/SotC HD collection, and that'll help people pass the time waiting for the fall 2011 of TLG?

Guevara

canova said:
who cares about The Last Guardian or ICO HD, I want Demon's Souls 2 goddamnit!!

I think lots and lots of PS3 owners and (more importantly) plenty of potential PS3 owners.

Only one surprise PS3 game from SCE? That's a shame. It'll probably be Demon's Souls 2.

Good line up otherwise. We need a decent TLG trailer.

The Last Guardian is the game I care about most right now, so I'm hoping we see at least something at TGS, but I guess I won't hold my breath now.

Alucrid

Banned
Scythesurge said:
The Last Guardian is the game I care about most right now, so I'm hoping we see at least something at TGS, but I guess I won't hold my breath now.

TLG is pretty much the only game I care about right now.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
StuBurns said:
The easiest way to do that would still be the PS2 PC emulator.
Keep in mind, you would not be able to make a screen like that with PCSX2. I have yesterday's build, and there's no option there to expand viewpoint to real widescreen like that screen clearly has. It must be really hard, or maybe even impossible to program something like that on an emulator so that it works with majority of games. In any case with latest PCSX2, you can only stretch. If it was just screen he could have merged more screens together to make it, but the presentation footage was a video.

The real widescreen suggests that he could not have used an easy mode for this. It either had to be a real footage from remastered PS3 Ico, or a specially prepared PS2 build of the game that would slowly render screen by screen into an HD video sequence using a debug mode. The later seems highly unlikely and a huge waste of time to me, which of course is great news :)

Danneee

Ico/SoTC HD is the reason I bought a PS3 as I have yet to play those games. Hopefully they will be released as a pack and not separately.

Gravijah

Danneee said:
Ico/SoTC HD is the reason I bought a PS3 as I have yet to play those games. Hopefully they will be released as a pack and not separately.
Rumored (though now pretty much confirmed) HD PS2 games are why you bought the PS3?

StuBurns

Banned
Lord Error said:
Keep in mind, you would not be able to make a screen like that with PCSX2. I have yesterday's build, and there's no option there to expand viewpoint to real widescreen like that screen clearly has. It must be really hard, or maybe even impossible to program something like that on an emulator so that it works with majority of games. In any case with latest PCSX2, you can only stretch. If it was just screen he could have merged more screens together to make it, but the presentation footage was a video.

The real widescreen suggests that he could not have used an easy mode for this. It either had to be a real footage from remastered PS3 Ico, or a specially prepared PS2 build of the game that would slowly render screen by screen into an HD video sequence using a debug mode. The later seems highly unlikely and a huge waste of time to me, which of course is great news :)
Indeed, after seeing the comparison shots, I believe it is ICO HD or possibly some old higher res images taken for promotion, but yeah, it probably is a PS3 version. Game of the Forever.

Haven Sony mentioned as to whether they are having a conference this year? Last time Microsoft had a keynote, Sony still had a conference.

I bought my PS3 for this and Beyond Good and Evil 2 a few years back, but it was definitely worth it. Currently holding back replaying these games so I can do it in HD :D

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Omg new pics. <3 <3
I will literally loose my shit if they don't show TLG. I will also go ape-shit when they do show it @ TGS! FUUUU soo close I can't wait.
This is my most anticipated game of this generation.

Vinterbird said:
I sure hope it's gonna be there, because it would seem odd for them to schedule an interview and session with the game for us in the press, without it actually being there.

Well well well... what do we have here ;)

Elixist

WTF? that gif is ruthless. on topic, cant wait for the collection an trico, hope theres another trailer at least for tgs. i thought they said at e3 that it was going to be shown at tgs.

graywolf323

DevilWillcry said:
Hmmm unannounced PS3 game?

EASY MODE:
Team Ico Collection

NORMAL MODE:
Demon's Souls 2

HARD MODE:
Dark Cloud 3

GOD MODE:
Legend of Dragoon 2

any of them sound great to me but I'd love GOD MODE to be true :lol

RaGe_pt

When is TGS? I know it's this month but don't know the days. TLG has to be there or I'm going to cry... Those screens from ICO makes me wonder about that remake, make it happen Ueda, make it happen please.

AAK

Stumpokapow said:

You forget Ratchet Co op, Heroes on the Move, Motorstorm: Apocalypse. But is TLG really that relevant in Japan as well? How did ICO or SOTC do in Japan? The majority of buyers are going to be from the West for TLG anyway.

Having all those games in 2011 is overkill if I was Sony. SCEJ just settles with PSP titles and that is doing them perfectly fine considering the Japanese market. I find 2012 pretty reasonable.

Top Bottom