• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

He healed through the mists I throw on him. Was pretty lame that he did this. Plus his glitching through shit.

Wish I could summon and just gank his bum. Its beyond difficult now. More like stupid and making me feel stupid.
He will only heal once which is nice. I used poison arrows on him. If you have them, and are accurate, you can do it that way. I then just kept my distance from him on the stairs and I never even had to swing my sword.

He's hard no matter when you do it. I have friends who have 100%'d the game 6-7 times and they still have issues with him.

Sarcasm

He will only heal once which is nice. I used poison arrows on him. If you have them, and are accurate, you can do it that way. I then just kept my distance from him on the stairs and I never even had to swing my sword.

He's hard no matter when you do it. I have friends who have 100%'d the game 6-7 times and they still have issues with him.

Come back later. I did it late game and I murdered her first try. Playing bloodborne, never stay stuck too long trying to do one thing. The game always offer you several things to do at any point.

Where are you in the main quest? Have you tried chalice dungeons? First one is really easy. Have you done the other optional quest?

Doing other stuff will either make you play better or allow you to boost stats.

No poison, can't buy them.

But I got him. He got stuck in a statue. PUNK! He got unstuck at the end but that didn't matter..

Anyways, what do I do after killing him? Quest wise as wiki is unclear.

Sarcasm

Next area is pretty awesome.

Minus the fact that nothing drops blood vials. I do have like 300 left over, but I constantly worry lol >.<

Melchiah

Thanks! Wiki makes it seem like she dies in a pool of blood.

Also now I go to that area next to the cath now right?

Or where I ported from Rom?

So, you fought the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst just after beating Rom. No wonder it was so hard for you. I did it much later myself. To my knowledge there's no time limit for completing the quest.

Sarcasm

I mean does it ever get easier?

Not like leveling has that big a difference :-D

What is the level for random CoOping? When I beat the game that is what I will do.

sphinx

the piano man
Question about the old lady in Central Yharnam

I sent her to the clinic...not to the Chapel. What are the consequences now?

I guess I screwed up her questline in this playthrough, right?

jviggy43

Question about the old lady in Central Yharnam

I sent her to the clinic...not to the Chapel. What are the consequences now?

I guess I screwed up her questline in this playthrough, right?

Eh she doesn't have too much of a purpose really. Not sure how much more you want me to go into with regards to this mechanic so I'll just leave it at that.

So i like playing online but not really one for getting invaded.. Will i only get invaded if I summon a helper? Cause I summoned someone and got invaded.. Died.. Went and summoned again.. Didn't get invaded but the bell kept going off. Does that go away after a bit?

Deku Tree

So i like playing online but not really one for getting invaded.. Will i only get invaded if I summon a helper? Cause I summoned someone and got invaded.. Died.. Went and summoned again.. Didn't get invaded but the bell kept going off. Does that go away after a bit?

You can get invaded while the bell ringing maiden is alive. If you find her and kill her then you can't get invaded. She always spawns in the same place in each region. She usually starts ringing after you try to summon someone, unless you are in one of the two regions where she spawns by default.

The game still has a lot of co-op available the last time I checked assuming (1) that you are in the right level range and (2) in an area where people usually do co-op. E.g. if you try to summon for one of the super easy bosses then there may be no one looking to help you.

You can get invaded while the bell ringing maiden is alive. If you find her and kill her then you can't get invaded. She always spawns in the same place in each region. She usually starts ringing after you try to summon someone, unless you are in one of the two regions where she spawns by default.

The game still has a lot of co-op available the last time I checked assuming (1) that you are in the right level range and (2) in an area where people usually do co-op. E.g. if you try to summon for one of the super easy bosses then there may be no one looking to help you.

The person i summoned was a npc near the grand cathedral. Getting ready to fight the boss and got invaded and killed. So theres a actual creature i have to kill to stop from getting invaded.. Gotcha

Teeth

Welp, I finally killed Yarnham the Queen. Beat her first time, though I'm starting to wonder if I'm just wildly overlevelled (~150). It's kind of hard not to be when going through the entire Chalice run and normal enemies are dropping 5000-10000 echos each. I never stopped to grind and rarely did I ever need to do the levels more than once (I usually would clear out a level first time, go back and cash in my echoes, then die repeatedly at the bosses). Even the headless beast I beat second time by mostly tanking him and playing mildly cautiously.

So, the hardest bosses in the Chalice run (in my experience) were the Loran Darkbeast, the Abhorrent Beast (level 5 Loran), the second time facing the fire dog (just because your HP is halved and he one shots you with most stuff), and the Chalice Rom fight (MASSIVE test of patience). The rest weren't too bad.

I still haven't bought the DLC, which leaves me in a tough spot; I'd like to get the Platinum (which I'm assuming you don't need the DLC for), but I unknowingly subjugated myself to a second run because I:
1) Missed Eileen COMPLETELY on my playthrough. I have no idea how I didn't meet her even once, but somehow I managed to. I swear I explored everywhere as thoroughly as I could, but totally missed her. As such, I never got her weapon/badge, so I'll have to get that on New Game plus
2) I ate all the 1/3 Umbilical Cords before chatting with the last boss, so I can't get the two normal endings anymore. So I'll need to do another run for that as well :/

I was thinking I was just going to clean all this up on a quick NG+ run, but I don't want to do the DLC on NG+ on my first time (since I've heard it's a little too rough on NG+).

So now do I
A) start up a new game and rush to the ending to clean up those two normal endings (I don't want to do the Chalice dungeons again, so I'm not going to get the Beast Claw, so I wouldn't be getting that All Weapons Trophy from that)
B) Do a wacky save scum...basically, save what I have now and put it on a USB stick (right before last boss on NG), then go to NG+, speed through and kill Eileen for her weapon then roll back to my pre-NG+ save and wait til the DLC goes on sale.

...but I guess I would still need to do another run to beat the game with the normal and bad endings. *sigh*

I really muffed this up. Hahahah

Is 50 Skill/45 Bloodtinge good enough to get maximum use out of the Chikage's two forms, or would 50/50 increase my damage output significantly?

I'm primarily using the Threaded Cane with the repeating pistol (which is why my BT is so high), but I've been swapping to the Chikage occasionally. I'm not sure whether I should put my final 5 points before I reach 120 into getting 50 BT or 15 STR.

Ferr986

Is 50 Skill/45 Bloodtinge good enough to get maximum use out of the Chikage's two forms, or would 50/50 increase my damage output significantly?

I'm primarily using the Threaded Cane with the repeating pistol (which is why my BT is so high), but I've been swapping to the Chikage occasionally. I'm not sure whether I should put my final 5 points before I reach 120 into getting 50 BT or 15 STR.

Why STR? It will not do much to the cane and Chikage. I would go with BT (you'll probably use blood mode Chikage way more than Skill mode for the L1 to R1 combo).

AAK

OMG @ this fanart:

lrIARUc.jpg

Artist:

http://dragonizm.tumblr.com/

sphinx

the piano man
So Djura fell from the tower and his loot is unattainable, I can't see it anywhere.

internet says, I should reload via death or Hunter Dreams and the loot with be by the cannon, except it just doesn't appear, I reloaded several times already

is this glitch known? or did the loot land in a place where I can get it down there and I have to look for it?? I searched everywhere already...

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
So Djura fell from the tower and his loot is unattainable, I can't see it anywhere.

internet says, I should reload via death or Hunter Dreams and the loot with be by the cannon, except it just doesn't appear, I reloaded several times already

is this glitch known? or did the loot land in a place where I can get it down there and I have to look for it?? I searched everywhere already...

Id try reloading the game. So quit out and load back in. That's usually how i do it.

AAK

That's strange, the loot appeared for me when I climbed back onto the tower later on in the game after he fell off.

Maybe try doing different things? Unlocking shortcuts/doors to new areas, completing some chalice dungeons and then try again hoping that the code will trigger the loot to spawn.

sphinx

the piano man
Id try reloading the game. So quit out and load back in. That's usually how i do it.

yeah that's what everybody does, just not my game for whatever reason, maybe t's just the badge and not the hunter set.

That's strange, the loot appeared for me when I climbed back onto the tower later on in the game after he fell off.

Maybe try doing different things? Unlocking shortcuts/doors to new areas, completing some chalice dungeons and then try again hoping that the code will trigger the loot to spawn.

I bought the hunter set already, but I'd hate to get something like this for something that can't be bought,

yeah that's what everybody does, just not my game for whatever reason, maybe t's just the badge and not the hunter set.

I bought the hunter set already, but I'd hate to get something like this for something that can't be bought,
Djura's set is bought from the Insight shop, did you look there?

GAMEPROFF

Banned

It was next to the fence where the best lure, under the cannon for me.

sphinx

the piano man
ok, I've fought some good 7 bosses already and Vicar Amelia was eaaasily the hardest so far, it doesn't help that you are there at a point in which you are massively underleveled.

Djura's set is bought from the Insight shop, did you look there?

yeah I said it in the post you quoted :D thanks for asking.

It was next to the fence where the best lure, under the cannon for me.

you mean I have to drop from above where the cannon is?

You know what would be an excellent addition to this game? That once you beat it and start a new game, you can choose from every hunter weapon as your starting load out, or maybe even just every one you have already discovered from playing the game previously.

I really hate having to wait until whenever to start using a fun weapon I want to make a build for

zoodoo

Watchdog in defiled chalice is annoying. Not a super difficult boss but with half HP, he can easily one hit me. Too tired to try again tonight. Will check back tomorrow.

sphinx

the piano man
Forbiden Woods is easily the worst area Ive been to so far, long as fuck, looks boring, annoying boring enemies,

Cant wait to get ozt of hier.

h0tp0ck3t

ok, I've fought some good 7 bosses already and Vicar Amelia was eaaasily the hardest so far, it doesn't help that you are there at a point in which you are massively underleveled.

Amelia is where I almost dropped the game lol. I tried to fight her after Gascoigne and.... yeah it did not go well

Forbiden Woods is easily the worst area Ive been to so far, long as fuck, looks boring, annoying boring enemies,

Cant wait to get ozt of hier.

I absolutely hated Forbidden Woods as it was very confusing and seemingly endless. Once I opened the shortcuts and got familiar with the layout, it has become one of my favourites.

sphinx

the piano man
Here today's progress

.- Finished Forbidden Woods and Castle Cainhurst

.- Bosses beaten: Shadow of Yharnam and Martyr Loginus

.- Finished Alfred questline

I am suprised at how fast I've learned how to play this game, Shadow of Yharnam I had a companion hunter but even so, I normally die a couple of times, I even died once with the Witches of Hemwick...but this fight I got it on my first try.

Martyr Loginus is according to some boss ranking lists in the top 10 hardest boss out of the 30 so I feel I accomplished something. I died plenty of times but still didn't feel as cheap as Vicar Amelia.

Amazing fight, sometimes a bit cheap (like might boss fights in this game) but doable

do you guys say things out loud when you beat hard bosses? when I finally won i said DAAAAAMMMMMN!! THIS FUCKING GAME!! lol

Amelia is where I almost dropped the game lol. I tried to fight her after Gascoigne and.... yeah it did not go well

Grinding is kind of necessary in this game, that fight with VA is the moment you realize that.

I absolutely hated Forbidden Woods as it was very confusing and seemingly endless. Once I opened the shortcuts and got familiar with the layout, it has become one of my favourites.

I finished it and still don't like it, I find the uneven terrain really annoying, I can't barely see if there's a path or not.

Castle Cainhurst though...It's so beautiful...loved the architecture, the dark black color, the statues all over the place, The beasts outside fuck them, those are hard, I bypassed them.

it reminded me immediately of Castlevania: Lords of Shadows, there's also a castle with a huge library but I think this one has more detail put into it, it's also smaller if I remember correctly.

tomorrow I go to Byrgenwerth :)

sphinx

the piano man
Wait til you fight NPC hunters, especially if you are doing Eileen's quest.

I think I fought two of them to the side of Vicar Amelia's place. very hard and fast. You mean those or something worse?

I also tried the DLC and was greeted by one of those fuckers, said "nope, bye thanks"

Sarcasm

I think I fought two of them to the side of Vicar Amelia's place. very hard and fast. You mean those or something worse?

I also tried the DLC and was greeted by one of those fuckers, said "nope, bye thanks"

Something worse. I know two are during Eileens quest.

But I think the one before Rom is always there.

So, I'm RTTP on this, as I watched H.Bomberguy's videos on BB and DkS2 last week, and I felt inspired to come back and finish this up. I picked up a save from about a year ago, and to my surprise, I was pretty close to the end of the game. I was around The One Reborn/Amygdala, and now I've cleared everything up until Gehrmann and Moon Presence. I'm working on the DLC content now and I'm currently at Lady Maria.

I must say, I absolutely love this game, but it is almost ruined by the Blood Vial system. It completely devastates me when I die to a boss and I have too few Blood Vials to try again, so I have to go back and farm. This is pretty much why I gave up the last time, too, but I'm so close to the end, that I'll just stomach it.

So, I'm RTTP on this, as I watched H.Bomberguy's videos on BB and DkS2 last week, and I felt inspired to come back and finish this up. I picked up a save from about a year ago, and to my surprise, I was pretty close to the end of the game. I was around The One Reborn/Amygdala, and now I've cleared everything up until Gehrmann and Moon Presence. I'm working on the DLC content now and I'm currently at Lady Maria.

I must say, I absolutely love this game, but it is almost ruined by the Blood Vial system. It completely devastates me when I die to a boss and I have too few Blood Vials to try again, so I have to go back and farm. This is pretty much why I gave up the last time, too, but I'm so close to the end, that I'll just stomach it.

Yeah, farming blood vials is a pain early on.
Considering you're basically at the end now, it's probably easier to go to Mergo's Loft Middle, fight all the enemies there, then go back down the lift, throw yourself off and respawn (make sure you pick your echoes back up obviously). The pigs drop 3 vials most times, and there's 3 of them, and the Shadows can drop them too. You get around 70,000 echoes per run, and the two pigs that are together can fight the Shadows, which helps make it easier. Just spend those echoes on buying vials.

Yeah, farming blood vials is a pain early on.
Considering you're basically at the end now, it's probably easier to go to Mergo's Loft Middle, fight all the enemies there, then go back down the lift, throw yourself off and respawn (make sure you pick your echoes back up obviously). The pigs drop 3 vials most times, and there's 3 of them, and the Shadows can drop them too. You get around 70,000 echoes per run, and the two pigs that are together can fight the Shadows, which helps make it easier. Just spend those echoes on buying vials.

Don't forget to equip the Moon runes for increased blood echoes :)

That's not a bad plan, I suppose, but I do get about 6-10 vials per run just from going to Central Yharnam, and farming the brick giants and beasts there with less effort, I think. The problem is the two loading screens I have to go through to reload; no place to jump off from, either.

I will give this method a try, thanks.

That's not a bad plan, I suppose, but I do get about 6-10 vials per run just from going to Central Yharnam, and farming the brick giants and beasts there with less effort, I think. The problem is the two loading screens I have to go through to reload; no place to jump off from, either.

I will give this method a try, thanks.

Yeah, it's not a hard run, but the two pigs can screw you up at times. The Shadows aren't a problem whatsoever, and will die in around 4 his if you're leveled up enough. The first pig you can backstab and riposte, and for the two pigs just run past them and head to the group of Shadows. The pigs will follow you, and then you can just hide round the corner and let them kill each other, then finish off the stragglers.

It takes around 3 minutes per run, and if you're solely using the echoes for vials, it's infinitely more effective to farm this way. You get 9 per run at least, and enough echoes to get a load more.

ChrisD

My farming method was to go to the Nightmare's auditorium, the one you get to with the Tonsil Stone.

Buy ten~ Bold Hunter's Marks (they're cheap and save a loading screen)
Kill all the creeps in the big auditorium
BHM back to save
Repeat until out of Marks
Spend everything on Blood Vials and a few Marks when finished

This is how I farmed up a million to level up stuff when I was bored but didn't want to do anything too involved.

Mergo's Loft Middle sounds a heck of a lot more efficient, though. I should have done that lol.

Once you've got access to the higher level Chalice Dungeons farming just becomes a case of killing a few regular enemies, the amount they drop is obscenely high.

Top Bottom