• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroR

Buu had the smallest presence in the opening though. He only appeared in group shots with the entire cast.

Going solely by presence in the opening.

Goku > Vegeta > Gohan = 17 > Kuririn > Roshi > Tenshinhan > Piccolo = 18 > Buu

17 and 18 have about the same amount of scene time.

Slaythe

Toyotaro's perspective is always awful unless it's copied.

But it's only second worst to his necks.

Are you saying 17 and 18 have the same amount of scene time, or that they have the same amount compared to Buu ?

Because both are factually wrong. 18 has no solo scene.

HeroR

Toyotaro's perspective is always awful unless it's copied.

But it's only second worst to his necks.

Are you saying 17 and 18 have the same amount of scene time, or that they have the same amount compared to Buu ?

Because both are factually wrong. 18 has no solo scene.

I mean exactly that, her scene time is about the same except 17 got one extra scene by himself.

And it's a bit flaw to used scene time in an opening to decide who will be important. It would be better to look at who got the most character focus before the tournament. By that, it would be Goku, Gohan, Krillin, 17, Vegeta and Piccolo. 17 is odd since he fell off the map after his reintroduction and wasn't even around when Frieza was chosen to replace Buu and Vegeta is just kind of there.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Never quite understood why fansubs in general like to go HARDCORE with the insults thrown in these shows xD

Because fansubbers often have a poor grasp of the Japanese language and fall prey to the most basic of traps in translation: getting so caught up in the words you're translating from that you lose track of what would sound natural/good/make sense...

I think it's a combination of wanting to be cool, and the fact that Japanese doesn't really have swearing in the same way as English. Everyone in Dragonball - except Freeza, for the most part - is rude.

... And the "I'm so cool/edgy" thing too, you're right. And yeah, Japanese doesn't have really rude words, which is why you can have words like "kuso" ("shit") in shows aimed at children without anyone batting an eyelid. The real rudeness comes more from the content of what you're saying and your intonation than from your choice of words.

Gohan, by the way, is overly polite. He speaks in the polite form of verbs to nearly everyone, including his parents and his wife. I think they're overdoing it, honestly. I really hate it.

NeonZ

Not really. 17 gets a solo shot with him fighting. A static image with both 17 (again) and 18 appears in the background of the Tenshinhan shot afterwards and that's 18's only scene aside from group shots with everyone. The one you could argue having the same presence as 18 is Tenshinhan, since outside of group shots both appear in the same scene, but Tenshinhan is in the foreground and animated, while 18 is in the background and static.

Anyway, yes, I'm not really arguing that the opening will match the importance of the characters, but in Buu's case it did end up suggesting something odd about his presence.

Morlas

I really hope we either end up with merged universes or bringing back universes there's so many characters that I want to stick around for a while.

Fj0823

Arc is not over yet!!!

The thing is, even if Trunks got the Spirit Sword and finishes off the Zamasu clones in one clean slash the Arc would still be shit because Trunks has done nothing to earn it.

The spirit sword was deus ex machina BS, but at least Trunks deserved that kill, and it was satisfying.

Skeeter49

With 40 hours, wouldn't that have been enough time to have every single person from every single universe evacuate to one universe, and then the other fighters could have let that universe win?

Skeeter49

THE FUTURE TRUNKS ARC!!!

DChunxHWsAApYa-

Is that suppose to be Future Trunks?

It looks like History of Trunks Future Trunks.

Despite what the constant arguing in here may tell you, most of us feel the same. We just got it out of our system in OT1 and now have nothing to do but have cyclical conversations and arguments in between episodes and game reveals

But yes. It is awesome. I don't even like Super as much as "Prime DB" (King Piccolo -> Cell) but it's one of the only anime I watch these days and it is good. Better than Buu, IMO.

Agreed, way better than Buu (and there are sections of Buu I really enjoy but beginning to end, not a huge fan of it, way too Saiyan centered) through GT

If Super can continue to be as good as this arc (i've loved the episodes centered on getting this team together), I think it will be my fav section of the DB story. Beerus is amazing. One of the best things Akira has ever developed. I like what they've done with the supporting cast (Mai in the Black arc for example, Krillin development, Tien and Roshi, it may just be jokes but Yamcha is funny and he gets some screen time, bringing back 17) and bringing in other universes has brought in a feeling of adventure and exploration I think DB lost after the Frieza arc. I think transformations in Super have a lot of potential. Gohan seems to have his own idea for farther power-ups, Black had SSJ Rose in response to SSJ Blue. I think the transformations (maybe not power scale wise, but in terms of being interesting) are more appealing than SSJ2/SSJ/SSJ4 in the back end of Z and GT

With 40 hours, wouldn't that have been enough time to have every single person from every single universe evacuate to one universe, and then the other fighters could have let that universe win?

You are forgetting what show you are watching haha.

Even still, I'm sure both Zenos and the Grand Priest would know about it.

Adnor

Banned
there's something that feels off about this, someone who knows about drawing explain this

His arm is too short. Maybe his legs are too thick too, but he may just have puffy pants. Also his head is more to the right that it should be, like if his neck is not in the middle of his shoulders, but on top of his left shoulder.

Basically bad perspective job.

Skeeter49

You are forgetting what show you are watching haha.

Even still, I'm sure both Zenos and the Grand Priest would know about it.

Why would they care?
Just put them all on earth and have Goku and Vegeta kill them. Then wish them back with the DB's after teh tournament.

Shenron might hate them and go evil, but that's a better risk.

Sheroking

Why would they care?
Just put them all on earth and have Goku and Vegeta kill them. Then wish them back with the DB's after teh tournament.

Shenron might hate them and go evil, but that's a better risk.

The whole "wanting to erase universes" thing doesn't come from them thinking there's too much space.

They explicitly decided which ones are going to go based on the quality of their filthy ningens.

L Thammy

1. There's no guarantee that other universes have as few planets with life on them as Universe 7.

2. How many people are living on those planets? Considering that Earth is a backwater, its population is probably very low in comparison to major planets.

3. Very few people in the universe have the resources to travel from one universe to the next. Remember that Jaco considered the idea of moving to the center of the galaxy ridiculous, and since he's employed by and has close contact with the Galactic Emperor, he's probably got at least fairly modern (although probably not cutting edge) space travel technology. It would mostly be the high gods spending all their time warping people around.

...Oh, wait, I completely forgot the Dragonballs. I guess you'd need the Super Dragonballs, though, how quickly could someone gather those?

It is relevant since Black having a different body from Zamasu was kind of a big deal. So them bonding on a cellular level doesn't make sense.

I'm just gonna take this part here because we keep going in circles on this point. Being in different bodies meant they have different cells, of course. Their cells only bonded in such a way during the fusion, so it doesn't matter that the two bodies had different cells beforehand. The point that was made is that the cells bonded during their fusion.

Source: https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/878258555064696832
Episode 98 (9 July)
"Impermanent! Universe to Despair!!"

Episode 99 (16 July)
"Krillin's Latent Power!!"

Episode 100 (23 July)
"Awakening of a Berserk Warrior!"

Episode 101 (30 July)
"The Approaching Warrior of Justice!
"

Oh heck yeah. Excited for
Krillin's
!

Krillin is gonna be stronger than SSB isn't he

It turns out
Krillin was actually the one "holding back" against Goku in their fight.

What's the consensus here on the manga versus the anime? I gotta say I like their handling of Merged Zamasu much more in the manga.

The climax in general I think is better than the anime. If it keeps up It'll end up beating the anime version of the Black arc for me.

WAY better than last episode

but what is with TFS and the "repeated line" humor. I just get a cringey feeling at that now.

I hope that in episode 99
Krillin brings back his aura fist thing from his two parter. Those two episodes were written by the lead writer, so I don't think it's something that will be ignored.

Sandfox

Kai dub Vegito sounds quite a bit different even from how he sounds in the Xenoverse games. Sabat is doing a slightly different voice and it mixes weird with Schemmel's voice.

Skeeter49

They did.

They had them train together after Krilin's episode.

Basically the only confirmed shit tier in the team is Tien shin Han. Everybody else is gonna be whatever the writers want.

Eh, they had a sparring match to decide who gets the winnings. That really isn't training.

And it confirms Krillin is significantly weaker than 18, which RoF confirmed anyway.

Anth0ny

Goku's gonna be like
"Ah, looks like Kuririn's been holding back this whole time!" as he defeats someone that was giving SSB Vegeta problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom