• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony TGS Conference 2017 Thread - Hey Dante, will we meet again?

KiNolin

I mean, I can't even get mad, because it's pretty much known that Sony will be putting way more weight behind their PGW and PSX shows this year, so whatever. It's not like Shawn Layden can get away with devoting half an hour to rehashed trailers that we already saw months ago. PGW and PSX are gonna be good this year, call it a hunch.

receipts.gif

Some Nobody

It was a good TGS-tier conference. A few new announcements which were surprising but not mindblowing, a few updates on big upcoming titles, a bunch of release dates, new trailers, mostly JP-centric. They didn't even have to roll out ForwardWorks to pad stuff.

If you expected more than that, or you expected DMC5, well then, blame yourself or God.

I feel like you said something like this last year too, tho...

receipts.gif

Well, their last one back in '15 was acceptable, and if we interpret PGW as a replacement for Gamescom then a superior conference is all but guaranteed. Sony have had some excellent Gamescom conferences in the past.

Plus I got the impression that Sony were holding back a lot this E3. There were very few new announcements in total, so there's reason to believe they're exerting some restraint and reserving these new games for a later date. Hopefully that's the case anyway.

It was an ok conference. I didn't expect much. New footage of MHW was legit. Spiritual successor to Front Mission was cool. Fist of the North Star with Yakuza mechanics?! That should be fun.

Gurish

Even if they dropped bombs you can watch a fucking conference later on demand.

There is something special about watching bombs being dropped live with the rest of the internet I can't deny but it doesn't matter since:

1) It's his daughter for christ.

2) It's fucking TGS, we know this event for years now, the chances of it being a megaton show are slim to no existent, so to fight with your wife and miss your daughter's first day over a TGS show is pretty laughable.

so we got a cool teaser, MonHun release date and a bunch of already announced stuff

I simply cannot believe I missed my daughter's first day of primary school and got into a huge fight with the wife just so I could stay and watch this shit...

tumblr_inline_mwkmn133M81rurv44.gif

Sesha

I'm now in the camp that believes Devil May Cry is dead

I say this all the time. TGS is basically irrelevant. And even if it wasn't, TGS is Japan-focused and DMC is a global franchise. DMC doesn't have much of a history with TGS. We got reveals for DMC3 and DmC, and the gameplay reveal of DMC4. That was it. 1-3 were all E3.

Keep in mind Itsuno hasn't revealed his game yet. Wait for that.

tensuke

Holy fucking shit at ZOE on ps4/PSVR!!!!!! I read somewhere that it'll be on Steam as well? Hoping for vive/oculus support as well but just pc would be a dream.

And GUNDAM BATTLE OPERATION 2!?!!?!?!? That trailer, despite the cheesy vo, looked fucking awesome. I can't wait.

Ok. I finished the conference.

And the first thing that comes to mind is that 13 sentinels is most likely going to be censored in the west. No way the ESRB is going to let the poor widdle children be scarred by the sight of
naked
teenagers piloting awesome giant robots.

Also, I'm completely confused by the marketing for Ni no Kuni 2. The marketing for the game is so targeted to the west that there isn't a Japanese dub at all? Man, this sucks.

I guess Team Ninja is busy with bunch of stuff right now. I don't really expect to see DOA6 anytime soon.
But didn't they tease DoA6 during the pre-release marketing of DoAX3? I remember them saying that the butt physics in the new engine won't be used at "that unannounced game" (or something like that) since it was too heavy for the kind of game that it was. I thought they were talking about DoA6 there.

But I'm kinda curious, what other stuff has Team Ninja busy atm? Their work on Nioh should be done and I think most of the team moved away from that game after its release and the DLCs were done by a smaller team (at least that how studios usually handle post launch DLCs). Same with Dissidia Final Fantasy, since it should have a rather small team working on its new contents and additions.

Are they working on any other games that I'm forgetting about right now?

Mikey Jr.

Glad Sony is not putting too much effort into tgs.

Japan is a lost cause for them. Put on a token show, save your best shit for the audience that actually gives a damn.

Cmagus

Meh I actually enjoyed this conference more than E3 this year from a game perspective imo. I rather play a bunch of these games than Uncharted, Assassins Creed, God of War or Spiderman.

I don't get the mentality of some people. It's like if they don't announce the game that I WANT and don't mentioned a new handheld console or the return of pizza Dante then a conference is a failure.

Kyoufu

This was a pretty good conference for my tastes. Really looking forward to EDF5 (and maybe EDF IR), 13 Sentinels, Dragon's Crown Pro, Left Alive, MONSTER HUNTER WORLD and probably others I forgot about.

Dopeness.

Pejo

Holy shit, I didn't even realize TGS was starting. Where have I been?

Anyways:

- Noctis revealed for Dissidia NT - Awesome, I like Noct, I'll have to look up a trailer
- Dragon's Crown Pro - 4K, PS4/PS3/Vita crossplay - Fucking SOLD. Triple Dip baby.
- Final Fantasy IX for PS4 - Got on PC, but cool
- Gungrave for PSVR - Holy shit, no way. I need to look up a trailer.
- Zone of the Enders - the 2nd Runner for PS4/PSVR - They didn't forget about ZoE? OMG
- Earth Defense Force Iron Rain for PS4 - Awesome!
- Left Alive (PS4 game by Square Enix, Hashimoto, Yoji Shinkawa Designs) - Awesome!
- Monster Hunter World Release date 1/26/2018 (worldwide) - It'll be a happy new year for me.

Nice news, I might have to go back and find a recording of the conference.

Blowing my mind right now at Gungrave and ZoE VR.

Javier23

Banned
so we got a cool teaser, MonHun release date and a bunch of already announced stuff

I simply cannot believe I missed my daughter's first day of primary school and got into a huge fight with the wife just so I could stay and watch this shit...
You're just trolling us, I wanna believe. But if not, I'll just save this for the inevitable off-topic thread on the incoming divorce or cheating.

So if we are to believe SuperMetalDave Nintendo will now have a huge announcement? He did claim that a few weeks ago. That Sony would announce something that would affect Nintendo and vice versa.

Thought the show was ok. Not mad that I woke up a few hours early for it. Was luke warm on Monster Hunter World, but that trailer go me a little hype for. Looking forward to the game the beginning of the year.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I really doubt DMC is dead, they wouldn't have rereleased DMC4 and DmC on current gen platforms or put Dante in MvCI if they wanted people to forget.

Top Bottom