• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

Seriously, that was good, and I get annoyed by faux angry geeks putting on lame demonstrations. He had great footage to back up his rants... great stuff.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i actually had fond memories of TMNT as a kid. yeah it was hard, but there were patterns, tricks and glitches you could use to get through the game.

and i actually enjoyed the underwater dam level where you have to defuse the bombs. i think i actually managed to get through it without losing any life a few times. not sure though... it was a long time ago.

anyway, this guy should be a special guest on angry-gamer.net. he'd fit in so well :lol

Dezcom

I mean
I mean
I mean
I mean
I mean
I mean

I can't un-notice it. That's all I hear, I'm ruined. :lol

bluemax

Banned
The TMNT video had a link show up for me on youtube of an awesome 18 minute tool assisted TMNT speed run.

Which made me realize how evil that game is and how not far I ever got into it.

Nightbringer

Don´t hit me for my bad english plase
For me the game in NES wasn´t difficult since the NES controller was better than a lot of PC controllers and NES version had less difficulty than PC AT counterpart.

For example, Bebop (the first boss of the game) needed twice of hits in PC AT version and some of the enemies that appears in the Bebop to Rocksteady part of the game in PC AT doesn´t appear in the NES version until a more advanced part of the game.

Pussies, they are the same people that say that MegaMan 2 and 3 are harder games, I believe that my little brother can beat them in a conteporary game.

as much as he is right about how hard TMNT is playing it at a young age made me such a better gamer.

i could actually play to pixel perfection thanks to that game.

llTll

Banned
Of All Trades said:
He didn't even get to the Technodrome or Unkillable Shredder.

:lol
i reached shredder. and $@$#@ i couldnt kill him. i thought i was doing something wrong them i gave up :lol

eXistor

Fuzzy said:
I was wondering why he didn't just walk over it. I never tried to jump over it when I first played it.
Especially since he did walk over two exactly the same kinda jumps in the sewer stage (at about 3:40 in the video). Other than that, he's pretty spot on, i'm checking the rest out now.

Endgegner

eXistor said:
Especially since he did walk over two exactly the same kinda jumps in the sewer stage (at about 3:40 in the video). Other than that, he's pretty spot on, i'm checking the rest out now.

I'm pretty sure that the sewer scene is actually in the third level and after the first scene with the small gap, although he showed the scene in the sewer first. When you first played it, you always thought you had the jump because why would a game developer insert a gap if you didn't have to jump. It was really annoying.

I think I beat the third stage 3-4 times but always died really quickly in the fourth level. I think they had no qa back in the days... this game would have been pretty good (great graphics, sound, big leves, not too repetitive) but the difficulty was incredibly flawed.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So that is what things would be like if TTB ever started reviewing games.

Anyway, he could also have an unlimited source of inspiration if he covered the GBA library and all of the shovelware that system has gotten over the years.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
aaaahhhhhhhh...

do you remember when games we're real?

Nice to see those videos, nice to see.

Sander

Come on now, if you know anything about videogames wouldn't walking over the gap be one of the first things you'd try? It's pretty common.

Driving the van was my favorite part of the game :lol

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
while he right about most of the games (except castlevania2), i think he tries too hard with his insults and rolling rock
ill give him an internet life of 1 month before he gets really annoying

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
This guy's great and I hope to see more from him in the future... watched the Karate Kid video, and he is so dead on. What a frustrating game... can make it to the final stage but then after that its just impossible, since the enemies are like impossible to hit.

snatches

Good Lord that TMNT one was ****ing hilarious, I played the hell outta that when I was a kid. I LOL'd so loud at work everybody stood up and stared. Damn you Demi.

Gchaime

I actually quitte enjoyed TMNT as a kid and seeing this video makes me want to play it again. I never saw TMNT as an extremely hard game, all videogames where hard as **** back then. It actually took skill to finish a game back then, instead of just time.

bengraven

Gchaime said:
I actually quitte enjoyed TMNT as a kid and seeing this video makes me want to play it again. I never saw TMNT as an extremely hard game, all videogames where hard as **** back then. It actually took skill to finish a game back then, instead of just time.

Makes you want to play it again? That's like saying watching him play J&H makes you want to play it, period. No, he reminded me why I hated these games. I played bad games like TMNT, Roger Rabbit, Jaws, and Super Pitfall when I was a kid just because our family was poor and we would go long periods of time without new games.

I would never play any of these games today, but I still have fond memories of certain aspects of them. Super Pitfall and Jaws were the first free-roam games I ever played and Roger Rabbit directly led me into playing adventure games, most notably the Lucasarts ones.

THAT SAID: just keep your fond memories within and don't let them out. You'll only hurt yourself in the end.

That's great stuff, I remember the damn sewer level in TMNT, unbelievable. Also :lol at that pizza in the room with the collapsing walls, how the hell are you supposed to get that.

I'm totally with him on Castlevania 2, I totally think it's the worst of the older console games and I've never understood people liking it over a classic like Castlevania 3.

bengraven

GitarooMan said:
That's great stuff, I remember the damn sewer level in TMNT, unbelievable. Also :lol at that pizza in the room with the collapsing walls, how the hell are you supposed to get that.

I'm totally with him on Castlevania 2, I totally think it's the worst of the older console games and I've never understood people liking it over a classic like Castlevania 3.

BUT PEOPLE TRIED! I died a couple times, then gave up. I told my friend to not do it, but he tried over and over again. And again and again. The devs are probably somewhere in an opium den, laughing their asses off.

SantaC

TheTrin said:
God, I totally agree with TMNT. That game was way too ****ing hard, and it had nothing to do with TMNT at all...

NES games was hard. I finished TMNT. Sure it was frustrating, but certainly completable.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Scrow said:
and i actually enjoyed the underwater dam level where you have to defuse the bombs. i think i actually managed to get through it without losing any life a few times. not sure though... it was a long time ago.
I think you and I are the only ones who found the dam level easy. The next level with the damn sewer jump (featured in his video) was what always didt it for me. I actually got to level 4 ONCE. Lame.

The tool-assisted time run of TMNT is pretty cool. I was laughing at the ending with the classic Engrish translation "You have excelled my skills" :lol. To get through the sewer the person just basically runs through everything and takes damage sacrificing two of the guys.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
His Castlevania II review actually has some valid points. The gem thing was retarded.

What's interesting is that it has some really neat ideas that I would like IGA to try and do. Make a kind of living town and kinda string the world together. It does have some ridiculous "NES GAME" stupidity though. :lol at the last level having no enemies. But I like how actually FINDING the castle was part of the game. It's too easy now.

The TMNT review was absolutely gold. I hate games like that.

**** TMNT, I played that game for months on end, never reaching past the 5th or 6th level.

I'd love to see a review of Star Tropics. Talk about A) annoying as shit and B) making NO SENSE AT ALL. Let's use a magic ****ing yo-yo to kill things. And fat Hawaiian guys!

SantaC

worldrunover said:
I'd love to see a review of Star Tropics. Talk about A) annoying as shit and B) making NO SENSE AT ALL. Let's use a magic ****ing yo-yo to kill things. And fat Hawaiian guys!

I loved that game

ghibli99

The Castlevania 2 review was awesome and incredibly accurate. I played this game for the first time back around 2003 when I was going through all of the Castlevania games sequentially, and it was one of the most frustrating gameplaying experiences of my life (you know, aside from the bats in Stage 6 of Castlevania 1). I finished it, but not without having to visit GameFAQs every hour to figure out why I was stuck.

jjasper said:
The TMNT one is awesome. Just wondering has anyone ever actually beaten the game?

Yeah, the first videogame I owned & the first one I completed. But I was 8 at the time....I probably wouldn't be able to finish it now.

Christopher

TheDrowningMan said:
Yeah, the first videogame I owned & the first one I completed. But I was 8 at the time....I probably wouldn't be able to finish it now.

You beat that!?

the furthest I ever got was to the factory/streets...after that it was just toooo difficult.

I dunno about you guys but i never had that much difficulty in the dam part.

Top Bottom