• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

So he just has to do the Prologue solo and he should be good to go.

I feel like there's a disconnect between what you're expecting to happen. If you're playing couch co-op, you're only using one person's characters/account. So you only get the splinters once, and any character he levels while playing with you will be your character that will persist on your account even after co-op ends. If he goes home and plays he won't see any of the progress, but he will be able to start over on his own account and get the splinters for himself.

I don't really see why I need all these other players running around.

The game is kind of fun and if I squint I can pretend it's Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. But why the other players? :/

abundant

I don't really see why I need all these other players running around.

The game is kind of fun and if I squint I can pretend it's Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. But why the other players? :/

It gets really bad during patrols when you can't even see the bosses due to multiple people using their powers at the same time. Melee heroes especially are practically unplayable during those moments.

Toki767

It gets really bad during patrols when you can't even see the bosses due to multiple people using their powers at the same time. Melee heroes especially are practically unplayable during those moments.
I turn on the damage numbers just so I know where a boss is.

I do think playing solo is easier than playing in patrol though. Especially since the enemies in multiplayer scale to how many people there are. So it seems like even with a group you can't steamroll through bosses as either they have more HP or you're only really doing a fraction of the damage it says you are.

Also might as well be an offline single player/co op game, given how everything can be done by yourself with meaningless player interactions and lack of communication during gameplay as well as the hubs.

deim0s

That sub-30fps is a bit distracting... hope they fix this.

That's why I went with Nova as my first character. :p

This was kinda fun for two days when I pretended it was Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

Bored of it now, though.

Leveled up to 60 in the closed beta. At the end doing patrols the game basically just looks like this:
giphy.gif

k1t4j

So I just got a Legendary quest to go to Chapter 2, to the Crab Restaurant and stop the AIM robots insurgence... thing is there's no robots at the crab restaurant and the description text of this quest is cut off so I don't know what do to...

BLADE is basically barred from Legendery quests for now... lol

Hyun Sai

So I just got a Legendary quest to go to Chapter 2, to the Crab Restaurant and stop the AIM robots insurgence... thing is there's no robots at the crab restaurant and the description text of this quest is cut off so I don't know what do to...

Sometimes the mobs you need to kill are in a close zone. Happened to me in chapter 8 I think with those same AIM robots.

bombshell

What are those floating orbs, up to 5, circling around my character (Doctor Strange) and I've also seen it on other public space characters? I don't see any of my skills or equipment that would give me those, so their effect is unknown to me.

k1t4j

What are those floating orbs, up to 5, circling around my character (Doctor Strange) and I've also seen it on other public space characters? I don't see any of my skills or equipment that would give me those, so their effect is unknown to me.

It's one of your artifacts, a shield artifact I don't remember the name

k1t4j

Does any of you know if when you prestige a character, does he stop counting towards the 10% exp bonus you get when he's at 60?

BTHR Zero X

Does any of you know if when you prestige a character, does he stop counting towards the 10% exp bonus you get when he's at 60?

Everything I have read says they do, BUT if it is you only level 60 Character you lose access to you infinite points until you have one at 60 again.

I am getting a second up to 60 first to make sure. he is at 51 at the moment

Miggytronz

I'm having the same issue

Matty77

I'm having the same issue
Yeah it's a shit issue. I fixed it by switching characters for awhile then going back later to reset it, when you leave the waypoint and shack go down the map until you go over the skinny bridge, on the other side is shipping containers.

If working right the containers should pop and you have to kill a set number of robots. Hope that's helpful.

k1t4j

Yeah it's a shit issue. I fixed it by switching characters for awhile then going back later to reset it, when you leave the waypoint and shack go down the map until you go over the skinny bridge, on the other side is shipping containers.

If working right the containers should pop and you have to kill a set number of robots. Hope that's helpful.

Thanks man i'll try it later tonight.

On another note, there are some character that either I can't play them or they are straight up garbage...

Luke cage and Cpt. America, what the fuck? I never died so much on Heroic before and never mind trying the Super Heroic Trial... getting them to 60 for the synergies and I never want to touch them again, what a waste of splinters...

bombshell

It's one of your artifacts, a shield artifact I don't remember the name

I looked at my artifacts now, but I don't see anything that would give me shield like orbs around my character.

wVZBxw6.png
0Pn5Zgp.png

It's these orbs, if my description was unclear:

pxQFYq8.png

They're not always there.

k1t4j

I looked at my artifacts now, but I don't see anything that would give me shield like orbs around my character.

wVZBxw6.png
0Pn5Zgp.png

pxQFYq8.png

Ah! sorry, not the orbs I was thinking about then. You see, there's an artifact that adds orbs to your character, but they are yellowish. NO ideas what those are :S

I've been playing for a few hours now. Damn, this game is incredibly dull, the combat just puts me to sleep. It really feels like a poor man's MUA. Maybe it gets better later on but I don't know that I'm going to keep playing for long.

Matty77

Weird question from someone who hardly ever plays online especially online only. When I logged off marvel to play diablo this morning I saw in my notifications that someone asked me to join them which I would have, in fact I am upset I didn't but I saw no onscreen notification at all, and didn't know until I was back to my dashboard.

Is there/what do I need to do to get such notifications onscreen and there long enough I don't miss it, especially since I usually listen to podcasts unless online with others so visual is preferable?

Is it in PS4 settings or is there something I need to do in game. Would really like to actually join someone if I am invited to, it's part of the reason I got into Marvel was socialize online more?

Toki767

Weird question from someone who hardly ever plays online especially online only. When I logged off marvel to play diablo this morning I saw in my notifications that someone asked me to join them which I would have, in fact I am upset I didn't but I saw no onscreen notification at all, and didn't know until I was back to my dashboard.

Is there/what do I need to do to get such notifications onscreen and there long enough I don't miss it, especially since I usually listen to podcasts unless online with others so visual is preferable?

Is it in PS4 settings or is there something I need to do in game. Would really like to actually join someone if I am invited to, it's part of the reason I got into Marvel was socialize online more?

You get a system notification for it. You may have it disabled.

You may also want to consider downloading the PlayStation app so your phone goes off in case you aren't paying attention to the TV for a second.

Matty77

You get a system notification for it. You may have it disabled.

You may also want to consider downloading the PlayStation app so your phone goes off in case you aren't paying attention to the TV for a second.
Okay, thanks for the prompt reply, I'll check the system but will also definitely get the app.

Holy crap, how do you play melee in patrols? I can't see shit. Even if I lock on to a guy, my character will just swing at air instead of actually moving next to the person first.

abundant

Holy crap, how do you play melee in patrols? I can't see shit. Even if I lock on to a guy, my character will just swing at air instead of actually moving next to the person first.

They really need to add the option to turn off other player's particle effects otherwise, like you said, it's frustrating to play a melee hero on patrols.

I've logged over a thousand hours on the PC, and prestiged some of the "weaker" characters up through cosmic.

Hawkeye on PS4 is the worst tuned hero I've played yet. He's way worse than his PC counterpart, and desperately needs some of that itemization. I know how to play him including using his defensive skills and staying on the move...and simply can't do enough damage to kill Loki. Killing Doom took almost 15 minutes.

Even dropping down to the lowest difficulty, he's super weak. Content I've melted with my other four level 60s kicks my ass. Poor Hawkguy. I'm leveling up in Midtown and legendaries. Level 57 of pure misery. :(

I've logged over a thousand hours on the PC, and prestiged some of the "weaker" characters up through cosmic.

Hawkeye on PS4 is the worst tuned hero I've played yet. He's way worse than his PC counterpart, and desperately needs some of that itemization. I know how to play him including using his defensive skills and staying on the move...and simply can't do enough damage to kill Loki. Killing Doom took almost 15 minutes.

Even dropping down to the lowest difficulty, he's super weak. Content I've melted with my other four level 60s kicks my ass. Poor Hawkguy. I'm leveling up in Midtown and legendaries. Level 57 of pure misery. :(

I've yet to even die as colossus outside of the difficulty trials which seeems OP to me. Some fine tuning and balancing for characters is definitely in order

Menome

Oh great. Gambit's my main and Hawkeye was going to be my next character once the Kate Bishop skin was released.

I sure know how to pick 'em.

Raxious

So whats a good character to go for? Tried Spidey and like him, but not enough shards (currently just finished chapter 1). Also is it me or do shards drop less frequent than the pc version?

Toki767

Characters with summons have it easy when it comes to the Cosmic Trial so far.

Everyone else just kind of dies pretty easily.

Well except Jean I guess. Her Phoenix form just kind of destroys things with relative ease.

abundant

So whats a good character to go for? Tried Spidey and like him, but not enough shards (currently just finished chapter 1). Also is it me or do shards drop less frequent than the pc version?

If you want to be OP, pick between Blade, Colossus, Dr. Strange, Iceman, Jean Grey, or Scarlet Witch. From playing and lurking over at the official forums, those seem to be the most OP heroes in the game.

abundant

How is the game compared to Diablo?

It's like a poor man's Diablo. The combat is not as good, the loot is not as good, and the end game is damn sure not as good.

The game is F2P, so if you like Marvel and you like Diablo styles games, then it wouldn't hurt to put in a few hours to see how you like it.

Alo0oy

Banned
It's like a poor man's Diablo. The combat is not as good, the loot is not as good, and the end game is damn sure not as good.

The game is F2P, so if you like Marvel and you like Diablo styles games, then it wouldn't hurt to put in a few hours to see how you like it.

In that case, I'll try it out when there's nothing to play.

ptuck874

wVZBxw6.png
0Pn5Zgp.png

pxQFYq8.png

dang it I had these equipped just recently, I knew I got them near Dooms stage, or maybe right before, I know I got it going through the story, sorry, I can't remember the name of them.

JSoup

Banned
Man Cyclops is such a slog to level up.

If you like laser effects, he's kinda neat to level. With some gear that returns skill power per kill, you can basically walk into a pack, switch on his spiral Marvel Now blast and just stand there as each mob gets focused down in order.

johnhandy

I got some Flourish item that summons two groups of ninjas who fight each other. While this is cool by itself, I found that it has an unexpected side effect of being targeted by other mobs, too. I don't know if they have a ton of HP, but it's enough to give me a few seconds to breathe and wait for a cool down to come back up.

Top Bottom