• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

I don't know what the design council is but I assume it's something like the whales with maxed forma'd gear who are at the top couple percent. Listening to such players is among the absolute worst ideas for making your game accessible.

Edit: Also if that was the best they could come up with then they need to be decommissioned.

I am really not a fan of this new trend in the complete lack of information on the high difficulty reactor alerts. Both this time and last it does not convey the level in the alert, nor that the current locks you into melee only.
When in doubt just check the alert for the planet and select that planet yourself on the starmap - you should see all the details for the mission there.

Man, that was a rough one. Ended up pulling it off with a Valkyr modded with no power bonuses (because you usually have no energy) + Limbo modded with a nuke cataclysm. Wen we got to the juggernaut (surprise) the Limbo handled revives and the rest of us used our operators on the thing, with some Valkyr hysteria for good measure.

Lot of work for one catalyst, but those things are extra rare these days.

I don't know what the design council is but I assume it's something like the whales with maxed forma'd gear who are at the top couple percent. Listening to such players is among the absolute worst ideas for making your game accessible.
To be fair that mission wasn't about accessibility - it was basically a sortie level of difficulty. There is still a Gift of the Lotus mission that everybody can run for a reactor.

When in doubt just check the alert for the planet and select that planet yourself on the starmap - you should see all the details for the mission there.

Yeah I checked it after going in and seeing 120 level enemies and wondering why the hell I couldn't switch to my guns. I spent a solid 60 seconds thinking my game was glitched. I don't think you should have to manually go to check the node on the planet though. That's an unnecessary waste of player time when they have the ability to discern that information from the alert screen.

To be fair that mission wasn't about accessibility - it was basically a sortie level of difficulty. There is still a Gift of the Lotus mission that everybody can run for a reactor.

Again they give no indication that it is of that difficulty level from the alert screen which I assume is how 99% of players join missions. Which becomes an issue when you join PUGs and you find a R7 Mesa who didn't know what they were getting into. I had to abort at least 5 times because I was getting stuck with people ill-equipped for the difficulty. And admittedly the first time I selected the alert it was with a R1 redeemer I was going to grind, thinking I was just going to use my Tigris like I do with 99% the game.

I just think there are little simple QoL things they could fix if they spent time playing their own game. At least if I were developing it they are things I'd submit to be implemented before like... weapon nerfs.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah sorry design council is (I think) the ppl with titles on the forums (Seeker/hunter etc) They're ppl who put up money when it was in beta on PC and DE gave some of them design input (usually weapon naming or smaller stuff) but a lot of em are the whales/trade sharks/git gud types who think they can dictate how the game should be played/balanced. Sadly DE listen to them too much as they wine the loudest well the rest get fed up up and leave. They're the reason for nerfing of meta weapons, the rapid release of stuff instead of taking the time to balance things, keeping certain things exclusive or rare as fuck on purpose etc. Typical old school elitist grind loving hypocrites.

Yeah, they absolutely should list all the details under the alert - just saying how I mitigate it because their special event alerts always have some kind of twist.

On a completely different note I just realized I have a dozen Incubator cores because I think I build them every time I get an argon crystal otherwise I feel I am wasting them.

frizby

I hate bows and I hate conclave, I'm just starting matches and getting other things done, I'll take 6 L's.

Yup. I got lucky twice. My first game I slipped in the top 3 and the second I got in with under 45 seconds remaining for a quick L. Then it was just 2 matches.

Edit. And I totally agree. Locking stuff behind PVP in Warframe is BS. This heart statue isn't nearly as cool as the last one, but it's still pretty cool and is worth the 6 loss grind imo.

Crizume

Neo Member
If the PS4 Clan is still active I will gladly take an invite. Came back to the game and glad to see its been greatly improved from my beta days on pc 4 years ago.
Ign: MannyP09

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I still don't understand how the scoring even works. It seems to only count oro earned not kills but you don't get oro from every kill. And I usually get killed by someone else before even picking up dropped oro.

VariantX

I hate bows and I hate conclave, I'm just starting matches and getting other things done, I'll take 6 L's.

As much as I think conclave is an unnecessary resource drain, at least it wasn't Lunaro. The only thing I like in conclave is the fact that some of the conclave mods will migrate torwards the main modes
I really want those damage conversion mods to debut in the PvE already.

frizby

If the PS4 Clan is still active I will gladly take an invite. Came back to the game and glad to see its been greatly improved from my beta days on pc 4 years ago.
Ign: MannyP09

It's hardly recognizable from PS4 launch 3 years ago. I can barely imagine.

Invite sent. Welcome!

I still don't understand how the scoring even works. It seems to only count oro earned not kills but you don't get oro from every kill. And I usually get killed by someone else before even picking up dropped oro.

Assuming the event is the same as the one on PC...

Each kill will produce an Oro, and Oro is the way you win the match. Your actual kills are rather insignificant as long as you're grabbing Oro. Hell a solid strategy is to just killsteal at the last minute, or even get in and grab the Oro after the kill. That said, remember that Oro has a super strong magnetism towards whoever actually got the kill.

VariantX

Assuming the event is the same as the one on PC...

Each kill will produce an Oro, and Oro is the way you win the match. Your actual kills are rather insignificant as long as you're grabbing Oro. Hell a solid strategy is to just killsteal at the last minute, or even get in and grab the Oro after the kill. That said, remember that Oro has a super strong magnetism towards whoever actually got the kill.

Basically, its the same as kill confirmed from CoD. Pick up the dogtags(Oro) after each kill.

You have to manually pick the Oro where you killed the enemy, since this event is long range kills, you have to run a pick the heart shaped coins, other players can snach the Oro of your kill. Thats what I did , I just hide and got all the oro laying on the ground

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
That explains all the camping I guess. What a dumb system.

Speaking of dumb WTF is the g3 drop rate so terrible? At least when zaunka shows up every other year he drops multiple parts.

There needs to be more tiers for upgrading relics too. Or reliable ways to get specific relics. Hell a que system sorted by relic type/level would be nice too. I'm almost out of axi relics again and still no banshee systems or helios cerebrum. Still have 4 radiant of each but don't want to waste em on pub missions. Anyone still need those parts and have relics to run?

Part of the issue is no-one in recruiting will accept noobs on raid runs, I looked at wiki and video walkthroughs but need a real run.
We could probably put together a "teaching run" for LoR in the clan. Heck, I could probably use one for JV since I'm still not completely sure on all the steps involved in killing the nerves, the guys I run with just race through it before I can get my bearings.

frizby

I run at least one LOR just about every day, usually very early afternoon.

I'd be happy to lead a run at some other time, ideally on party chat. Here's what we need:

• EV Trinity: Tons of power and range, negative duration, probably the hardest job for a newbie
  • Nova: Normal build is fine other than notes below
  • Vauban: All of the range and duration you can manage for Bastille
  • Nyx: Also range and duration
  • Either Loki or Volt both with range and max energy capacity
Ideally, everybody who can runs Corrossive Projection, Primed Flow and Quick Thinking.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Edit: Also if that was the best they could come up with then they need to be decommissioned.

That's not exactly true: I am (or was, haven't checked in awhile) in the design council. And I spent... 80 bucks I believe on the game.

Ideally, everybody who can runs Corrossive Projection, Primed Flow and Quick Thinking.

As you cap off Corrosive with four people using it, it's better to do four people with Corrosive, four with Energy Siphon.

The Design Council is a special chat for people who spent money on the Founders packs back when the game was just starting out. You're being real shitty to some people who actually enjoy the game and have stuck around with it since the start. Typically they only have minor input in these kinds of events; in fact they did not decide on the Juggernaut at the end of the mission, just infested/melee only/defense mission. It was done by vote presented to them by DE, as most decisions they can weigh in on are actually done.

VariantX

As you cap off Corrosive with four people using it, it's better to do four people with Corrosive, four with Energy Siphon.

The Design Council is a special chat for people who spent money on the Founders packs back when the game was just starting out. You're being real shitty to some people who actually enjoy the game and have stuck around with it since the start. Typically they only have minor input in these kinds of events; in fact they did not decide on the Juggernaut at the end of the mission, just infested/melee only/defense mission. It was done by vote presented to them by DE, as most decisions they can weigh in on are actually done.

The design council also sounds way more glamorous than it is too. They really tend to get multiple choice polls about some things that may or may not get included in the future builds of the game. The most important thing that I know they get to do is suggest names for warframes/weapons. I recall it's nothing like what folks got to do in say path of exile where they got to design gear/weapons though with some restriction.

frizby

Trying to keep it simple.

That said, Energy Syphon is worthless in LoR and nobody ever runs eight people. You typically see the five I listed in normal and sometimes a sixth for nightmare. The aura mix is usually Trin running either Rejuv or Enemy Radar depending on her polarity and the other four running Corrosive.

You're being real shitty to some people who actually enjoy the game and have stuck around with it since the start.

Yeah, I was. The special alert had frustrated me after wasting about 40 minutes so I was mostly venting. Plus I didn't know what the design console was. I still take issue with a lot of the founders I see on the official forums though who can be dismissive of others having difficulty in places they do not.

Are there certain frames we know are never getting a prime variant, or has there never been anything said? I have 3 Orokin Reactors and I'd rather not use one on something that may get primed in the future.

Are there certain frames we know are never getting a prime variant, or has there never been anything said? I have 3 Orokin Reactors and I'd rather not use one on something that may get primed in the future.

All frames will be Primed eventually, Maybe Nezha and Wukong would be the last, as far as I remember all base warframes are covered now. We are gonna start to get Prime frames of the new ones starting Zephyr

VandalD

Unless DE pulls a Nova Prime (she took Banshee's prime spot years ago), judging from original frame release order and the prime release pattern of male, male, female, female, it can be inferred that these are the next 8 frames to be primed, in order:

Oberon
Hydroid
Zephyr
Mirage
Limbo
Chroma
Mesa
Equinox

Past this point it may get weird because we don't know how they'll handle Wukong and Nezha. The pair of them coming out threw off the male, female release order of original frames.

frizby

Clan update: I asked Wowbaggr to serve as co-warlord. He's been around and active for as far back as I can remember, and I'd hate for the clan to be left in limbo if something happened to me. I'm not doing anything different otherwise. I simply thought it best to have a backup.

Congrats (and thanks) Wowbaggr! :)

frizby

All frames will be Primed eventually, Maybe Nezha and Wukong would be the last, as far as I remember all base warframes are covered now. We are gonna start to get Prime frames of the new ones starting Zephyr

We've been getting "new ones" for a while now...unless you mean the ones that were on PS4 at launch.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
No. It's alphabetical for each weapon slot. There's a symbol with a number that shows how many forma you have on them but nothing for just catalysts.

Wowbagger

Is it just me or is it painfully hard to close a deal now that we've got server hosted dojos? There's no longer a message when an invited player joins the dojo, there are problems seeing each other (being put in different instances at times, I think?), crazy lag on all actions, and what the hell is this:

j6FZcov.png

Pretty sure our dojo has never been this crowded. This was a few hours ago and I wouldn't be surprised if I was actually the only one there at the time. Neither dojo chat nor trade post showed any names (though those seem unreliable now) and most of those dots don't even look like they're in any rooms we've built.

Also, loved how a transaction completed successfully, but I was told the seller left the dojo so the trade could not be completed. No plat lost, but received a "ty". Had to exit to my ship to see plat had actually been transferred and item gotten.

PS. Thanks, Frizby. Don't go anywhere, though. I just sign on and do random matchmaking. I fear the clan would die without you.

jfull7602

Neo Member
Clan update: I asked Wowbaggr to serve as co-warlord. He's been around and active for as far back as I can remember, and I'd hate for the clan to be left in limbo if something happened to me. I'm not doing anything different otherwise. I simply thought it best to have a backup.

Congrats, Wowbaggr....just remember, with great power comes great - eh, screw it. now it means you have to log in just as much as Frizby does. Haha!

Trading in Maroo bazar is a mess too. there is something wrong with the Instance interactions , Baro was despawing players this week

We've been getting "new ones" for a while now...unless you mean the ones that were on PS4 at launch.

The ones on PS4 launch , yes .

Unless DE pulls a Nova Prime (she took Banshee's prime spot years ago), judging from original frame release order and the prime release pattern of male, male, female, female, it can be inferred that these are the next 8 frames to be primed, in order:

Oberon
Hydroid
Zephyr
Mirage
Limbo
Chroma
Mesa
Equinox

Past this point it may get weird because we don't know how they'll handle Wukong and Nezha. The pair of them coming out threw off the male, female release order of original frames.

I forgot about Oberon, he will proably be the first male prime of that bunch.

VariantX

Nice. Good news indeed.

Daemul

Oberon
Hydroid
Zephyr
Mirage
Limbo
Chroma
Mesa
Equinox

Chroma is so far away, holy shit.

I may look into cryogenically freezing myself.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Man this game is so damn buggy. Had the data mass fall through the map on first sortie today. Then matchmaking bugs like usual. Had enemies spawn under the defense map. Then got the easiest riven ever. Find 16 medallions. Got a quanta riven with +crit chance, +electric, +fire rate. That's decent no?

VandalD

As a fan of Nezha, I feel your pain. I don't even know how they'll handle him.
Kind of expect him and Wukong to get primed at the same time. But I guess we'll find out in a couple years.

Man this game is so damn buggy. Had the data mass fall through the map on first sortie today. Then matchmaking bugs like usual. Had enemies spawn under the defense map. Then got the easiest riven ever. Find 16 medallions. Got a quanta riven with +crit chance, +electric, +fire rate. That's decent no?
Well, Quanta isn't too much of a crit weapon, but it's a continuous weapon, so you can't depend on its status procs. So at least you got crit instead of status. Nothing wrong with more electric and fire rate though. Decent riven.

Hope they fix status for continuous weapons sometime soon. My Quanta Vandal build currently has 104.5% status on it and the proc rate is still really bad.

Top Bottom