• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

scitek

Yeah I think so it just asks you to choose where to save the lossless ones to and you are good to go.

That's awesome. I always have FRAPS or Afterburner running, but I also always use BPM, and its Home+Right Trigger's really easy to use. Eager to give this a try later.

Just testing some downsampling resolutions. Looks pretty good if you ask me.

ibgWkroY36qu5h.png

Guys that are playing the SimCity beta worth the hour you get to play? If not I would rather give my key to one of you more excited for Simcity.

220440_2013-01-25_000zkkl8.png

220440_2013-01-25_00081jq3.png

Don't think I'll post any more DmC shots after these for a few days. This is still in the early goings and I don't want to spoil anything for people.

Lime

One question about DmC: Is the writing as stupid and over the top/melodramatic as Ninja Theory's earlier output?

Chairhome

One question about DmC: Is the writing as stupid and over the top/melodramatic as Ninja Theory's earlier output?

I'm a casual fan of Devil May Cry (played and loved 3 and 4), but I think this game is really well done. I haven't played earlier Ninja Theory games, but so far, one character seems a little melodramatic
Vergil
but I think they nailed Dante. He's more likeable than the old one, in my opinion. And the game is gorgeous and oozes style.

Spazznid

ibfFcYeRJ2ZpNF.png

Despite the crappy hostess and the terribad stream, the competition was great. With some more optimizations, I really hope they do this again (Just without the slutty hostess).

And to see Totalbisciuts wide face when he lost those first two rounds outright and then when he made excuses and accepted the reward for being popular, lawls.

Vanu 4 Life

Lime

I'm a casual fan of Devil May Cry (played and loved 3 and 4), but I think this game is really well done. I haven't played earlier Ninja Theory games, but so far, one character seems a little melodramatic
Vergil
but I think they nailed Dante. He's more likeable than the old one, in my opinion. And the game is gorgeous and oozes style.

Thanks for the reply. I always like when main characters are likeable in some way or another, so that's a huge plus in my book.

This is as low as the tilt filter goes. Didn't run any sort of extra aa so this is the best It'll look at standard max settings. Included AA is just an on/off toggle. It wouldn't register any of my custom resolutions either for whatever reason. Just from the tutorial so someone might have already posted similar shots a while back that I missed.
spark_2013-01-26_00-50xj6y.png

spark_2013-01-26_00-4ueked.png

Bank robbery shootout, kind of cute.

So what's the word on Geforce Experience? Is it pointless for folks using Nvidia Inspector regularly, or are there added benefits/better compatibility bits?

Sethos

Banned
GeForce Experience sounds interesting.

Could be a good way of finding a solid baseline and then working from there. That's half the work, figuring out where your baseline is and it's the most boring aspect of tweaking.

Sethos

Banned
On one hand I think it is a good thing helping out the more inexperienced among us but I hope it doesn't stop people actually learning how and what a lot of the options do.

But that isn't the point. It doesn't take over from manual tweaking;

Even if you’re a hardcore PC gamer there’s a good chance that GFE has something to teach you. You may still enjoy tweaking your settings, so they’re exactly how you want them, but GFE will give you a great starting point to move forward from.

It's about removing that boring aspect of just finding the baseline settings that work for your setup, FPS wise. THEN you can do all the minor tweaking from there to increase FPS to a point where you might increase a setting or two. It's about the game's settings more than all sorts of fancy Nvidia Inspector bits.

I think it sounds great.

But that isn't the point. It doesn't take over from manual tweaking;

It's about removing that boring aspect of just finding the baseline settings that work for your setup, FPS wise. THEN you can do all the minor tweaking from there to increase FPS to a point where you might increase a setting or two. It's about the game's settings more than all sorts of fancy Nvidia Inspector bits.

I think it sounds great.

I know but if you don't give the incentive to delve into the options why would you?

JoshHood

This is as low as the tilt filter goes. Didn't run any sort of extra aa so this is the best It'll look at standard max settings. Included AA is just an on/off toggle. It wouldn't register any of my custom resolutions either for whatever reason. Just from the tutorial so someone might have already posted similar shots a while back that I missed.

If I remember rightly, you can't change many settings in the tutorial, and have to wait for the proper level. Could be wrong though.

Also, I'm sure you know, but just to pass on the message that posting screens and video of the beta is Origin-bannable (I have no idea how they'd possibly know your ID, but still ;)

Because we already have tools for that. If you don't see a use for it, it's not aimed at you.

That's kind of the point I was trying to make, I understand some people just want to play games at the best possible quality their PC can do but I feel like learning what everything does in the options menu is important as well. Right now it is important you at least get a basic understanding of all of the common options and work from there.

Top Bottom