• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My girlfriend is a lesbian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSteel

22-23? She probably feels like she still has a lot of ground to cover before settling and only just realized this. Plus if she hasn't really explored her sexuality and feels she's not being completely honest with herself, there's that mountain to climb as well.

I guess that was where the open relationship part came to being. Obviously that's the past now.

bjb

Banned
Man there really should be an official break-up thread.

That being said, OP just give yourself time. That's all you can do, outside of picking up new hobbies and meeting new people.

I went through the worst breakup imaginable (betrayal, lying, cheating, close friends involved) this past summer. It took me a really long time to get over it. I never thought I would at one point.

Months later I'm happy and life moves on. Just know that you'll eventually meet someone who is a better fit, and wants to actually be with you because you're you.

commedieu

Banned
jbnow4OjR9Vwru_e.jpg

(snicker)

BlueSteel

2 on the same week ?

Will only believe if OP has awesome red shoes

Sexuality is a much more complicated thing than putting labes like heterosexuality and homosexiality makes it look.
A person CAN be lesbian and love a man or love masculinity and prefer butch girls ... people minds are not that simple.

It is NOT your fault, there was nothing you did or avoided to do that would have changed this.
Cheerish the memories of the good times you had and move on with your life.

She probably is in a way more complicated state of mind than you, so give her all support you can. It is not everyday you discover that you belong to a minority without equal rights and huge prejudice in most places.

I will support her every step of the way. I just need to clear my mind. Thanks for helping me through this guys.

this guy

With any other girl and in another situation, I probably would be too. However, she's been through a lot of tough times. I want her to be happy, and if this is what's to happen then I guess I'm ultimately happy.

I don't know about where you guys live, but the sun is bright in Chicago
Chicago you say? Pics of the GF?

Don't get me wrong, this is know what I have to do, and I'm moving on with my life even as I type this. I'm not going to cling on to her in hopes things will change. Maybe they will and she'll decide she still has feelings for me the romantic manner, but this is the path we've chosen, and we're gonna live with the consequences.

In my haste I typed a thread title that didn't match the actual content. I'm sorry.
You'll get through this and be alright, man. Creating a thread and putting your business out there when you are at your most vulnerable state, will draw a lot of different opinions and mocking, but it's a good tool to vent and get stuff off of your chest and ease your mind as well. It does help.

BlueSteel

You don't need to have sex with somebody to be completely sure of your sexuality.

I figure people posting on this website would know that.

I see people quoting this as if it's some sick burn. I'm not stupid, I know that. She's not sure though, and if I didn't make that clear well then I'll rub my dick with rubbing alcohol if it makes you feel any better.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I see people quoting this as if it's some sick burn. I'm not stupid, I know that. She's not sure though, and if I didn't make that clear well then I'll rub my dick with rubbing alcohol if it makes you feel any better.
It is a sick burn. It doesn't have anything to do with you.

massoluk

Banned
I know you are feeling down and all and I should be consoling you, but I can't help feeling "Awesome" in my head.

Remind me of that football thread where a dude walked into his boss masturbating in her office. Well, the ending was anticlimatic, but still.

I don't think you understand why that is a sick burn, or who it is directed to.

However, I'm at the epicenter right now, with the news happening within the hour. I'm trying to find ways to cope.

Jameson_Irish_Whiskey_1.jpg

Break ups suck man. Have a few.

See if you can still be friends (i doubt it since you were that close) but everyone is different. Life goes on and things will get better man.

"the sweet isn't as sweet without the sour"

Btw, how long were you two together? I think I missed it.

Satch

Banned

I didn't even quote you.

edit: I see it was a misunderstanding. All good. xoxoxo

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Adopt Weezer's "Pink Triangle" as your new anthem.
The song is based on a real person that Weezer frontman Rivers Cuomo encountered while a student at Harvard. Years later, he discovered that the woman was actually not a lesbian but merely showing support for the gay community by wearing a pink triangle.

Never give up, never surrender.

Just move on bro, it has nothing to do with anything you did or didn't do. You're young, face reality: any girl you get with right now likely will not be "the one" so don't trip. I'm not saying you should treat potential girlfriends like shit because it doesn't matter...I'm saying don't get obsessed over a mirage. If it works awesome, you beat statistics. If not...dust yourself off and re-enter the market with more experience.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia

My man.

OP... things are probably going a mile a minute for you right now, just try to breathe and slow down for a bit. If it gets too much for you, and you need some time alone I'm sure your girlfriend (ex?) will understand. Just tell her that a lot of stuff just happened, and while you want to keep talking to her about it, you just need a little time to get it all sorted in your head.

Emwitus

LoL same thing happened to me except the girl said she was emotionally confused...like what does that even mean! lol :( I guess eventually i got around to figuring it out.

I'm so low right now GAF. Help me.

Updated thread:

- Girlfriend wanted an open relationship a few weeks ago. Seeing as I think this would be pretty cool, I agreed.
- Girlfriend has talked about how she doesn't see guys, or even girls in a sexual manner that "normal" people would see.
- While on the "open relationship," gf talks about how she's started seeing girls differently.
- Today, she realizes she's more attracted to girls than guys, thinks she may be a lesbian, and ends the relationship.
- I'm doing OK. A lot better than when I posted this of course.

So she was only with you because of physical attraction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom