• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Versus coming west to PS4 this fall (New Trailer)

Lgndryhr

Very excited for this game. I voted for the Wing Zero and Freedom boxart. Gundam Wing was my first Gundam anime and I have been hooked since.

I like cover 1, but I can't stand having two Gundams from different universes, so it's gotta be 2 for day UC goodness. Plus Unicorn and Nu are both amazing designs.

Looking forward to this hardcore. Always wanted to make a JP account and by EXVS, but kinda hard to do so when I don't have a ps3

I didn't play the beta but usually they don't require Plus. The final game will probably require it like every game.

Local play will be annoying, but iirc you just need a main user account with plus present in the system so you should be able to get by with two accounts instead of four.

sensui-tomo

You can DL it on your JPN account and then play online via a US PS+ account right?

you can play online if its a free download and you have ps+, if the beta requires PS+ to download, you'd need a japanese ps+ membership on that account.
But yeah any plus membership allows you to play online on all accounts on your ps4 (if the ps+ account is the main account on the console) But you dont get PS+ benefits across other accounts unless they too have ps+

I've heard these games are quite difficult to play, is that true? Really don't have the time to invest if that's the case.
It's really easy to pick up actually. No crazy inputs or anything. There is a learning curve like every competitive game of course, but it's more about understanding the game flow and space more than anything else.

YESSSSS! I already put in an import preorder, but this is great for all the Gundam fans in NA/EU. I think I'll show support and get the NA copy too. I already can't wait until July for this to come.

No they aren't. Actually they are quite easy to learn from my experience.
It's really easy to pick up actually. No crazy inputs or anything. There is a learning curve like every competitive game of course, but it's more about understanding the game flow and space more than anything else.
Easy as hell to play. Just 4 buttons and a direction control. There's a lot of nuance in the combat though.
Phenomenal, thank you. I'll definitely be picking this up on release then, need a decent Gundam game in my life.

KHlover

Banned
So I've looked it up and you can play as the NZ-666 Kshatriya in Gundam Versus? Daaamn, this might actually be the game that forces me to buy a PS4.

ngsm0.jpg

Just look at this beauty o_O

Neiteio

Is the series people keep comparing ARMS to?
I think. The ARMS comparisons have me interested. Plus, I really liked the show Gundam Wing, back when it was on Toonami.

Only problem: All of those covers are amazing! Maybe they can pack in two reversible covers so we can have all four?

It's crazy to me how many popular staple units won't see representation in this game... no Endless Waltz, SEED Destiny (or SEED spinoffs), no 00 past the first season? And then on top of that, no G Gundam, which is pretty popular and has a massive roster of potential units. Then no X or AGE, which are less popular but still could have gotten a token unit or two. No 0080 seems a bit weird as well.

I mean, I'm FINE with that, because with a roster of 90+ it means we can get hella love for the large number of series that are in. It feels like the series list was picked to leave room for massive expansion in the future. In a way, it might be smarter... while it seems counterproductive not to feature as much as possible from the most popular AUs, it means that they can get a lot of representation for their early stuff now and get those later units in a sequel, so that their total representation is very high.

Top Bottom