• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Move Thread: It Only Does Everything

leroidys

I bought 2 Moves for 30€ yesterday and got Sports Champions and some demos, and I really have to say I'm truly impressed by how well they work and how accurate they are. This is the first time I felt that motion controls really work, much better than Wiimote or Kinect.

So yeah, recommend me some games (not minigame/sports compilations though, SC is fine for that) with Move support I guess? SP, MP, Move only or just supported, doesn't matter.

I love the move implementation in LBP2, and you can do pretty much anything with it in create mode which means that there are tons of free move games with all sorts of implementations.

Foshy

I love the move implementation in LBP2, and you can do pretty much anything with it in create mode which means that there are tons of free move games with all sorts of implementations.
Oh yeah, about LBP2: I tried Prehistoric Moves, are the DLC levels meant for 2 players too (one guy playing and the other using the Move)? My little sister was more interested in trapping me than helping me beat the levels, and while that's fun too, I wouldn't mind to be able to actually complete the DLC levels alone :p

Oh yeah, about LBP2: I tried Prehistoric Moves, are the DLC levels meant for 2 players too (one guy playing and the other using the Move)? My little sister was more interested in trapping me than helping me beat the levels, and while that's fun too, I wouldn't mind to be able to actually complete the DLC levels alone :p

prehistoric moves is NOT LBP2 , it's LBP1 ...
In LBP2 , everything is much much more flexible

leroidys

Yeah, I know it was on the LBP1 engine but it came on my LBP2 disc (at least here in Europe, don't know about US). What do you mean with flexible?

Prehistoric moves was just on the disc so that they could slap the "Move" sticker on the box. The actual move part of LBP2 came much later as DLC.

Bradach

I just watched the black ops video for the Wii U. He said that it would support all the control methods of the Wii U, the gamepad, pro controller and the wiimote and nunchuck. That got me thinking, if they're adding pointer controls anyway could they not make it move compatable too? Will we see more move support from 3rd parties for move as an indirect result of wii u support? I hope so!

Lachie007

Disappointing that resi 6 doesnt have move support (from what i can tell). After playing through re4 on wii and re5 with move its a step back playing with the dualshock!

Bradach

Since treyarch have done all the work for pointer controls for blops2 wiiu what's the chances of a move patch? Anyone heard anything?

Beyond the Media Molecule sculpting/music demo, it seems like people assume Move will carry forward on the PS4. If so, how much support do people expect it to receive?

I've said before it's a good light gun peripheral (Dead Space Extraction, House of the Dead games), and I hope to see it used in more 1st/3rd person shooters along the lines of RE4 wii edition/SOCOM4/Killzone 3. Will this happen?

Number45

If the camera technology (and the content for it) is compelling enough so that it sells enough units (it's not going to be bundled, right? At least it's not expected in the standard SKU) then the Move becomes more attractive I would think as the cost of entry lowers.

I'm not convinced though. Peripherals need that killer app, and I'm not sure what it would be (but that's probably why I'm not a game creator).

Number45

have they said whether or not the new eye camera is able to auto adjust itself like Kinect can?
The Kinect adjusts by moving the entire unit, right? The image on the blog doesn't look as though the casing would be able to move of its own accord, but I guess the cameras themselves could move within the housing? Obviously all subject to change etc.

8493789876_d2239c5151_b.jpg

jayb

The Kinect adjusts by moving the entire unit, right? The image on the blog doesn't look as though the casing would be able to move of its own accord, but I guess the cameras themselves could move within the housing? Obviously all subject to change etc.

8493789876_d2239c5151_b.jpg

There could still be room on the end to house a motor to rotate it up and down.

Agent X

Beyond the Media Molecule sculpting/music demo, it seems like people assume Move will carry forward on the PS4. If so, how much support do people expect it to receive?

I've said before it's a good light gun peripheral (Dead Space Extraction, House of the Dead games), and I hope to see it used in more 1st/3rd person shooters along the lines of RE4 wii edition/SOCOM4/Killzone 3. Will this happen?

I'm confident that the next Killzone game on PS4 will support Move. Killzone 3 on PS3 made great use of Move, so they'll want to continue to offer that level of control on the PS4 game.

There will surely be other PS4 games that utilize Move. They do need to work on reducing the price of the Move motion controller, though.

Top Bottom