• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEH FIANAL LOVDOWN. shufflemoveto the infooplace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoJer

^_^ cloudpower=praroleofficer. desined from day1@s DRM. peirod. uknoo this alreyad thogh.,, MS idaea. aproached third parties wplan not otherway around. EA/Ubi bigest boostrs but lesa Activbliz whcih makes mye haed fulll of weird#!

Considering the whole SimCity debacle, where they promised the same thing (cloud is needed to perform complex calculations your computer just couldn't handle) which turned out to be a complete lie, it was just about DRM, I'm surprised so many people think the cloud power is real

Microsoft is actively attempting to make sure that multi-platform titles do not mention the PS4 version ("buying" the non-mentions--presumably by offering incentives). As a result, there will be titles that do not have a PS4 version mentioned, but are arriving on PS4. Unless exclusivity is explicitly specified, there is a PS4 version behind the scenes, but it's not being discussed.

Ugh. That is such a Microsoft thing to do. Sony's done it before to be sure, but it almost sounds like MS is doing this for every single non-exclusive game they can find.

I'm kind of disgusted that third parties are going along with it too. That might have a serious effect on my buying habits moving into next gen. I don't want to feed into Microsoft's spite campaign.

EDIT: What's the "other Capcom game"? Not Dragon's Dogma 2/Deep Down, right? It'd be kind of a smack in the face to Sony if they announce it at their console reveal and then give exclusive DLC to the competition...

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
1. Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions. If they don't say "OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE" expect a PS4 version. #truthfact

2. More DRM messaging at Gamescom. There is no rental strategy. Try to sweep it under the rug and hope people don't remember.

3. Cloud power was designed as DRM. Period. DRM was Microsoft's idea. EA and Ubisoft are supporters, Activision slightly less so.

4. DRM plans are actually worse than what they've stated.

5. Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference.

6. Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference.

7. Secret Phil Spencer game = World of Banks?

8. Live paywall still there.

9. Dead Rising 3, and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game at MS conference.

10. No online paywall for PS4. Unconfirmed.

11. No DRM info for PS4.

I read it well! Awesome. I should translate future CBOAT's posts.

kick51

Banned
DFNfMAw.png

I would imagine that they can't mention any PS4 versions any during the MS presentation.

Anything after that would be fair game.

Well of course they won't mention the "PS4" during that conference. The problem is not saying that it will be available on other platforms and/or not have the PS4/PC version on the show floor as the rumor indicated earlier this week.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm curious to know what will transpire when journos inevitably ask about a PS4 version. Omitting info is one thing, but lying would be a whole new ball game.

"We're not discussing that at this time"?

Basically. The press releases should tell the whole story.

MS buying PS4 non mentions, AKA if the game does not say "exclusive for Xbone" then there is a PS4 version

Stage 2 DRM will be explained in depth at Gamescom, stage 1 was last week. No rental support

Cloud was designed as DRM from Day 1. MS approached publishers, of which EA and Ubi were the biggest supporters

DRM is worst then what we expect

Mirrors Edge 2 is not an exclusive

Prince of Persia for the MS conf.

World of Tanks from Phil Spencer

Live Paywall is still up, even for F2P games

Dead Rising 3 and exclusive DLC

No paywall for PS4 online gaming

Banned
1. Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions. If they don't say "OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE" expect a PS4 version. #truthfact

2. More DRM messaging at Gamescom. There is no rental strategy. Try to sweep it under the rug and hope people don't remember.

3. Cloud power was designed as DRM. Period. DRM was Microsoft's idea. EA and Ubisoft are supporters, Activision slightly less so.

4. DRM plans are actually worse than what they've stated.

5. Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference.

6. Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference.

7. Secret Phil Spencer game = World of Banks?

8. Live paywall still there.

9. Dead Rising 3, and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game at MS conference.

10. No online paywall for PS4. Unconfirmed.

11. No DRM info for PS4.
Thank you. Now I get it. I guess this is a legit info leaker I didn't know about and he thinks his code is cute lol. Thanks for the info Cboat.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Loose Translation (My thoughts in parenthesis.)

MS actively attempting to buy silence on PS4 announcements. If you don't explicitly hear "exclusive for Xbox One", assume otherwise.

Stage 2 of discussing the DRM strategy will be discussed at Gamescom. Rental strategy is a lie. No plan for support; just want to keep quiet. Stage 1 was last Thursday's total clusterfuck.

The "cloud" is totally just a ploy for DRM. It's MS that approached third-parties, not the other way around. EA/Ubisoft support it a lot, but surprisingly not Activision.

One of the DRM plans is worse than you imagine. Can't get enough evidence to say more; people are scared for their jobs.

Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference. No Tim Langdell. (lol)

Prince of Persia regurgitate for MS conference (port/remake?)

Uh.... World of Tanks? (No idea here.)

Xbox LIVE is still not free.

Dead Rising 3 and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game. (Not sure if DR3 is exclusive.)

Can't confirm anything about paying for Sony online.

Sony completely guarding any info regarding DRM.

Final words before I hibernate:
1. All praiseNeoGAF.
2. Thank all you doubters, your bitter tears are my bidet.
3. Be nice to Major Nelson, he has a job. Like Al Snow. (who?)
4. My balls, my word.

This is the translation I endorse... lol

Josman

At first I was like.. Dafuq is this, then I read who the OP and my life had a purpose again, so no mention of Fallout? That's good, nothing personal but I don't want it to be made for the weakest hardware and then upscaled.

Thank you so much so much cboat! I really really appreciate your contribution so much. Can't believe the drm gets even worse wtf lol. Bow down to you, and until next time bud!

raphanum

^_^ confiemed micresft actively attemptbuyinr PS44FOUR nonmetnions. IF y dont explifitly here 3rdparty say “OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE’ confdinetly assuem Ps4 version is avabilelbe behind scenes. #truthfact

^_^ stag2 indethpth drm mesaging a@t gamescom. rental stretegy is no stratgy, nolpan for support, just watnt o keep quiet. nontalk execs! beacuse mesaging isnt done. stagae1 waslast Tursyfday...clusterfuktotal

^_^ cloudpower=praroleofficer. desined from day1@s DRM. peirod. uknoo this alreyad thogh.,, MS idaea. aproached third parties wplan not otherway around. EA/Ubi bigest boostrs but lesa Activbliz whcih makes mye haed fulll of weird#!

^_^ ONE drm tos plans iws worse than you know. asmnow btw but I can;t get cororobating proof frrorm my fpeoples. theyr sadcared for jobs. it s com*ing tho IT IS COMING ):

^_^ MEedge2 at MS conf. langlewdell not mkaign an appearnce.

^_^ princeofpersian retgurgiate. for msfconf

^_^ sspecial sekrit Philupspensergame/? - world of banks frmo warmggamin.et

^_^ LIVEpaywallfirm like myb utocks in place for ONEE!1 f2p? sorury.

^_^ deadreising3 and exclcusive DLC for other capcpom game

^_^ onlingamingpayo.w.-allklk for Sony? ahha nope.noconfirm

^_^ sonty rapped up tighterrea than Virgin mosquito when on drm istuf. Frustartin!g myinfogloves!

Fianl things bef0re I hbieranate onte.h sleptime for ahwile.

1. aAll praisee neogaf
2. athanku alLL doubtersn ivirals, youre bitter tearzr are my bidet
3. be nice to mrajor nelson, he has ijob to do. like al snow
4. my balls, my wordd

cya

Confirmed Microsoft actively attempting to buy PS4 non-mentions. If you don't explicitly hear third part say "OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE" then confidently assume PS4 version is available behind scenes.

Stage 2 in depth DRM messaging @ gamescom. Rental strategy is not strategy, no plan for support, just wanted to keep quiet. No talk from executives because messaging isn't done (?). Stage 1 was last Thursday... total cluster fuck.

Cloud power = parole officer. Designed from Day1 DRM (?). Period. You know this already though. It's an MS idea. Approached third parties with plan, and NOT vice-versa. EA & Ubi biggest boosters but less Activision which makes my head full of weird!

ONE DRM TOS plan is worse than you know. asmnow (??) by the way but I can't get corroborating proof from my peoples. They're scared to lose their jobs. It's coming though. IT IS COMING :(

Mirror's Edge 2, Prince of Persia, World of Tanks at MS conference.

Live paywall in place for Xbone.

Dead Rising and Exclusive DLC for other capcom games.

Online gaming pay wall NOT confirmed for Sony.

Sony is wrapped up tighter than a virgin mosquito regarding their DRM plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom