• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zangeki no REGINLEIV Videos.

After seeing the trailer, it is quite clear that there has been a lot of effort put into this game. It was barely on my radar... this is the kind of effort and function wiimote wise i'm looking for in a Wii game.

Luigiv

Arde5643 said:
Is this really for Wii? And from a third party?

Does NOT compute.

Looks pretty good though.
Second Party actually (As in first party published and owned, third party developed).

KevinCow

Banned
Jaruru said:
but they localized Muscle March... :lol :lol :lol

As Regulus Tera pointed out, that wasn't Nintendo.

NoA, on the other hand, has refused to release games that have already been translated to English. Games with 100% of the development costs behind them, which would only require the minimal rating, production, and shipping costs to get released. They refuse to even give these games small, limited runs.

Basically, if it's not going to make them eight gajillion dollars like a Mario or a Wii _____, it's not worth NoA's time anymore.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I'm moving at the end of next week, so when I'm finished with that I'm totally gonna rent this shit.

Arde5643

Luigiv said:
Second Party actually (As in first party published and owned, third party developed).
Ahh...that makes more sense.

Can't hope anything more from third parties in the Wii these days.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
KevinCow said:
As Regulus Tera pointed out, that wasn't Nintendo.

NoA, on the other hand, has refused to release games that have already been translated to English. Games with 100% of the development costs behind them, which would only require the minimal rating, production, and shipping costs to get released. They refuse to even give these games small, limited runs.

Basically, if it's not going to make them eight gajillion dollars like a Mario or a Wii _____, it's not worth NoA's time anymore.

NoA aren't that bad. Yes, they pass on a few titles, but the last couple of years they have released several games that haven't come to Europe. ExciteBots, Mario Super Sluggers, Legendary Starfy, Fossil Fighters, Chibi Robo Park Patrol and Glory of Heracles all got a release (some very late, but still). NoE released Tingle, Disaster and Another Code R and both territories got Rhythm Heaven. Nintendo still puts out some niche stuff. Yes, they could, and should be releasing more outside Japan and releasing in both the US and EU, but they have brought a lot of titles over. If you're going to blame anyone, blame Iwata, he is the one who ultimately decides what products leave Japan, not the subsidiaries.

Anyway, I think Zangeki no REGINLEIV has a good chance of coming to the US/EU. Nintendo has been improving their attitude towards the more advanced gamer in recent months.

Agnates

Banned
Ah, cool, I didn't find that because it doesn't say Reginleiv in English :lol

I wish the debris, body parts, and bodies didn't just disappear, it looks jarring. Couldn't they at least do a fade effect? Or maybe have them go inside the ground or something? Oh well. Can't wait to play this with 3 friends!

Pixe said:

Wow, really?

51v17XrTi4L.jpg

I'll get the high-res one in a bit.

Agnates

Banned
Thanks duckroll :D

Do you know what it says you do to turn? It wasn't pointer-based because the cursor remained in the center while he was turning. Is it the d-pad? That would kinda ruin it, at least for one of the control schemes (unless you can also turn with the pointer for ranged weapons at least).

The slashing looks pretty good (though I hope Zelda Wii will have it more 1:1).

I know that there's just a small chance of this appearing in Yurop but I'd die for that black case.

Anyway, could someone be so kind and put the tutorial duckroll posted on Youtube?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Don't really mean to be a debbie downer, and I really hope this comes out in N.A, but people shouldn't get your hopes up on this- there has been absolutely zero indication this will make it out of Japan.

duckroll

Agnates said:
Thanks duckroll :D

Do you know what it says you do to turn? It wasn't pointer-based because the cursor remained in the center while he was turning. Is it the d-pad? That would kinda ruin it, at least for one of the control schemes (unless you can also turn with the pointer for ranged weapons at least).

The slashing looks pretty good (though I hope Zelda Wii will have it more 1:1).

You use the stick on the nunchuck. Up and down to move forward and backward, left and right to turn the camera. You hold C and move the stick to strafe left and right. You press C to jump.

Agnates said:
It's not hard to register on that site guys. I'll make a visual tutorial...

I know that it isn't too hard, I think sprsk even made a tutorial in the FAQ-Forum, but I don't like registering on sites I will only visit every other month, so I'd rather wait until someone puts it on youtube.

duckroll said:
You use the stick on the nunchuck. Up and down to move forward and backward, left and right to turn the camera. You hold C and move the stick to strafe left and right. You press C to jump.

Hmm interesting.

But I'm awfully curious about how Motion Plus enhances the controls, I mean it seems mostly IR-based to me.

Glass Soldier said:
I know that it isn't too hard, I think sprsk even made a tutorial in the FAQ-Forum, but I don't like registering on sites I will only visit every other month, so I'd rather wait until someone puts it on youtube.

Same.

Agnates

Banned
Login tutorial :D
Now you'll receive an e-mail, click the link to auth the account and you'll be logged in.

For future logins follow these steps.
Sorry, the arrow is meant to point the big orange button, not the field above :lol
Done. If any steps don't work, let me know to fix that, I did it by memory and I only registered once...

Edit: Oh, nevermind then...

How do you move the character duckroll, if the stick turns your view? Unless it turns with the character's facing direction, but then how do you look up/down? Does it have lock-on for bosses and such? That would certainly help in having a good combat feel...

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
This looks fun. Never played any of Sandlots other games.

and neat, it uses Motion+. This could be enjoyable, though unlikely candidate for NA I presume :(

Luigiv

Agnates said:
Login tutorial :D

Thanks for that.

duckroll said:
Tutorial video: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9450652

This is the most informative one yet, because it shows the control scheme for the game step by step. Seems pretty well designed. It also shows off the different weapon types and their possible combos, etc.
Hmm, looks like the game just uses m+ to keep track of the Wiimote when you're pointing off screen. Can't say that's a bad thing. I always find the IR pointer to act a little finicky when bringing the cursor back onscreen after the Wiimote looses track of the sensor bar, so offscreen tracking should fix it.

schuelma

I feel like one of the Darkside Chronicles box also had a black cover. Am I off on that?

The word I have heard, which isn't entirely reliable since it's more "friend of a friend" than usual, is that S&P2 selling well would basically guarantee this game's localization. Otherwise it could go either way.

Luigiv

Hero of Legend said:
I find it funny that black cases are all of the sudden awesome... since we went a gen with those for the GC! :lol :p
That's what I was thinking :lol. I think the main reason it looks so bold is because of the black wii logo and use of black in the Art. It goes very well with the black case.

schuelma

ShockingAlberto said:
The word I have heard, which isn't entirely reliable since it's more "friend of a friend" than usual, is that S&P2 selling well would basically guarantee this game's localization. Otherwise it could go either way.

The most likely route to localization I see is Iwata looking at this as a way to engage the core gamer/online crowd in N.A. If its up to Reggie alone I don't see it.

zigg

ShockingAlberto said:
The word I have heard, which isn't entirely reliable since it's more "friend of a friend" than usual, is that S&P2 selling well would basically guarantee this game's localization.

So best to give up all hope, then?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I don't trust NOA to pull their heads out of their asses, so I'm going to have to import this in February.

Top Bottom