• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886: New screenshot found on SSM website!

Looks great, but I really want to see gameplay video at this point. Come on RaD!

I still really can't shake the idea that no co-op (4-player gears of war 3 style) is just a massive missed opportunity.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
This is new, too.

image-0567a0a0-b9ff-4067-8044-0a3adb608625.jpg
This one is new. The one in the op was in GI, but I don't think it was available online, at least not here: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_the_order_1886_gets_details_screens-14761_en.html

And this one:

image-24217e16-0bd5-4c12-a68f-97a4dd561d77.jpg

W Hudson

this game is gonna play so boringly. i thought we were past gears of war by now but i am clearly mistaken

I kinda know where you are coming from but I think that its hard to say how it will play since we haven't seen anything yet. I'm gonna take the wait and see approach before judging. But I hope its not just a Gears clone

What's with the black bars?

1080p?

I'm guessing the game wont be 1080p but the black bars mean it will still be running native res. Black bars suck though, and so does running a non native res. They should really fix it before launch, i understand dragon's dogma doing this last gen but not now.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I know its really dumb of me but the black bars really ruin it for me.
It was a mistake to include the bars in the screens. When you actually play the game, your eyes just focus in on what's there, not what's not there. That was my experience with Beyond: Two Souls, once I focus on the game, I just stop thinking about what's not there to the point that I even forget it's letterboxed.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Do we know anything about The Order: 1886 gameplay or people just getting excited over nothing?

3rd person action adventure set in alternate 1800s London with monsters and supernatural stuff. From what it looks/sounds like it'll play ala gears/uncharted. Setting and story could be awesome, they keep harping on about this funky destruction/malleable tech they have, so gameplay could be pretty cool to if it pans out.

Famassu

This is is one of the few higher profile games that I'm not really sold on at all. The character models look great and there are a couple of atmospheric screenshots, but I dunno, just can't get too excited of what looks like yet another shooter. I dunno, maybe I'd just have hoped for a more melee emphasizing game or something. Of course, we haven't seen any gameplay yet, so maybe a great demonstration can change my mind.

I'm guessing the game wont be 1080p but the black bars mean it will still be running native res. Black bars suck though, and so does running a non native res. They should really fix it before launch, i understand dragon's dogma doing this last gen but not now.

The black bars are deliberate AFAIK. They're going for a "filmic" presentation.

The art direction for this game really is really getting me psyched.

I'm glad to see that their taking advantage of the wider aspect ratio in how they've set the camera. The wide view is creating some nice compositions. Hopefully it carries through much of the game and not just in cherry picked screens.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
image-24217e16-0bd5-4c12-a68f-97a4dd561d77.jpg

Man I really wanna see this in its native res :(

Thank you OP for reminding me how much I need this game, dat setting is just hnnnnnnnnnng.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Looks like it will be pretty neat, looking forward to the time period along with the supernatural elements.

Looks great, but I really want to see gameplay video at this point. Come on RaD!

I still really can't shake the idea that no co-op (4-player gears of war 3 style) is just a massive missed opportunity.

I was about to post the same thing, such a shame they seemingly don't want to do co-op. Even if it was a seperate campaign of some sort, would have been better than nothing at all, it was the same last gen in regards to co-op in games, Sony developers haven't really touched it.

I realy believe this game can go both ways.

It can either be really cool, or really meh.

Hope they throw in some surprising aspects, otherwise I fear it will be slaughtered by reviewers as an generic 3rd person shooter.

Here is too hoping for the best :)

EL CUCO

I'm excited to see the soft body, real time physics in action. Hopefully its included into the enemy characters. I want to make meat loaf out of people!

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Looks like it will be pretty neat, looking forward to the time period along with the supernatural elements.

I was about to post the same thing, such a shame they seemingly don't want to do co-op. Even if it was a seperate campaign of some sort, would have been better than nothing at all, it was the same last gen in regards to co-op in games, Sony developers haven't really touched it.

Have they flat out said no coop?

Top Bottom